In what scenario would Hughes have used Weiss?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

In what scenario would Hughes have used Weiss?

Postby Blue Toy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Why have him on the bench? WHY BOTHER if you're not going to use him at 2-0 down when we are crying out for width, what the fuck was the point in even naming him? To give him a 2 minute run out if we'd have been winning 3-0 with a minute to go (yeah right) ?

I just don't understand the mentality of not using him and I am left scratching my head as to what Hughes' plan was for him when he named him on the bench. It's not even like he was named as cover in case an outfield player got injured.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: In what scenario would Hughes have used Weiss?

Postby Grob » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:54 pm

Mark Hughes doesnt know what hes doing
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:57 pm

Really fucks me off. Didnt he say a while back that he now had faith in Weiss. WHAT UTTER TOTAL FUCKING DRIVEL!
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby ashton287 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:58 pm

if he and petrov would have atsrted we would of won because spurs were not good tonight we were just disgusting

if shauny is injured weiss should have started if he was gonna play robbie on the left

hughes doesnt no how to make a decision he makes a gameplan then is baffled if it doesnt work
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 pm

why start with robinho in front of sylvinio when it was blatently obvious lennon (along with defoe) was there biggest threat and they would attack that side as there would be no cover from robinho? i thought , when they shown the starting team on sky that barry would play in front of sylvinio but obviously he never as every time lennon went went forward he raped the brazilian. after 6 or 7 times this happend i thought the manager would have changed this but he never. fucking inept welsh cunt.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:07 pm

Grob wrote:Mark Hughes doesnt know what hes doing

i hope you aren't kidding.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:12 pm

What scenario would he use Weiss?

When 43 members of our first team squad are out injured.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rae4685 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:12 pm

Hed of let him polish Robinhos boots if hed of got them dirty!
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Twobob » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:21 pm

... When the Taffia figure out what a tactic actually is and when they grow the intellegience to read a game of football and can realise when something is going so totally TITS!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:28 pm

Twobob wrote:... When the Taffia figure out what a tactic actually is and when they grow the intellegience to read a game of football and can realise when something is going so totally TITS!

but i like tits!
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby shawzy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:37 pm

Was crying out all night in the match thread to put Weiss on..The width was none existent..How the fuck can Micah work the whole right side?
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:44 pm

Hughes will never use Weiss, because Weiss represents everything about City before he came to the club. He'd rather Weiss stayed on the bench. ffs he brought Cruz on tonight, what a waste that was and then he takes Robihno off for Cruz. A class A pillock. Adebayor should have been substituted in the first half.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby ant london » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:22 am

I think you are all barking.

Personally I might've taken a punt and started Vlad tonight but to bring him on when we were chasing the game would have been reckless in the extreme. Not in terms of the fact that Weiss might not have made a difference but the detrimental effect to the lad if he had fucked up or hadn't changed things, lost the ball a lot. All those groans from his own fans and feeling that he'd let everyone down....

No thanks, one of the decisions Hughes got right last night was leaving him on the bench all match
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:22 am

ant london wrote:I think you are all barking.

Personally I might've taken a punt and started Vlad tonight but to bring him on when we were chasing the game would have been reckless in the extreme. Not in terms of the fact that Weiss might not have made a difference but the detrimental effect to the lad if he had fucked up or hadn't changed things, lost the ball a lot. All those groans from his own fans and feeling that he'd let everyone down....

No thanks, one of the decisions Hughes got right last night was leaving him on the bench all match
I don't agree. We were already shit in the first half, down 1-0 and desperately asking for width because we kept hitting a wall going through the centre. Even if he had come on and done nothing, we were already in a pretty bad situation so I don't think it would have affected his confidence much, especially if he had come on when we were already down 2-0. But imagine what boost his confidence could have had if he had come on and improved the way we were playing due to giving us more width. I'm not saying we would have drawn, not when we were 2-0 down already, but it could have helped things quite a bit imho. Put both him and Petrov on for Barry and Robinho, move Ireland to the middle to orchestrate our attacking play and De Jong in front of the defence, Adebayor and Tevez up front, or RSC in Ade's palce as he was shit yesterday, and things could have improved a lot. If not, it wouldn't have been Weiss' fault.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby ant london » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:34 am

I don't disagree with what you're saying IF the player we're talking about hadn't only had about 80 minutes of first team football.

I've seen too many City youngsters play well and be treated as the new, new, new Messiah only to then be slated as soon as their form dips.

I'd rather that not happen yet again, so for me, last night was not the night to throw Weiss on to change things. Not expecting you to agree as you make valid points but I am offering you just my opinion
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:44 am

ashton287 wrote:if he and petrov would have atsrted we would of won because spurs were not good tonight we were just disgusting

if shauny is injured weiss should have started if he was gonna play robbie on the left

hughes doesnt no how to make a decision he makes a gameplan then is baffled if it doesnt work

Like you say with SWP not available last night it would have seemed the perfect time for an hour of Vlad last night for me.
Rag_hater

Postby sandman » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:16 pm

Blue Toy wrote:Why have him on the bench? WHY BOTHER if you're not going to use him at 2-0 down when we are crying out for width, what the fuck was the point in even naming him? To give him a 2 minute run out if we'd have been winning 3-0 with a minute to go (yeah right) ?

I just don't understand the mentality of not using him and I am left scratching my head as to what Hughes' plan was for him when he named him on the bench. It's not even like he was named as cover in case an outfield player got injured.

He's just behind Elano and Aquilani in the pecking order...
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby Nick » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:10 pm

None.

Maybe if we were 5-0 up and playing at COMS with 5 mins left.

Total numpty. He brings RSC on which changes barely anything, wastes 20 mins of us being the same (fuck all) then brings petrov on when its too late to get 2 goals and then STILL doesnt bring weiss on. WHAT THE FUCK.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:13 pm

ant london wrote:I don't disagree with what you're saying IF the player we're talking about hadn't only had about 80 minutes of first team football.

I've seen too many City youngsters play well and be treated as the new, new, new Messiah only to then be slated as soon as their form dips.

I'd rather that not happen yet again, so for me, last night was not the night to throw Weiss on to change things. Not expecting you to agree as you make valid points but I am offering you just my opinion

MATE - WEISS PLAYS FOR HIS COUNTRY...I THINK HE CAN HANDLE PLAYING AN HOUR FOR US DONT YOU THINK ?

WE NEEDED WIDTH LAST NIGHT........WEISS WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD CHOICE TO CHANGE THINGS AROUND.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:18 pm

Wait until you guys see Rob Mak. The guy is as fast as lightning and absolutely delightful skills on the ball.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum