If You Could Pick Our New Manager

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: If You Could Pick Our New Manager

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:30 pm

I see most posts revolve around Hiddink and Jose; why is this?

Jose because many regard him the best manager (pyscologically) around.

Hiddink because many regard him as an educated old school (man management) type of manager.

I can't help but think that we have dropped to the levels of the Sun and the Mirror for this one and not taken into account the club that we love. Just a thought?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:59 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I see most posts revolve around Hiddink and Jose; why is this?

Hiddink because many regard him as an educated old school (man management) type of manager.

I can't help but think that we have dropped to the levels of the Sun and the Mirror for this one and not taken into account the club that we love. Just a thought?

that doesn't make any sense to me.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby edge275 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:48 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Me neither. I want Mourinho first and foremost. Would also love Wenger. Please act Sheikh and get rid of the clown currently in charge and bring in someone who knows what the fuck they're doing!
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:58 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Quite simple mate, why is it that only Jose and Hiddink are spouted? There are many managers out there who could come in and do a very good job, yet the only ones really mentioned are these 2.

And when I mention the club, what I mean is that at this time, we are not yet up to the levels that could allow us to really approach someone like Jose and it is the media who have linked us with Hiddink through his agent; yet Hiddink said no.

I was just wondering if anyone did have any other managers in line, rather than the obvious already stated?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby fisterton » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:10 pm

I'm surprised Ottmar Hitzfeld's name hasn't come up, as he's the only living manager to win the champions league with two different teams. At 60, he isn't the young manager many want, but I'm sure he has a few years left in him. He certainly hasn't disappointed with the Swiss national team, qualifying first in an admittedly weak group.

His achievements as a manager, from wikipedia
* 3 Swiss Cups (With FC Aarau in 1985; with Grasshopper Club Zürich in 1989 and 1990)
* 2 Swiss Super League (With Grasshopper Club Zürich in 1990 and 1991)
* 7 German championships (With Borussia Dortmund in 1995 and 1996; with FC Bayern Munich in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2008)
* 3 German Cups (With FC Bayern Munich in 2000, 2003 and 2008)
* 2 UEFA Champions League (With Borussia Dortmund in 1997; with FC Bayern Munich in 2001)
* 2 Intercontinental Cup (With Borussia Dortmund in 1997 and FC Bayern Munich in 2001)
* 2 World Coach of the Year (1997 and 2001)
* Voted Bayern Munich's greatest coach ever[http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/news/news/2005/04283.php]
* Rated the best Bundesliga-coach of all time[11]

I can't help but wonder if the number of top managers unavailable until after the World Cup (e.g. Hitzfeld, Lippi and Del Bosque) is reason to wait until the summer to make a switch.
fisterton
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:35 pm

fisterton wrote:I'm surprised Ottmar Hitzfeld's name hasn't come up, as he's the only living manager to win the champions league with two different teams. At 60, he isn't the young manager many want, but I'm sure he has a few years left in him. He certainly hasn't disappointed with the Swiss national team, qualifying first in an admittedly weak group.

His achievements as a manager, from wikipedia
* 3 Swiss Cups (With FC Aarau in 1985; with Grasshopper Club Zürich in 1989 and 1990)
* 2 Swiss Super League (With Grasshopper Club Zürich in 1990 and 1991)
* 7 German championships (With Borussia Dortmund in 1995 and 1996; with FC Bayern Munich in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2008)
* 3 German Cups (With FC Bayern Munich in 2000, 2003 and 2008)
* 2 UEFA Champions League (With Borussia Dortmund in 1997; with FC Bayern Munich in 2001)
* 2 Intercontinental Cup (With Borussia Dortmund in 1997 and FC Bayern Munich in 2001)
* 2 World Coach of the Year (1997 and 2001)
* Voted Bayern Munich's greatest coach ever[http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/news/news/2005/04283.php]
* Rated the best Bundesliga-coach of all time[11]

I can't help but wonder if the number of top managers unavailable until after the World Cup (e.g. Hitzfeld, Lippi and Del Bosque) is reason to wait until the summer to make a switch.

This!

Or like I said Felix Magath. Young manager and already very very successful (won the league with Bayern and Wolfsburg and is 2nd with Schalke now).
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby sandman » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:43 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Mourinho
Hiddink
Mancini
O'Neil
Rijkaard
Van Gaal

Maybe not all available but every single one of them better than Hughes. I'm sure one of them would be tempted.

And the winner was NQDP for being the first one to suggest him, yet he did place a safe bet by naming arguably 6 of the 8 best managers in the world in one post.

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I really genuinely hope we appoint Mancini after Hughes. Young, experience of spending money, experience of winning stuff, experience of managing big egos, experience of getting best out of players he has got, tactically astute and young. He could, and in my opinion would, be our Wenger.

And you reward is a future of success and happiness brought on by our Wenger!!
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby symiblue » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:54 pm

...well I don't think I'd have gone to the Labour Exchange for our new fall guy!
"That's great, tell him he's Pele and get him back on."
John Lambie, Partick Thistle manager, when told a concussed striker did not know who he was.
symiblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Bellamy

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:55 pm

Capello

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:26 am

symiblue wrote:...well I don't think I'd have gone to the Labour Exchange for our new fall guy!

he's only been out of work since November, that's 8 months less than Mourinho was out of work after Chelsea!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby symiblue » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:42 am

Socrates wrote:
symiblue wrote:...well I don't think I'd have gone to the Labour Exchange for our new fall guy!

he's only been out of work since November, that's 8 months less than Mourinho was out of work after Chelsea!

You're quite correct - I think the current term in vogue is "garden leave" or was he mowing the grass?
John Lambie, Partick Thistle manager, when told a concussed striker did not know who he was.
symiblue

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:46 am

symiblue wrote:
Socrates wrote:

You're quite correct - I think the current term in vogue is "garden leave" or was he mowing the grass?

He was busily preparing to manage us while being paid by Inter, I can live with that.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby symiblue » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:57 am

Socrates wrote:
symiblue wrote:
Socrates wrote:

He was busily preparing to manage us while being paid by Inter, I can live with that.

Hell - hadn't realised the negotiations had taken so long. How come you're in the know? When did they start?
symiblue

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:13 am

symiblue wrote:
Socrates wrote:
symiblue wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Hell - hadn't realised the negotiations had taken so long. How come you're in the know? When did they start?

Goodness knows but he is mates with Khaldoon and has been learning English and watching loads of Prem games for a reason and it certainly wasn't to help his other mate at Notts County :O)
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby miss-mancity » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:15 am

I want Josep Guardiola
Evrything he touch turn to silver/gold...
:-).
[center]Image

Sorry but I'm extremely dyslexic
in writing, but not in reading.

Wont to move, to Manchester come new year..:-).
Is in London stil.. :-/.
[/center]
miss-mancity
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City. Barca. Stabæk

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:23 am

sandman wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Mourinho
Hiddink
Mancini
O'Neil
Rijkaard
Van Gaal

Maybe not all available but every single one of them better than Hughes. I'm sure one of them would be tempted.

And the winner was NQDP for being the first one to suggest him, yet he did place a safe bet by naming arguably 6 of the 8 best managers in the world in one post.

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I really genuinely hope we appoint Mancini after Hughes. Young, experience of spending money, experience of winning stuff, experience of managing big egos, experience of getting best out of players he has got, tactically astute and young. He could, and in my opinion would, be our Wenger.

And you reward is a future of success and happiness brought on by our Wenger!!

yeah, I'm sticking my neck out here bad. But I do genuinely think Robbie Manc is top appointment and huge improvement on our previous manager.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:31 am

Are you really going to take credit Antti for an idea put in your head 8 months ago by Soccs?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:43 am

dazby wrote:Are you really going to take credit Antti for an idea put in your head 8 months ago by Soccs?

Eh?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:04 am

I'd rather have this bloke than most of the usual names trawled out. Hiddink would've been my No1 choice but Mancini is more likely to be hungry & up to the job of building a team. He needs to succeed instantly to avoid the sack though which puts a different slant on things. If he's lucky in the transfer window, most of the team is brilliant anyway so he has a chance.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum