If You Could Pick Our New Manager

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: If You Could Pick Our New Manager

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:04 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
ant london wrote:I'd bet my bottom dollar that Jose's "people" have been sounding the owners out over the last couple of months

Clear that he doesn't like it in Milan

I'd have him for comedy value alone....agree re Van Gaal and Rijkaard...both wouldn't be on my list

I'd scratch off Mancini aswell.

Mourinho
Hiddink
O'Neill.

They are the only ones i'd go for,but really the list is two as O'Neill is the rag manager in waiting.

That's why it would be all the more sweeter if we could snap him. O'Neill, I feel, is kind of manager who has it all we need. He has experience of winning things, has worked in a big club and is tactically very astute. He always gets the best out of players he has got as well, so imagine what he'd do with our players.

I think he is waiting for Bacon to retire pal,plus i dont think he would leave Villa.

But i do agree with you. 100%

Throw big money at him and he will come. I'm certain of that. I mean the man has degree in law and have you ever met lawyer who isn't greedy? Besides, when he was in Celtic supposedly in his "dream job", he had already an agreement in place to join Leeds (when Ridsdale was still there).

I reckon he'd take sheiks millions.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:24 pm

Hiddink was brilliant with South Korea and Australia.
Fact remains he failed at Fenerbahce, Valencia, Real Madrid and Betis.
I'm not convinced.

Mourinho has always played shite boring football, but has won things. My first choice would be van Gaal, even if he's a horrible person and unavailable.

Co Adriaanse talks a lot of sense and has a great track record. I especially like his training methods...

Tactical approach
Adriaanse gained a lot of fame in the Netherlands after qualifying for the Champions League with the average Dutch club Willem II. It was even more impressive, because Willem II often played attacking football. Throughout his whole manager career he always stuck to play attacking football. His game approach is in many ways similar to that of Louis van Gaal, who eventually succeeded him at AZ.
[edit]
Training

Adriaanse is famous for his controversial training approach. At Willem II, he once ordered his whole squad to follow him by car, while they drove 13 km away from their training ground. At a remote spot, all players had to give their car keys to Adriaanse. Then he drove back to town, while the squad had to run in front of his car. Back at the training ground, the players got their car keys back. However, since their cars where still parked far from the training ground, they all had to walk back another 13 km.[2] At AZ Alkmaar he once ordered the whole squad to search for Easter eggs during a training session. They looked for an hour until Co Adriaanse finally revealed there were no eggs hidden.[3] Adriaanse already had these strange training methods at the start of his career, because when he was a youth trainer at Ajax, he sometimes ordered his players to lay on the ground. Then a teammate (with football boots on) would run over the bodies.[4] Because of all these infamous incidents, Adriaanse is sometimes nicknamed "Psycho Co".
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Nick » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Bloke sounds like a legend, but imagine that with prima donnas like ade and robinho. Hughes seems to hardcore for them as it is.

Why the fuck would O'neil leave? He just took us for a mug by piecing together our second choice defence with Dunne and Warnock and making it 10 times better than ours.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Chinners » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:21 pm

O'Neil?, he's well overrated imo over a 38 game season. Now if it were only 20-25 games he'd be perfect
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Original Dub » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:36 pm

sandman wrote:Since Leslie doesnt have the abilty, and this isnt a thread to slag off Hughes or a debate when the inevitable will happen, when it does, who would you like?

I want Hiddink.

Brilliant.
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:42 pm

Gary Megson
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby sandman » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Original Dub wrote:
sandman wrote:Since Leslie doesnt have the abilty, and this isnt a thread to slag off Hughes or a debate when the inevitable will happen, when it does, who would you like?

I want Hiddink.

Brilliant.

Was I not subtle enough...... :o)
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Steve Staunton would do at this rate
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Socrates » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Someone who has won trophies, preferably with multiple clubs and who is proven to be able to work with big name players.

That leaves us with a short list of;
Mourinho - proven at the level and in England but suspect on legacy issues, leaves a mess behind. Also a problem with style of play.
Hiddink - proven but getting on, would be short term sticking plaster job
Mancini - won trophies with all 3 clubs he has managed, built a new dynasty at Inter and playing good football too - defenitely should be considered whatever the (un)original dick says
Rijkaard - proven at the level, good style of football
Ranieri - proven in England, took Chelsea into 2nd place, good builder for this sort of project
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Blueboylewis » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:36 pm

Mourinho or Hiddink.

Either i would be happy with
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bobadji » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Hiddink
Mourinho
Ranieri

In that order. Looking at that list, may as well shove Scolari and Grant on there. Chelsea have wasted a few top managers.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ned

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:39 pm

bobadji wrote:Hiddink
Mourinho
Ranieri

In that order. Looking at that list, may as well shove Scolari and Grant on there. Chelsea have wasted a few top managers.

Dont forget

Steve McLaren has won a trophy in England.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Kyle » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:48 pm

Mark Hughes.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:14 pm

Socrates wrote:
That leaves us with a short list of;
Mourinho - proven at the level and in England but suspect on legacy issues, leaves a mess behind. Also a problem with style of play.
Mancini - won trophies with all 3 clubs he has managed, built a new dynasty at Inter and playing good football too - defenitely should be considered whatever the (un)original dick says
Ranieri - proven in England, took Chelsea into 2nd place, good builder for this sort of project

Definitely agree on Jose, not a big fan of Mancini but you can't argue with trophies (although, at Inter he had a far supeiror team to the other contenders so it wasn't that much of an achievement imho)

Ranieri, I find his football boring tbh, it surely is compared to Spalletti's one, but you can't argue with points and since he came Roma have made a lot of points, he took the team after two defeats in a row in the first two league games and in the last place in the table and has now brought it to fifth place with a six-pointer this weekend against the fourth, not to mention going through the group stages of Europa League as first. Would probably be a good bet for a building project like ours, if we could endure the boring footy and be satisfied with results, but I doubt he's going to leave Roma as he's finally at the helm of the club he is a fan of.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby King Kev » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:41 pm

Mike Newell.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby edge275 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:46 pm

Mourinho definitely.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:47 pm

Jose first choice.Dunga is leaving Brazil after the WC I would like him or Guardiola if this is hypothetical.
Rag_hater

Postby simon12 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:29 pm

Hiddink. JM wooouuulllld taaaakkkkeee ttttoooo lloonnngg gggeeetttiiiinnngg tthhheeeerrrreee.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:35 pm

Steve Coppell
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:11 pm

Has anyone actually looked at Hiddink's club record?
It's not that impressive, people are judging him on his achievements with Australia and South Korea - why?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum