(not very but slightly)Interesting Refereeing Fact

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

(not very but slightly)Interesting Refereeing Fact

Postby Fish111 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:07 pm

Kris Kamara has just stated on Goals on Sunday that referees are docked points for not issuing yellow & red cards when they should do during a match by the assessor in the stand and the total amount of points they accumulate over the course of a season equates to a monetary value docked from their end of season bonus!
They are not docked points (MONEY) for issuing incorrect cards by the way.
So the fact is referees are issuing stupid cards for the slightest thing because they are worried they will lose money.
What a fuckin ridiculous situation that is and needs changing immediately to at least them being docked money for issuing incorrect cards as well. Personally i would just scrap any financial benefits just for doing your job correctly.

Thread title changed for 9secondlegend ;-)
Last edited by Fish111 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Re: Interesting Refereeing Fact

Postby mr_nool » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:11 pm

That's a horrible system. I much prefer a ref that is able to keep a game in control by taking to the players, and setting a high and consistent standard to a card waiving idiot like yesterday's ref.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby john68 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:04 pm

I disagree Fish...as a society we should give extra cash to referees...the deaf, dumb, blind and stupid bastards...not to mention bent, obviously have a difficult life.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:10 pm

mr_nool wrote:That's a horrible system. I much prefer a ref that is able to keep a game in control by taking to the players, and setting a high and consistent standard to a card waiving idiot like yesterday's ref.

Although I agree with you to an extent, the fact that England is consistently near the top of the Fair Play League shows that something must be being done right in this system.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Dameerto » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:40 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
mr_nool wrote:That's a horrible system. I much prefer a ref that is able to keep a game in control by taking to the players, and setting a high and consistent standard to a card waiving idiot like yesterday's ref.

Although I agree with you to an extent, the fact that England is consistently near the top of the Fair Play League shows that something must be being done right in this system.

That's down to the teams, not the referees.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:10 pm

fish... I don't know what was said today but kamara said he droppped a bollock yesterday afternoon. He may have been right withe the first one, but the trip he shouldn't have been booked.

Finall, other than sponsorships, I imagine the biggest revenue maker for the FA is bookings... Regardless of level of football (?!)
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:09 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:

England's regular high position in the European Fair Play League does not relate in any way to games refereed by English officials. Only games regulated by UEFA count for that, including competitive England internationals from senior down to junior representative levels. All these games, by definition, will be refereed by non-English officials outside the FA's pay.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:20 pm

Socrates wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

England's regular high position in the European Fair Play League does not relate in any way to games refereed by English officials. Only games regulated by UEFA count for that, including competitive England internationals from senior down to junior representative levels. All these games, by definition, will be refereed by non-English officials outside the FA's pay.

So why was everyone bricking it when Dunne got sent off on the last day of the season a few years back? Or is the league of countries arranged independently of the national leagues?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby ant london » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:25 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
So why was everyone bricking it when Dunne got sent off on the last day of the season a few years back? Or is the league of countries arranged independently of the national leagues?

something like that.

the actual domestic classification is arranged via games in england

but which country gets the UEFA fair play spot etc is determined in UEFA competitions

So in the case you cite, England were already in pole position to get the extra UEFA spot....and Dunne's red card affected City's standing in our own domestic fair play table
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:28 pm

ant london wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

something like that.

the actual domestic classification is arranged via games in england

but which country gets the UEFA fair play spot etc is determined in UEFA competitions

So in the case you cite, England were already in pole position to get the extra UEFA spot....and Dunne's red card affected City's standing in our own domestic fair play table

Correct. Also worth mentioning that red and yellow cards only make up 28.57% of the fair play points as well.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby ant london » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:33 pm

yeah are strange things like how the referee rates the team and coaching staff in his report not included in the factors that make up the total fair play rating?

(or did i make that up???)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:43 pm

ant london wrote:yeah are strange things like how the referee rates the team and coaching staff in his report not included in the factors that make up the total fair play rating?

(or did i make that up???)

Almost. A UEFA adjudicator sitting in the stands gives points for respect shown to opponents and officials, behaviour of the coaching staff and, also, for "positive style of play" - the latter being a major part of the reason why we qualified when KK as manager!
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby 9secondlegend » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:33 pm

false advertising on the title of this thread

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

;0)
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:09 am

9secondlegend wrote:false advertising on the title of this thread

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

;0)

True, it should have said, "absolutely shocking fact about refs in this country, please write to your MP!"
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby 9secondlegend » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Socrates wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:false advertising on the title of this thread

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

;0)

True, it should have said, "absolutely shocking fact about refs in this country, please write to your MP!"

hehe
i was in a pissed sarcastic mood last night!
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Return to The Maine Football forum