Player Ratings versus Spurs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Player Ratings versus Spurs

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:19 pm

GIVEN 5 - Did nothing wrong, did nothing right. A pretty anonymous performance

RICHARDS 6 - Played quite well to be honest. Didn't get beaten down the left very much but probably cos the ball was always on the right.

TOURE 4 - Cannot deal with height or pace or strength. This guy is bringing nothing to the defence in the last couple of months and the defending for the second was awful.

NEDUM 5 - Some nice tackling in the second half but was giving far too much time to both Crouch and Defoe.

SYLVINHO 3 - Old and looked it. Lennon isn't that good a player, he just kicks it and runs. The way he sold himself short and rugby tackled was schoolboy defending.

BARRY 4 - What is he bringing to the team at the moment apart from gifting the opposition posession and goals. I thought he'd be our best signing of the window. How wrong.

DE JONG 6 - Show spirit and good tackling and was trying to force the issue but everytime De Jong plays the opposition midfield have the freedom of the centre circle. Far too many times he followed the ball and was out wide leaving Huddlestone to do as he wished in the middle.

IRELAND 5 - Suppose to be on the right side, ended up inside right and in the middle, gave no width, tried some throughballs but everyone was snuffed out. Not his usual self as he didn't do much tackling. If he wasn't there for the first goal Given would have collected it safely :-(

ROBINHO 3 - Didn't touch the ball more than 4 times in the entire match. This guy just does not turn up for away games.

TEVEZ 6 - Bright start and he sets the tempo for the team. Was good for 30mins and then disappeared as 3 men marked him out of the rest of the game.

ADEBAYOR 3 - Utterley WANK. Even RSC and Petrov were having a go at him towards the end!

SANTA CRUZ 6 - Looked like he was sort of fit tonight and did more in his 30mins than Adebayor has done in the last 3 matches.

PETROV 5 - Always dangerous with his direct style. We needed his width from the start and in retrospective should have started him instead of Robinwho.

FORMATION 1 - My god we play with no formation at all. Players just run aimlessly around the pitch leaving massive holes to be exposed. We need a system and formation and force our players to stick to their zonal positions. Its like watching 10 year olds playing footy at school dinner time.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: Player Ratings versus Spurs

Postby Grob » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:28 pm

Given - 6 - Cant really fault him

Richards - 7 - Impressed me.

Toure - 6 - Is going backwards

Onuoha - 6 - For his first game back, he did well.

Sylvinho - 5 - Poor fella was raped by Lennon for the first. And no, hes not better than Wayne Bridge just to clear that up.

De Jong - 5 - Can dominate Essien but not Palacios and Huddleston. Not quite the player some make him out to be.

Barry - 6 - Give him his due, he tried to sort things out, better than in recent weeks.

Ireland - 7 - Even though he had a bunch of wallys running around randomly infront of him, he was still the most likely source of a goal.

Tevez - 4 - Onto my favourite 3 of the night. Touch of a rapist.

Adebayor - 3 - Simply abysmal, in every area of the game of football.

Robinho - 2 - Ive never seen someone so brilliant at football be so useless to his team.

Subs

Santa - 6 - Tried, bless him, and was his best PL showing to date.

Petrov - 6 - Considering we are trying to play 4-4-2, i think, why does our only winger sit on the bench?
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Geo123 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:29 pm

Grob wrote:Given - 6 - Cant really fault him

Richards - 7 - Impressed me.

Toure - 6 - Is going backwards

Onuoha - 6 - For his first game back, he did well.

Sylvinho - 5 - Poor fella was raped by Lennon for the first. And no, hes not better than Wayne Bridge just to clear that up.

De Jong - 5 - Can dominate Essien but not Palacios and Huddleston. Not quite the player some make him out to be.

Barry - 6 - Give him his due, he tried to sort things out, better than in recent weeks.

Ireland - 7 - Even though he had a bunch of wallys running around randomly infront of him, he was still the most likely source of a goal.

Tevez - 4 - Onto my favourite 3 of the night. Touch of a rapist.

Adebayor - 3 - Simply abysmal, in every area of the game of football.

Robinho - 2 - Ive never seen someone so brilliant at football be so useless to his team.

Subs

Santa - 6 - Tried, bless him, and was his best PL showing to date.

Petrov - 6 - Considering we are trying to play 4-4-2, i think, why does our only winger sit on the bench?

Spot on with every rating mate,, maybe 5 from tevez, he does have to play next to Adebayor
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Richard » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Given - 6

Richards - 6
Onohua - 5
Toure - 4
Sylvinho - 4

Ireland -6
Barry - 5
De Jong - 6
Robinho - 2
Tevez- 5

Adeabayor - 2
Richard
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Kyle » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:34 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:GIVEN 5 - Did nothing wrong, did nothing right. A pretty anonymous performance

RICHARDS 6 - Played quite well to be honest. Didn't get beaten down the left very much but probably cos the ball was always on the right.

TOURE 4 - Cannot deal with height or pace or strength. This guy is bringing nothing to the defence in the last couple of months and the defending for the second was awful.

NEDUM 5 - Some nice tackling in the second half but was giving far too much time to both Crouch and Defoe.

SYLVINHO 3 - Old and looked it. Lennon isn't that good a player, he just kicks it and runs. The way he sold himself short and rugby tackled was schoolboy defending.

BARRY 4 - What is he bringing to the team at the moment apart from gifting the opposition posession and goals. I thought he'd be our best signing of the window. How wrong.

DE JONG 6 - Show spirit and good tackling and was trying to force the issue but everytime De Jong plays the opposition midfield have the freedom of the centre circle. Far too many times he followed the ball and was out wide leaving Huddlestone to do as he wished in the middle.

IRELAND 5 - Suppose to be on the right side, ended up inside right and in the middle, gave no width, tried some throughballs but everyone was snuffed out. Not his usual self as he didn't do much tackling. If he wasn't there for the first goal Given would have collected it safely :-(

ROBINHO 3 - Didn't touch the ball more than 4 times in the entire match. This guy just does not turn up for away games.

TEVEZ 6 - Bright start and he sets the tempo for the team. Was good for 30mins and then disappeared as 3 men marked him out of the rest of the game.

ADEBAYOR 3 - Utterley WANK. Even RSC and Petrov were having a go at him towards the end!

SANTA CRUZ 6 - Looked like he was sort of fit tonight and did more in his 30mins than Adebayor has done in the last 3 matches.

PETROV 5 - Always dangerous with his direct style. We needed his width from the start and in retrospective should have started him instead of Robinwho.

FORMATION 1 - My god we play with no formation at all. Players just run aimlessly around the pitch leaving massive holes to be exposed. We need a system and formation and force our players to stick to their zonal positions. Its like watching 10 year olds playing footy at school dinner time.

The brutality of this post, while staying truthful was very refreshing to read. I would give the exact same ratings except for De Jong and Richards. I thought both were great today, I saw Huddlestone's shooting from afar as a sucess (kept them occupied and out of our box). I thought Richards played really well tonight, he is really turning around his preformances from the beginging of the season. I would give both of them a 7, everyone else your spot on imo.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:38 pm

Given 6 - Couldn't do anything about the goals

Richards 7 - One of our best players tonight
Toure 5 - Ran raged by Defoe
Onuoha 6 - Did alright with Crouch
Sylvinho 5 - Got raped by Lenon down the wing but had no support from Robinho either

Ireland 5 - Worst I've seen him for a while, was a bit better when RSC came on
de Jong 6 - Did okay and won the ball with some great tackles
Barry 5 Didn't look inventive at all and was partly at fault for the third goal

Tevez - 7 Like Richards, one of our best players tonight
Adebayor 4 - Worst i've seen him in a City shirt, time for RSC to get a chance
Robinho 5 - Got no support from Ade and constantly had 3 players around him

RSC 6 - Did more in 20 minutes than what Ade did all game, defo his best game for us so far and should start against Sunderland as a result.
Petrov 5 - Corluka kept him quiet and he couldn't make an impact
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby ashton287 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:39 pm

A FUCKING 0 EVERY PLAYER 0 NOT A SINGLE ONE DESERVED TO BE ON THE PITCH AND A -984 FOR HUGHES THE TEAM HE PUT OUT MADE NO SENSE AND THE SUBS MADE NO SENSE IT WAS ALL RIDICULOUS
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:49 pm

I'll give:

Given: 6 - did ok when neeeded

Richards - 7 Another decent performance. Good to see him back

Ned 6 - solid performance

Sylvinho 4 - dived in for their first goal, was terribly exposed due to our poor setup and tactics but not his fault

Tevez 5 - hurried and was busy up front.

RSC 7 - put himself about, and tried to get us playing again

Adebayor 0! - pathetic display. Dont know why he bothered turning up if he couldnt be arsed. Utterly fucking useless.

Every other player 1 - total shite! Couldnt control the ball, sloppy passing, caught in possession, no communication, no spirit, no fight, no heart.

Hughes - 0 Got to blame the manager for such a poor display. Awful tactics, substitutions and formation which gave the spurs midfield the run of the game and far too much space to play in. Also left Their most dangerous outlet, Lennon, with all the space in the world.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Fish111 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Given - 5 - Not at fault for any goals really.

Richards - 5 - Given an easy time tonight because they knw Sylvinho was the easier touch on the other side, lucky boy.

Toure - 5 - Fuckin awful.

Onuoha - 5 - Didn't read the game well at all tonight, never challenged Crouch and gave far too much respect to Defoe.

Sylvinho - 0 - Destroyed by a dwarf, embarrassing.

De Jong - 6 - Totally exposed in the middle of the field by Hughes lack of formation, no help for him whatsoever.

Barry - 3 - Wanders around aimlessly, gives possession away far too often, definately going backwards.

Ireland - 5 - Ineffective of late and no glimpses of what we all know he is capable of.

Tevez - 6 - God loves a tryer.

Adebayor - 0 - Simply shite tonight, where has his early season form gone?

Robinho - 0 - Pointless player, brings fuck all to the table.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Given - 5 - Lump, lump, lump... fucking hell.
Richards - 7 - Did well on the right, helped thou by the fact Krancjer plays inside a lot.
Toure - 5 - Very average.
Onuoha - 6 - Solid from Ned put in some great tackles to save our bacon on a few occasions.
Sylvinho - 4 - Ah his lack of pace was clearly shown up by Lennon. Showed his guile at times to stop a couple of attacks but was beaten seemingly everytime one on one.
Ireland - 5 - Struggled a lot for me, I think he didnt know where he was playing to be honest.
De Jong - 6 - Some great slide tackles and fought hard in a losing cause.
Barry - 4 - Fucking hell he is shit at the moment. His control is utter arse.
Tevez - 6 - Worked hard, albeit in patches. Holds onto the ball far too much sometimes, takes on some wayward shots aswell. Frustrating.
Robinho - 3 - Occasional track back. Couple of touches. Other than that really really really quiet.
Adebayor - 4 - Hmmmmmm... Maybe he needs Van Persie to stomp on his head or something to wake him up? Can't hit a barn door at the moment.

RSC - 6 - Best ive seen. Some real hunger and fight. Pity it was too late.
Petrov - 5 - Decent free kick, gave us some width.

MH - 2 - Ahhh Mark your time is running out...
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Blue Toy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:58 pm

1 - 11

[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby paulmclaren » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 pm

GIVEN-5 - A goalkeeping performance, could do nothing with the goals

RICHARDS-7-he was our best player tonight.

TOURE 4 - must agree, this guy is one overatted defender, 14 million haha.

NEDUM 5 - In from the cold, needs practice.

SYLVINHO 3 - simply could not handle Lennons pace and sharpness.

BARRY-6-shit start, made amens imo,better then what people think he is.

DE JONG 6 - Just got back from swine flu, still the best midfielder we have.

IRELAND-6-looked livelier later on in the game, odd nice touches.

ROBINHO 3 - I've said everything anyone needs to know about robinho in other posts, one word,shite.

TEVEZ-7-someone gave him a 3???
By far our most composed player upfront,s stifled out in later stages.

ADEBAYOR 3 - possibly the most gormless footballer ever, so lackadaisical is is unbelievable.

SANTA CRUZ5-got more involved then what he usually does, still not a good signing imo.
His record speaks volumes, 18 million, what a mug Hughes is.

PETROV-5-again, not at the races, doesn't like getting dirty.

FORMATION-5-good formation, bad personnel.

Hughes-5-seriously this guys days are numbered now.
Not good enough.
He will get to the end of the season.
If we don't win the carling cup, he's outta there.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:08 pm

again i will say this. man for man (with the exception of sylvinio who is not even really worthy of a stand in place) we have a better team than tottenham , maybe defoe is better than adebayor but they are differnet players. otherwise , in my opinion we are far better like i have said time after time this season.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Rae4685 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:08 pm

given - 5 not his usual commanding self and didnt talk as much either
richards - 7 cant fault someone whos literaly covering the whole of the right side by himself
sylvinho - 2 after the first 2 times he was skinned hughes should of put tevez on the left to help him out but still sold himself
Onouha - 5 nothing massively wrong but cant remember anything positive either needs games!
Toure - 4 2nd goal? WTF!!! poor game of many this season already and as for a captain im embarrassed he leads our "title challenging" team Yeah right!
Ireland - 6 Most likely to produce something but in truth only really looked like that once they were 2 up and it got desperate
de jong - 5 Some good challnges and at least he puts it about but not his usual standard
Barry - 4 Not as bad as people are making out but he really needs to take a long look in the mirror if he wants to win things!
Robinho - 2 Poor poor poor poor made himself look a mug with his performance after his pre match interview
Tevez - 7 Tracked back never stopped and when your team mates are all lacking in that department you shouldnt be faulted marked out of the game later on
Ade - 1 Arsenal fans will be saying i told you so right now! Effort is only there when hes had a pre match tug or summat soooooo inconsistent!

Petrov - 5 carried a threat which is more than the majority
Santa Cruz - 6 put the effort in ran his socks off for 30 minutes and after saying i dont rate him for weeks would now like him to start aganst sunderland

Hughes - 0 tactis were attrocious motivation non existent plan b should of been plan A whats his problem with Petrov????? Get over it hes our only left winger you TWAT!!!
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby edge275 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:54 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:Given 6 - Couldn't do anything about the goals

Richards 7 - One of our best players tonight
Toure 5 - Ran raged by Defoe
Onuoha 6 - Did alright with Crouch
Sylvinho 5 - Got raped by Lenon down the wing but had no support from Robinho either

Ireland 5 - Worst I've seen him for a while, was a bit better when RSC came on
de Jong 6 - Did okay and won the ball with some great tackles
Barry 5 Didn't look inventive at all and was partly at fault for the third goal

Tevez - 7 Like Richards, one of our best players tonight
Adebayor 4 - Worst i've seen him in a City shirt, time for RSC to get a chance
Robinho 5 - Got no support from Ade and constantly had 3 players around him

RSC 6 - Did more in 20 minutes than what Ade did all game, defo his best game for us so far and should start against Sunderland as a result.
Petrov 5 - Corluka kept him quiet and he couldn't make an impact

Agree with all these ratings entirely.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby miss-mancity » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:12 am

Given - 6

Richards - 6
Onohua - 6
Toure - 4
Sylvinho - 4 wrong man to the job :-(.

Ireland -6
Barry - 5
De Jong - 6
Robinho - 4

Tevez- 6
Adeabayor - 4
---------------
RSC - 4
Petrov - 4

MH - a big 0
[center]Image

Sorry but I'm extremely dyslexic
in writing, but not in reading.

Wont to move, to Manchester come new year..:-).
Is in London stil.. :-/.
[/center]
miss-mancity
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City. Barca. Stabæk

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:46 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:GIVEN 5 - Did nothing wrong, did nothing right. A pretty anonymous performance

I agree with all of them. Especially tactics part. I was scratching my head from the start having no idea what our system was. Lads running around like headless chickens.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Vhero » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:42 am

Wow a lot of people on here have serious issues with Robinho. I didn't think he was great last night but he was the closest to scoring all night and that says fucking something and that lovely ball he did in the second half proves he still got it. Some harsh ratings for the guy on here. The fact is he was let down by the rest of the team and to be fair their defence was on form last night. Why the fuck we ever sold Corluka I will ever know we should never of let him go. I don't give a flying fuck if he wanted to go it's come back to bite us on the arse too many times in the last 2 seasons.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:28 am

Vhero wrote:Wow a lot of people on here have serious issues with Robinho. I didn't think he was great last night but he was the closest to scoring all night and that says fucking something and that lovely ball he did in the second half proves he still got it. Some harsh ratings for the guy on here. The fact is he was let down by the rest of the team and to be fair their defence was on form last night. Why the fuck we ever sold Corluka I will ever know we should never of let him go. I don't give a flying fuck if he wanted to go it's come back to bite us on the arse too many times in the last 2 seasons.

I agree with you about Robson.
Becoming to many peoples scapegoat on here.
It looked to me that everytime we managed to get the ball to him which wasn't often enough he managed to find a blue shirt to pass it too, whilst occupying a couple of their defenders.His passing was nowhere as wayward as Stevie on the other side and he was in our own half plenty of times trying to close down spuds players.His rating should be same as the others.
The fact that Sylvinho was shown up and could get nowhere near Lennon was down to the fact Spuds seemed to load up on that side with Corluka(who despite his defending weaknesses can play a decent ball and pass) and Huddlestone along with Lennon and Palacios.
Rag_hater

Postby Geo123 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:36 am

Rag_hater wrote:
Vhero wrote:Wow a lot of people on here have serious issues with Robinho. I didn't think he was great last night but he was the closest to scoring all night and that says fucking something and that lovely ball he did in the second half proves he still got it. Some harsh ratings for the guy on here. The fact is he was let down by the rest of the team and to be fair their defence was on form last night. Why the fuck we ever sold Corluka I will ever know we should never of let him go. I don't give a flying fuck if he wanted to go it's come back to bite us on the arse too many times in the last 2 seasons.

I agree with you about Robson.
Becoming to many peoples scapegoat on here.
It looked to me that everytime we managed to get the ball to him which wasn't often enough he managed to find a blue shirt to pass it too, whilst occupying a couple of their defenders.His passing was nowhere as wayward as Stevie on the other side and he was in our own half plenty of times trying to close down spuds players.His rating should be same as the others.
The fact that Sylvinho was shown up and could get nowhere near Lennon was down to the fact Spuds seemed to load up on that side with Corluka(who despite his defending weaknesses can play a decent ball and pass) and Huddlestone along with Lennon and Palacios.

I also though most of the time we passed the ball to him ade and Tevez were practically marking him, giving him no options ahead of him, neither of them played like a striker last night
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum