Has The Money Ruined Us?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Has The Money Ruined Us?

Postby Beeks » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Could be worse...we could be Waford fans...just been on their forum....oh dear...
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:39 pm

Chinners wrote:You've been treated like a fickle mistress eh? I call that favoritism, they've just shat on me mostly

I'd settle for two girls and one cup.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby paulh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:46 pm

What a good sensible post. I've had a season ticket for years followed city dince born in 1970s I personally have highered my expectation alitlle,but their are blues now who expect way to much. As a fellow poster said its been 34yrs another few years woudlnt harm
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby wyted » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:13 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:...

My point is that some City fans have ridiculously unrealistic expectations at what we can achieve within a short space of time...and that is turning them into the very fans that we used to despise in other teams

I think other fans/pundits have unrealistic expectations and as such we are receiving so much more attention and criticism than we normally would of before the Sheik arrived and before the cash injection. I don't know about you lot but getting the piss taken out of me by a Burnley fan ain't my cup of tea.

Anyway I kind of got caught up in the whole Hughes out movement but then I remembered I am a CITY FAN and I'm not here for the trophies or the glory, well, I'd be fucked if I was! The last Semi-Final we attended as a club was three years prior to my birth so I'm happy at how were doing!!!
wyted
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:17 pm

All what is happening now with City does not suprise me one bit and I don't get why other people act so suprised. If there is one club in the whole wide world that could completely and utterly fuck up being the richest club in the world then it has to be my City.

I hate that we still can not get it right and hate the way on nights like last night how I was left feeling but this is City and no doubt they will do something shortly that will renew my faith.

Anyway the money has not changed the way I feel or how I follow City only that I kinda hoped we would loose the Spurs hoodo, and the Bolton one, and the Chelsea one....here's hoping we can break that Boro one!!!!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby viking the Odd » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:25 pm

Has the money ruined us ?
Crazy question, we would be ruined if we had not of gotten taken over, I could not see things changing quickly even though we are loaded, it's just the crap on the pitch is the problem not the money.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:41 pm

Good thread.

I wouldn't use the term 'ruined' but it's defiantly changed the club in more ways than just wealth. The perspective's changed. Fans expect more, and I include myself in that. For some reason, this causes friction.

We all really want the same thing, we just have different ideas on how to get there.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:58 pm

This may sound strange but I am quite happy with how we are going. Fair enough, I haven't been happy with a couple of our performances but at the same time I haven't expected to much. Yes, we have the money to buy and on the whole we have bought well, however individual players do not make a team. The time will come very soon when they all start singing off the same hymn sheet and that is the time we will start moving swiftly up the league.

On the whole, money isn't ruining us, it's peoples expectations of what money can bring, and some want it now. I personally would be happy with a Euro place next season, whether it be CL or Europa and the possibility of a final with beating the rags to get there making it even sweeter.

I suppose I don't expect to much of City which could be to do with the previous 30 years of watching them. One Swallow does make a Spring in [strike]City's[/strike] my book!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Chinners » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:37 pm

Top thread this! One of the best for ages. Fact, fiction, fabrecations, lies and good tolerent humour/banter & pain, it's got the lot.

Well done all.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby villain » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:42 pm

Money is a funny thing. It can make your life, or it can ruin it. I guess football clubs are the same, really.

What I do think is that if any club in the league had had the sudden, massive influx of money you have, this exact argument would be going on on their forums right now.

Incidentally, I don't think the money will ruin you. I do think that, gradually, it will ruin football, though.
villain
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby dazby » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:54 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
CityGer wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
CityGer wrote:Some people are certainly less tollerant of others, particularly if they happen to have differing opinions.

Because of the money?

I don't really get your point mate...

I can only assume so, Dub.

I can never remember there being such outrage and disapproval against people airing their disappointment in the past. We have won one game in ten, are pissing our season away, showing asolutely no signs of improvement yet there are so many attacks on those who show their disappointment and anger over it........Fickle they are!

You tell me, Dub, whether it's down to the money or not, but never before has calling a spade a spade been looked upon so dimly.

Nail in the head mate!

If we had gone into such run under, say, Keegan, people would have been vying for blood.......wait a minute, we did and they were!

Er...point missed completely...as ive stated earlier in the thread it's not about airing your disappointment...we all do that...myself included...it's about the attitude of some that it is our god given right to be up their challenging for the premiership despite us assembling a team like some would go an order a big mac...and like the original post...it is about the attitude of fans turning from the self defacating humurous bunch we have all been for years into nasty little clueless twats

I love shitting on myself and playing with hommus. I also like shitting in chests of draws.

I can't believe you got away with that for two pages. tut tut
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beeks » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:11 am

dazby wrote:
I love shitting on myself and playing with hommus. I also like shitting in chests of draws.

I can't believe you got away with that for two pages. tut tut

Hahahaha sorry I was tired...I meant deprecating...the other was a typo ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:47 am

Before we had Dickov now we have Tevez.Worlds apart.
Before we had Kinky now we have Robson.
In the good ol days when we were self deprecating we had Alan Ball and managers of such quality.
Now apparently we have the best young british manager so I think be able to order a win like a Big Mac shouldnt be looked at as if its to demanding from us and has ruined us.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby kinkylola » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:27 pm

Honestly I think people are overreacting to the "overreactors"

after drawing every shitty team in the prem, we should all be upset. capping that off with a comprehensive loss to spurs was never going to end with a happy happy love-fest on this, or any, forum.

I'm upset when we lose, I'm happy when we win ... and I love city throughout the whole rollercoaster ride.

I just think some people on both sides need to get over themselves really.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:19 pm

kinkylola wrote:Honestly I think people are overreacting to the "overreactors"

after drawing every shitty team in the prem, we should all be upset. capping that off with a comprehensive loss to spurs was never going to end with a happy happy love-fest on this, or any, forum.

I'm upset when we lose, I'm happy when we win ... and I love city throughout the whole rollercoaster ride.

I just think some people on both sides need to get over themselves really.

TOP POST

whether happy or pissed everyone still loves MCFC!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum