Essential Jan Purchases (Please Read Leslie)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Essential Jan Purchases (Please Read Leslie)

Postby ronk » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Nick wrote:Ahh someone talks sense :-).. I seem to have double posted.

Re: Toure, I've personally not seen him really have a game, again for some away games I just go off match reports on here. And tbh some people know fuck all about football. A guy i was speaking to on friday thought SWP was shite against arsenal in the cup (!!!!) and that we should drop him for the weekend. He also said that lescott is wank and should be fucked off immediatly. Lescott had looked excellent recently, from the match thread it just sounds like he was worse than shit today. How can we go from battling clean sheets against chelsea to letting 3 in against the worst team in the league?!?!? COME BACK NIGEL!!!!

Re: the guys having a go in the other thread. Today still proves that we dont have the squad we want. SWP and De Jong get injured and we were fucked.

I gather you don't actually watch much football but I would hope that you could at least read the scores before ranting about players and telling people who did see the match that you're right and they're wrong about who had a good game.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:10 pm

To be fair Chelsea didnt score against us. Given made 3 excellent saves then it goes in off Ade.

If the theory is that we only turn up against big teams/ big games. We should hammer spurs. But im not confident . . . Someone tell the lads that wednesday is a MASSIVE game and that spurs are a bigger team that scousered at the moment.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ronk » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:46 pm

Nick wrote:To be fair Chelsea didnt score against us. Given made 3 excellent saves then it goes in off Ade.

Thanks, I had missed that. When did they stop counting them? Must have missed that too.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john@staustell » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:30 am

Madness. Clearly the most needed players are left back and right back. Their mulitiple failings expose the CBs too much.

Les identified that we needed John Terry, didn't you notice in the summer, but couldn't quite get him? Nothing has really changed that need, except that Terry seems to spend a lot of time on his arse letting in goals at the moment.

We have plenty of forwards.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:40 am

Nick wrote:From the sounds of things i'd say we need two definite purchases:

...it sounded like he didnt give a shit today or at Anfield...

I honestly dont think MH will be thinking on these lines

from the sounds of it you give Alan Green too much credit.
On the other hand as someone else said you should credit Hughes with going for JT and of course Samuel (meets your description for a striker?)
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:16 am

There's a number of people on here who think buying a RB and LB will improve us immediately.No time for gelling if we get somebody the quality of lets say Maicon.
Yet the defence is shit on the other hand because they have not "gelled"
So gelling is not requirred for quality but is needed for the shit we have.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:38 am

what i want to know is why do we play out of our skins against the big teams but aweful against the lower slugger teams, and its not just this season it has been happening for decades, even in the bell summerbee lee era we did exactly the same!!!!!!!!!!!

i just dont get it at all, is it a curse is it a mental block or arrogance i wish i knew????????????????????????????????
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 pm

dick dastardley wrote:what i want to know is why do we play out of our skins against the big teams but aweful against the lower slugger teams, and its not just this season it has been happening for decades, even in the bell summerbee lee era we did exactly the same!!!!!!!!!!!

i just dont get it at all, is it a curse is it a mental block or arrogance i wish i knew????????????????????????????????

I look at it like this. The teams that aren't as talented have to make themselves effective in a different way. A more negative, spoiling way. And at times it works. It always has been and will always be the best option for the team with less ability. It might be nice to see certain people giving the opposition some credit from time to time instead of focussing only on their own team. After all, we used to like it when we did it to some of the great teams in the last twenty years or so.

January purchases? I don't think we need much, but I'd like another creative midfielder and someone really, really David White-like fast up front. And fuck it, I'd buy whoever Everton are after.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:19 pm

Rag_hater wrote:There's a number of people on here who think buying a RB and LB will improve us immediately.No time for gelling if we get somebody the quality of lets say Maicon.
Yet the defence is shit on the other hand because they have not "gelled"
So gelling is not requirred for quality but is needed for the shit we have.

You keep saying that "taking time to gel doesn't wash with me".

Its a fact that everytime a large amount of players are bought in one go that will will take time to gel together and improve their league position. Especially as big a leap as we are hoping to make.

I've mentioned it in another thread, but look how much money and new players Real have thrown together. There's a strong chance they won't make any progress in the league this season.

In fact, they have done this before and while they did have success, throwing all those players together in one go doesn not guarantee INSTANT success.
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum