If You Could Pick Our New Manager

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: If You Could Pick Our New Manager

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Mourinho or Ranieri.

Two managers with bags of personality and a head for tactics and transfers.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:25 am

Paul Jewell.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby dikdik » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:12 am

Martin O'Neil touched by the hand of Clough...
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby The Original Special One » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:15 am

People have been proclaiming Hiddink the greatest coach in World football
But he failed badly with Russia.
Dutch coaches, since the great Rinus Michels, more often flatter to deceive.

Mourinho has the pedigree and he's the comon sense to know that you start with your defence
And once you get that right you can work on the entertainment
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Chopper » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:21 am

I want.....

Sven

he he this should fire it up.

I like lamp

I like Lambretta

City, Scooters, Tunes, no mark hughes. Ive been a good boy.

Pissed up is the way forward

happy Christmas

Hiddink aint coming, Mourinho wont either.

WHat was i saying?

make the best of it.

Im hungry
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:50 am

Well I do not know why this needs another thread - seems a weak and transparent way of breaking the rules - but please please not that shallow egotist Jose - the 'project' would have some shine for a year - we would hear a lot about him and then it would be set back several years - people are so easily tempted to give up the long term domination for a short term bit of gloss
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:25 am

mcfc1632 wrote:Well I do not know why this needs another thread - seems a weak and transparent way of breaking the rules - but please please not that shallow egotist Jose - the 'project' would have some shine for a year - we would hear a lot about him and then it would be set back several years - people are so easily tempted to give up the long term domination for a short term bit of gloss
So who do you reckon suitable for this long term domination? So far, no manager has achieved it if not Taggart with the scum, all the other big clubs have changed managers often, or haven't been that successful, like Wenger at Arsenal or Rafa at Liverpool (and he's not been there that long after all, what is it, four years?). Chelsea, Barca, Bayern, Real Madrid, Juventus, Milan, Inter, every big club has changed manager, for a reason or another, every two or three seasons, with the exception of Milan which kept Ancelotti for seven years I think, and not all of those seven years have been successful.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby sandman » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:57 am

sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby Bluez » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:19 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Has anyone actually looked at Hiddink's club record?
It's not that impressive, people are judging him on his achievements with Australia and South Korea - why?

BEcause the press says he is good so he must be.

If we could pick there woudl be two options

Wenger, first choice by a mile.
Mourino (but it wouldn't take long before people were complaining about boring football).
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:23 am

It's not that impressive, people are judging him on his achievements with Australia and South Korea - why?

He's better than Co Bloody Adriannse.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:24 am

Bluez wrote:

Mourino (but it wouldn't take long before people were complaining about boring football).

There isnt many about is there?
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:32 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Mourinho
Hiddink
Mancini
O'Neil
Rijkaard
Van Gaal

Maybe not all available but every single one of them better than Hughes. I'm sure one of them would be tempted.

This lost minus Rijkaard who I don't rate at all. My grandma could have managed that Barcelona team.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Bluez » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:46 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Bluez wrote:

No, Mancini for some reason is still unemployed, Van Gaal is having trouble at Bayern, Riikard has took Galtasery on one of there worst seasons for years, Hiddink is unproven at club level (he was only at Chelsea a short time and basically got an established team playing well again, as will international football). Also if he really does want to stick with International teams you would have to question whether he would even want to manage a club.

Bluez

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:16 am

Van Gaal had problems in Bayern but does not have problems anymore. They destroyed Juventus in the Champions League and then battered Bochum 5:1 and are now 3rd in the League only 2 points behind 1st.

I have to say though I'd much rather have Schalke's coach (Felix Magath) who got Bayern the double (League title and Cup) two years in a row (first time in the Club's history) only to be sacked anyway. Then he went to Wolfsburg, had a lot of money to spend and won the title with them.

Now he is managing a young Schalke side, has hardly any money to spend and they are still 2nd in the League. Top top manager.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Gloryhunter123 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:36 am

Bluez wrote:
Bluez wrote:

No, Mancini for some reason is still unemployed, Van Gaal is having trouble at Bayern, Riikard has took Galtasery on one of there worst seasons for years, Hiddink is unproven at club level (he was only at Chelsea a short time and basically got an established team playing well again, as will international football). Also if he really does want to stick with International teams you would have to question whether he would even want to manage a club.

Maybe Mancini has not been offered anything he considers suitable being the reason for his continued unemployment and Rijkaard has taken Gala into the next phase of the Europa and at the moment has them 2nd in the table after the season Gala finished 4th.Van Gaal has Bayern in 3rd two points behind the leaders with plenty of games to go how is any of that a failure?
Clueless started in international management and it was after that he got BB overachieving so much apparently and Hiddink has already proved what he can do with good players so why shouldn't people want him.
Gloryhunter123
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Sparky haters !
My favourite player is: Swp

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:49 am

Gloryhunter123 wrote:
Bluez wrote:
Bluez wrote:

Maybe Mancini has not been offered anything he considers suitable being the reason for his continued unemployment and Rijkaard has taken Gala into the next phase of the Europa and at the moment has them 2nd in the table after the season Gala finished 4th.Van Gaal has Bayern in 3rd two points behind the leaders with plenty of games to go how is any of that a failure?
Clueless started in international management and it was after that he got BB overachieving so much apparently and Hiddink has already proved what he can do with good players so why shouldn't people want him.

Mate the Turkish league aint shit,plus theres lots of other manager who have got there clubs to the second phase of champions league.

Group winners: ARSENAL, Barcelona, Bordeaux, CHELSEA, Fiorentina, MAN UTD, Real Madrid, Sevilla.
Runners-up: AC Milan, Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow, FC Porto, Lyon, Inter Milan, Olympiakos, Stuttgart.

What about getting,Olympiakos manager,or Stuttgart,Porto? Hell even CSKA.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Fish111 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:57 am

CityGer wrote:Mourinho.

Hiddink a close second.

We should be sounding out Jose now and if we don't get positive vibes then Hiddink should be appointed asap.

Agreed, but i would be willing to wait for Mourinho until the summer.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:59 am

Bluez wrote:
Bluez wrote:

Still all of them miles better manager than Hughes. I don't think anyone can argue against that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:05 am

Gloryhunter123 wrote:
Bluez wrote:
Bluez wrote:

Absolutely. Some people were saying ridiculous stuff like "look, he didn't go to Sunderland". Why would man with his experience of success and managing in a big club go to Sunderland or Blackburn?

I really genuinely hope we appoint Mancini after Hughes. Young, experience of spending money, experience of winning stuff, experience of managing big egos, experience of getting best out of players he has got, tactically astute and young. He could, and in my opinion would, be our Wenger.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Bluez » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:14 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Absolutely. Some people were saying ridiculous stuff like "look, he didn't go to Sunderland". Why would man with his experience of success and managing in a big club go to Sunderland or Blackburn?

I really genuinely hope we appoint Mancini after Hughes. Young, experience of spending money, experience of winning stuff, experience of managing big egos, experience of getting best out of players he has got, tactically astute and young. He could, and in my opinion would, be our Wenger.

Doesn't that raise the question, if he is so good why have none of the bigger clubs gone for him?

Bluez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum