Which managers should be fired in the prem? Excluding Hughes

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Which managers should be fired in the prem? Excluding Hughes

Postby Patrick » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:52 pm

The debate about our managers suitability for a sacking may have reached new heights over the last 18 months but it has been a pretty consistent rumble over the last few decades - but I guess thats pretty much standard fare for your prem league football fan

But this is an odd year - quite a few clubs are underperforming and most teams have fallen to the sword of the lower clubs at some point during the season - so trying to remove your city hat for the moment who do you think should be fired

Obviously the fat spanish waiter has to head the list - but zola? Moyes? should they have got the boot by now?

If we can ignore the hughes debate it would be appreciated
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Re: Which managers should be fired in the prem? Excluding Hughes

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:01 pm

Taggart should be set on fire
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:11 pm

Its a tough one mate because a lot of factors come into the equation that may not neccessarily have been there before...

fat waiter - should Liverpool sack him NOW? No way - they are financially fucked and any new guy coming in would have to use the players he fucked up in buying. I believe any other manager using his players with a different system would make things worse. So, while I believe they should have gotten rid before last season, its too late unless they get a LOT of new investment in the club - a sugar daddy like those lucky lucky bastards over at Man City.

Zola -again, a tough one given the financial goings on at West ham. Sure they've underperformed and its looking a bit precarious with every passing week, but I really don't know what better options are available to drag them out of the mire if there's no money.

Moyes? Of course not and it won't happen. Its like a pattern at this stage - two great seasons, one shit and that should be enough for a club that never really spends big.

Although all clubs differ in size and expectation, its all about what better options are out there and/or what money the club has. If you DEFINITELY have one these ingredients, you can hold off on the other to a certain degree IMO.

Liverpool have a good manager. Maybe not good enough to win the league, but by the time they realised this he had spent all their money and he will do better with them than anyone else at this moment in time.

West ham seem to be in real shit and its ahrd to know for sure what the right thing is to do, but I'd stick with Zola because I don't think there is anyone that will come in a drag them up the table.

Everton won't sack Moyes, nor should they. They are what they are and he's the captain of a ship with a hole in it. every so often they sink, but he buoys them sufficiently so that they'll never actually sink.

To be honest, I never really advocate the sacking of a manager unless I think his style drags the game back to the dark ages, so the sooner Fat Sam gets the boot, the better English football will be for it IMO. That doesn't mean he deserves it, it just means that I take entertainment value to be the number one reason I follow football and the more entertaining and flowing, the happier bunny I am.

And its my birthday, so I should get what I want ;)
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:11 pm

We can avoid it unless you are going to point out their records being poorer than Hughes at times of their careers in kind of a john68 "hahah you dumb fuckers way".
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Socrates » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Original Dub wrote:Its a tough one mate because a lot of factors come into the equation that may not neccessarily have been there before...

fat waiter - should Liverpool sack him NOW? No way - they are financially fucked and any new guy coming in would have to use the players he fucked up in buying. I believe any other manager using his players with a different system would make things worse. So, while I believe they should have gotten rid before last season, its too late unless they get a LOT of new investment in the club - a sugar daddy like those lucky lucky bastards over at Man City.

Zola -again, a tough one given the financial goings on at West ham. Sure they've underperformed and its looking a bit precarious with every passing week, but I really don't know what better options are available to drag them out of the mire if there's no money.

Moyes? Of course not and it won't happen. Its like a pattern at this stage - two great seasons, one shit and that should be enough for a club that never really spends big.

Although all clubs differ in size and expectation, its all about what better options are out there and/or what money the club has. If you DEFINITELY have one these ingredients, you can hold off on the other to a certain degree IMO.

Liverpool have a good manager. Maybe not good enough to win the league, but by the time they realised this he had spent all their money and he will do better with them than anyone else at this moment in time.

West ham seem to be in real shit and its ahrd to know for sure what the right thing is to do, but I'd stick with Zola because I don't think there is anyone that will come in a drag them up the table.

Everton won't sack Moyes, nor should they. They are what they are and he's the captain of a ship with a hole in it. every so often they sink, but he buoys them sufficiently so that they'll never actually sink.

To be honest, I never really advocate the sacking of a manager unless I think his style drags the game back to the dark ages, so the sooner Fat Sam gets the boot, the better English football will be for it IMO. That doesn't mean he deserves it, it just means that I take entertainment value to be the number one reason I follow football and the more entertaining and flowing, the happier bunny I am.

But Fat Sam has got Blackburn to a Cup semi and once got Bolton to a final. Makes him slightly more successful than some managers of much bigger clubs with far more money to spend...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Its a tough one mate because a lot of factors come into the equation that may not neccessarily have been there before...

But Fat Sam has got Blackburn to a Cup semi and once got Bolton to a final. Makes him slightly more successful than some managers of much bigger clubs with far more money to spend...

Firstly Socs, it would have been nice if you'd contributed to the thread, because I think it's a good topic.

Secondly, if you read what I said, you'd see that the reason I'd want Fat Sam gone is because I hold entertainment as the main ingredient as to why I follow football. IMO, he brings down the quality of football in England.

Some managers of much bigger clubs with far more money play far better football and are far more entertaining... as are some managers of much smaller clubs with far less money.

It may not be for you - it certainly isn't for some - but I watch football first and foremost for entertainment. Winning is fantastic and a huge bonus to me, but being entertained and being given value for my money is what I want most. I believe we can have both.

But never ever with the likes of Sam Alderdyce.

I hoped this helped you to overcome whatever it is that you felt when you read my post and in turn helps you to give your feelings on the OP.

Thank you for your time.
Original Dub

Postby Fish111 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:43 pm

No manager should be fired but some are obviously treading on thin ice through their own fuck-ups & ability: Benitez, Megson & Zola spring to mind.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Burt » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Fish111 wrote:No manager should be fired but some are obviously treading on thin ice through their own fuck-ups & ability: Benitez, Megson & Zola spring to mind.

I disagree mate.

Taggart should be sacked cos he's a cunt.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dazlebluefrog » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

for me the next to go will be Megson horrible football ,he's taking bolton down if he stays
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:12 pm

I'd sack Whinger cos he has won fuck all for years,
Benitez cos he is useless,
Moyes cos he sold players for a fortune and done fuckall really but provide stability and I dont like him.
And Taggart cos he is a cunt and I'm in two minds about O'Niel.He is treading a fine line for me.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby irblinx » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:41 pm

After last night McCarthy!

Other than that Megson and Phil Brown
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Goataldo » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:28 pm

Fergiescum should be fired. Into the heart of the sun.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby dazby » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:46 am

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Firstly Socs, it would have been nice if you'd contributed to the thread, because I think it's a good topic.

Secondly, if you read what I said, you'd see that the reason I'd want Fat Sam gone is because I hold entertainment as the main ingredient as to why I follow football. IMO, he brings down the quality of football in England.

Some managers of much bigger clubs with far more money play far better football and are far more entertaining... as are some managers of much smaller clubs with far less money.

It may not be for you - it certainly isn't for some - but I watch football first and foremost for entertainment. Winning is fantastic and a huge bonus to me, but being entertained and being given value for my money is what I want most. I believe we can have both.

But never ever with the likes of Sam Alderdyce.

I hoped this helped you to overcome whatever it is that you felt when you read my post and in turn helps you to give your feelings on the OP.

Thank you for your time.

oh look, is that a tumbleweed?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Return to The Maine Football forum