In what scenario would Hughes have used Weiss?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: In what scenario would Hughes have used Weiss?

Postby Nick » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:29 pm

zuricity wrote:Wait until you guys see Rob Mak. The guy is as fast as lightning and absolutely delightful skills on the ball.

doubt we'll ever see him mate
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:12 pm

ashton287 wrote:if he and petrov would have atsrted we would of won because spurs were not good tonight we were just disgusting

if shauny is injured weiss should have started if he was gonna play robbie on the left

hughes doesnt no how to make a decision he makes a gameplan then is baffled if it doesnt work

I disagree about spurs not being good, that had a tactic/strategy, we had udder chaos, and even when it was painfully obvious we sucked, the fix and the best solutions were left on the bench.

Whether Weiss is the answer, who knows? BUT FFS MH NOTHING ELSE IS WORKING, YOU HAVE NOWHERE TO GO BUT UP!!!

Sorry Carl for the caps...
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:05 pm

ant london wrote:I don't disagree with what you're saying IF the player we're talking about hadn't only had about 80 minutes of first team football.

I've seen too many City youngsters play well and be treated as the new, new, new Messiah only to then be slated as soon as their form dips.

I'd rather that not happen yet again, so for me, last night was not the night to throw Weiss on to change things. Not expecting you to agree as you make valid points but I am offering you just my opinion
I see your point and it is a reasonable one, but I still think having him come on was worth a punt :) I just think we really need an alternative to SWP for when he's missing and playing Ireland wide right is clearly not the answer, playing Tevez there could have been, but so could have putting Weiss on.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Blue Toy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:32 pm

ant london wrote:I don't disagree with what you're saying IF the player we're talking about hadn't only had about 80 minutes of first team football.

I've seen too many City youngsters play well and be treated as the new, new, new Messiah only to then be slated as soon as their form dips.

I'd rather that not happen yet again, so for me, last night was not the night to throw Weiss on to change things. Not expecting you to agree as you make valid points but I am offering you just my opinion

Ant, I go back to my original question then - In what scenario would Weiss have been used?
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby gillie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:49 pm

He should have come on at half time imo Assou-ekotto was under employed all night i bet he never got his kit dirty.But in answer to your question BT he did not bring him on and when we were 2 down i think he thought like Ant so he was never going to use him unless we were coasting to a win.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum