£500 Million to be spent on new young talent!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

£500 Million to be spent on new young talent!!

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:48 pm

Outrageous amount of money. This article is from the Mirror of course but it does make you think. 5oo million to be spent on young talent hey. They will probably be looking at any young age so for example. Bojan, Pato, That Gourcouff. They are excellent young players that are the future of football. And also 14 year olds and so on. I cant see them spending 500 Million though.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ma ... 55033.html

"Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour is to bank-roll an astonishing £500million spending spree to secure the services of the world’s most talented young footballers.

City’s global scouts have been instructed to compile a list of the best available players and provide a detailed breakdown of the financial outlay needed to bring them to England.

It is a clear sign that City’s Abu Dhabi-based backers are looking to invest in the long-term success of the club.

One of the players who is already on City’s radar is Athletic Bilbao’s 16-year-old forward Iker Muniain, who has been hailed as the biggest talent to emerge in Spanish football for years.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are already casting envious eyes over the youngster, who was recently watched by no fewer than 17 scouts from Europe’s top clubs.

Muniain signed a six-year contract with Bilbao on December 1 and is already being valued at about £30m.

But that won’t deter City from securing first rights on the youngster as they look to build the foundations for the future of the club.

City have no fewer than eight scouts covering South American football alone at present and twice as many in Europe as they look to assemble an elite squad of players to compete at the highest level for years to come. One club insider said: “While City will maintain investment in the first-team squad, the priority is to secure the best young talent available.

“It is further evidence that the owner is in this for the long term and looking to build a squad of players that are capable of bringing success to City for many years to come.

“Money is no object and the funding put in place will ensure few club’s are able to resist City’s immense spending power in the market.”

Meanwhile, Mark Hughes’ position at the club is still subject to speculation as City look to secure the keys to Champions League football.

As yet there have been no moves to seek out a replacement, but it has been made clear to the manager that failure to secure a top four finish in the Premier League this season will bring his tenure to an end.

If Hughes does it, though, he is likely to get a new deal."
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: £500 Million to be spent on new young talent!!

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:As yet there have been no moves to seek out a replacement, but it has been made clear to the manager that failure to secure a top four finish in the Premier League this season will bring his tenure to an end.

This part alone tells me it's fabricated.

However, the 500 million on youngsters may have some truth ringing to it. If the 6+5 rule comes in, the value of youngsters will surely skyrocket due to their potential value to a club in comparison to mature players.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:59 pm

Usual bollocks from the Mirror then.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:15 pm

Probably complete fabrication, but it would be nice if it were true !!
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Redna » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:06 pm

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who in the land is fairest of all?"
You, my soggy newspaper, are fairest of all."
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Chinners » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:08 pm

I rarely use 'Mirror' stories lately. They are getting on par with Tribal football. Bollox is one thing, making stuff up is just a waste of everyones time
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Vhero » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:00 pm

500 million?? Fuck me that would get us like 50+ players at least! Youngsters don't really go for over 5 millions these days unless they are extremely talented at under 18.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ScapeGoat » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:09 pm

Vhero wrote:...unless they are extremely talented at under 18.

and those are the only ones we want, but yes 500 million is probably bs.

I don't think there needs to be a budget at all, they will look at each player individually if he's good enough then pay whatever
ScapeGoat
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Kyle » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:53 pm

When I read this article first I assumed that they got 500 million from us building acadamies all around the world. 500 mil on only players would make us have a very very large youth team! This figure probably has to do with building the acadamies, paying coaches/scouts, and the actual players themselves. Either that, or the journalists from the mirror are conducting an experiment on citizens reaction to articles written while under the influence of crystal meth.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby ashton287 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:47 am

GOURCOUFF is fucking awesome though but i reckon the 500 mill is definately more to do with the global investment over a few years
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:06 am

Perhaps we are going to have our own youth league? Man City Africa Zone 2 vs Man City Junior Samba XI should be a good game...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby john@staustell » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:18 am

I heard he's gonna give them all 80 grand watches................
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum