Perspective

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Perspective

Postby Redna » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:47 pm

Are we safe yet? ;)
Enjoy life!
As the game evolved I think the draw today was a point gained rather then 2 wasted. In a perfect world we should/could have had 45 points but life is life.
Enjoy your health and look forward and upwards. We've got the sheikh and without him we would properbly be Notlob in sky blue.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:55 pm

Original Dub wrote:Bunch of miserable cunts.

Really and truely I can't understand why some of you carry on so ridiculously spoilt.

Always pointing out that we won't finish in the top four if we can't beat Bolton/other shitty teams. Who cares if the points we pick up are against the harder sides. We didn't beat Bolton but we fucking beat Chelsea. 4 points from those games and whether or not some of you want to discount our game in hand, tough shit - it is a fact that we have played a game less and it is a fact that we are a point off fourth.

Its fucking pathetic that you harp on and on and on about an individual disappointment and try to make out that our season is in decline. Do you learn nothing as this season goes along, no? Absolutely fucking nothing.

Now Chelsea have drawn at home today (worse result than ours), U***d have lost AGAIN (worse result than ours). Spurs have lost at home (worse result than ours).

But these three teams have also had some very good performances, just like we fucking have. And that's why we are ALL still in the mix.

Like it says in the title, grow a fucking pair and get some fucking PERSPECTIVE. You are City fans, stop whinging like you're used to fucking winning everything and this season is a disappointment.

For FUCK SAKE.

100% this. I know that we could and should have won more of our games, but how many teams can say that they really are very close to not just getting it right and actualy are in a position where with one or two changes and some luck we just might push the leading pack alot sooner than any one really could of hoped for.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beeks » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Original Dub wrote:You are City fans, stop whinging like you're used to fucking winning everything and this season is a disappointment.

This
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby saulman » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:10 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Original Dub wrote:You are City fans, stop whinging like you're used to fucking winning everything and this season is a disappointment.

This

That.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:12 pm

CityGer wrote:The number of systems and 'perspectives' used to make our form look better than it is increases by the week.

I laugh at the fact that poor results for our rivals are used as justification for our shit league results over the last two months. It makes it fucking worse in my eyes. Had we not surrendered leads to Fulham, Burnley and Hull and had we managed to defend to lower Premiership standard today, we would be 8 points better off and in a good position. We didn't and are a lot worse off than we could/should have been.

He needs to sort the defence out. He hasn't improved it one bit, despite £50 Mil spent, and that is not acceptable.

Exactly. What better fuclin year would we have had to mount a major effort to win the league? I know people will harp that it's too soon and we're just getting settled, but fuck me...i think this side is probably one of the best in the league if not the best in terms of talent -- Chelsea is more stacked than we are, but no one else can't be discussed in the same breath as our talent. Plain and simple. What's wrong with expecting results from that talent?

if my CEO gave me a huge wedge to hire loads of kickass resources with which to mount a serious challenge to destroy all my competitors and one year later i was floundering around losing sales deals to minnows and fucking up projects left and right because i didnt have the right talent or the right structure...i know what they would tell me. And, no, me blaming it on the economy shouldn't save my job in that situation.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CityGer » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:13 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

This

exposes ianthebigotshaircut's inability to debate with people who don't agree with him.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Redna wrote:Are we safe yet? ;)
Enjoy life!
As the game evolved I think the draw today was a point gained rather then 2 wasted. In a perfect world we should/could have had 45 points but life is life.
Enjoy your health and look forward and upwards. We've got the sheikh and without him we would properbly be Notlob in sky blue.
CTID!!

this is the kind of attitude that will drive world-class players right out the door and into the arms of clubs with ambition and expectations...guaranfuclinteed.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Beeks » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:45 pm

CityGer wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

This

exposes ianthebigotshaircut's inability to debate with people who don't agree with him.

Exposes Huns inability not to have a pop at every post I make based solely on the fact I follow the better team in Glasgow

*rolls eyes*
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:50 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Redna wrote:Are we safe yet? ;)
Enjoy life!
CTID!!

this is the kind of attitude that will drive world-class players right out the door and into the arms of clubs with ambition and expectations...guaranfuclinteed.

cheers

I agree, its all about ambition and never being happy with dropped points. Have you seen how pissed off the rags and chelsea get when they lose ONE game. This is exactly why I think we shouldnt merely 'tread water' in jan and we should make 1 or 2 quality purchases. There is the other side of the debate, that players need game time to gel, and whoever we buy in jan may take time. But we cant keep hoping that barry and the defence are going to play themselves out of shit form.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:12 am

Perspective? - I have just looked for it here but it is very varied

Just got back to Berkshire after a very long day - flight last night and 0840 train this morning.

Drank far too much but good day.

Have to say that whilst all the fans at the game I spoke to were (again) frustrated we were all very upbeat - even in the stupidly long queue to get a train back which took ages - guys on here do indeed need to find some perspective
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:15 am

mcfc1632 wrote:Perspective? - I have just looked for it here but it is very varied

Just got back to Berkshire after a very long day - flight last night and 0840 train this morning.

Drank far too much but good day.

Have to say that whilst all the fans at the game I spoke to were (again) frustrated we were all very upbeat - even in the stupidly long queue to get a train back which took ages - guys on here do indeed need to find some perspective

i've got all the perspective i need, thanks. I'm proud of the team and the club and support them. I was fuclin happy as shit when Tevez scored the leveller and thought we might go on and nick the win. But ultimately my expectations weren't met, and yet again while playing inferior opposition. Matches like this are where we would easily have made our money this season...

I was talking to an Arsenal and a LIverpool fan tonight (both English as if it mattered)...the Arsenal fan said something like "well, City...all those draws, but they've only lost once all season. Remarkable really." And the Liverpool fan said: "That's how we lost the league last season. It would have been ours except for those 9 draws at home."

That's fuclin perspective.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Colin the King » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:46 am

What I find ridiculous is that you have to be in one camp or another- either blindly positive or blindly negative and putting slants on everything. There's good and bad in both today's performance, and the season so far. From today's point of view-

Positives:

-We've once again shown incredible resilience and a will to win, from an attacking perspective anyway, in coming from behind three times, just like at the swamp. In years gone by it was a foregone conclusion that if we conceded the first goal in a game, you could kiss the three points goodnight. Now, I genuinely believe that we'll come back again and again.

-As with Wigan, Blackburn and Portsmouth, we've taken a point home ground a ground where traditionally we fail quite miserably. In those corresponding fixtures last season we drew one and lost three- in this campaign we've won two and drawn two. I accept that with the investments we've made improvements should be expected but nonetheless, it's something to be positive about.

-Our forward players are building better understandings of each other. Tevez is playing exceptionally well at the moment but beyond that, you can see the touches and movement improving between himself, Ade, Ireland and Bellamy. One thing we have done consistently this season is score goals (only one game where we've failed to) so if the other side of the team tightens up things will improve tenfold results wise.

Negatives:

-While it's admirable that we have the character to come back all the time, we simply shouldn't be in that position to begin with. Forget offside rulings and 'strokes of luck', we're extremely sloppy in defence at key times in matches. Over the course of 90 minutes they look relatively comfortable, quite good in possession and so on, but it's crucial little slips that have halted our progress thus far. It's a real 'if only' story but in truth, gelling aside, an investment of £50million should have a greater return than this. They're all individually good players but there seems to be a lack in communication. After the Hull, Arsenal and Chelsea performances I felt we'd turned a corner in that respect but today we were all over the places at times. Maybe Bridge missing played a part, or perhaps they missed de Jong's influence in front. Either way, the attacking players have stood up and been counted time and time again- it's time for the defenders to do the same. And pretty quickly.

-Tactically, I'm frustrated and a bit confused. When we play to our strengths- passing and interchanging, moving quickly, pressing and attacking with the ball on the ground, we look outstanding. Why, then, do we suddenly panic and revert to hitting hopefully balls to Adebayor? It's square pegs in round holes. Ireland, Tevez and Robinho to name but three are some of the most technically gifted footballers in the country. I just think we should persist with playing that brand of football. We're not suited to the other.

-Once again, we've missed a golden opportunity with Spurs losing this afternoon. It seems as though whenever teams around us slip up, so do we. If only we'd managed to turn a few of these draws into wins, we'd be absolutely flying now. The argument that we have to learn to walk before we can run is a valid one and I appreciate it- but it doesn't take away from this opportunity. How many times in the Premier League has it been so wide open- Liverpool have been abysmal, even the 'elite' sides are dropping points with regularity. I fear that we might regret not taking advantage later on in the season.
Colin the King

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby john68 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:09 am

Doomie,
I fully understand the emotion of it Mate...and yes, like you my expectations on the day weren't met either...and each time Bolton scored, my guts fell into my arse...but there are also so many positives.
Your scenario of work isn't really a good one mate. We haven't lost a shitload of orders, we are actually within touching distance of being the best firm around. We are mixing it with, not only the top domestically but also in Europe and that is not to be sniffed at. Sure, we have fucked up a few deals on the way but we have also pulled in some major ones too. In fact it's even better than that because we have only actually lost one order on a technicality and several of the others we have actually got a share of.
Though to be honest, if I were your boss, I'd sack you anyway...You spend far too much time on here posting about that bloody football team of yours...instead of working....:-)

Eoin,
Fucl off...yer gettin far too clever...you make too much sense for one of your age....:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby ant london » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:25 am

Perspective this morning for me goes something like this:

- Pretty much agree with all of Eoin's comments above and my additional positives were:

Stephen Ireland and Robinho both looking like they were the players we saw last season for large parts of the game. I thought Robbie just looked a class apart on the ball yesterday and his work rate is miles better than it was last season from what I've seen so far.

I actually thought Adebayor was pretty good yesterday. I did think he worked very hard and the amount of times that he got a head or foot to a ball to clear it from our box was bloody impressive IMO. If the actual defenders took a leaf from his book and got to the ball first and fast....well, we would be significantly more happy with our return so far.

Carlos Tevez was, as everyone has pretty much agreed on so far, bloody brilliant. His work rate has always been impossible to fault but you can actually feel the confidence blossoming back into him and the quality of his play is increasing exponentially each game. He was every inch the 20 odd million player yesterday. Great goals and he looks to be loving life in a blue shirt. If he continues this form, he is going to feature very heavily for Argentina next summer.

Finally, the resilience and grit we showed was amazing TBH. When we went down to 10 men and were a goal down, it was certain that we would pull one back. The confidence of the players was so obvious too....a dirty thing to say but it was like watching how united have responded to set-backs like that over the last decade. It was very impressive

Oh and, I groaned when Santa was warming up to replace Ade....but I thought he was actually ok yesterday. Not amazing still but a big improvement on his last appearance

My negatives....

Well, failing to win yesterday is the main issue, defending was absolutely shocking. Sylvinho, Lescott and Toure all guilty of ball watching and being sucked out of position like an Under 11's team. They should all be ashamed of themselves today as they let us and the team down horribly.

Vincent Kompany was also terrible. Really, really poor. I like Vinnie immensely but he must do a lot lot better than that next time he gets the nod. The gulf in quality between that performance and those put in recently by Nigel was mindboggling. I actually thought VK was the better of the two last season but it is clear who is the front-runner now.

Questions have to be asked as to why the management are failing to get the team performing in games like this. The main responsibility lies with the players but the coaching staff must shoulder some blame for this also. Is it concentration, complacency, discipline, arrogance.....I just do not know. We are lovely going forward but in our own half without the ball they look far too often like an accident waiting to happen.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby john@staustell » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:19 am

Thanks to everyone alse cocking up we are still well-placed. As we seem to do well against better teams we should do well at Spuds on Weds for a change, referee permitting.

And I agree, Kompany looked like a man completely lost.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:33 pm

I was also generally impressed with Sylvinio - I think his performance (apart from a couple of mistakes) was another positive to take away
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:44 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:I was also generally impressed with Sylvinio - I think his performance (apart from a couple of mistakes) was another positive to take away

Only saw that highlights on MoTD but from what I saw of Sylvinho he looked very good.

Tevez was imense he's really starting to come in into his own now.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:06 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:I was also generally impressed with Sylvinio - I think his performance (apart from a couple of mistakes) was another positive to take away

Only saw that highlights on MoTD but from what I saw of Sylvinho he looked very good.

Tevez was imense he's really starting to come in into his own now.

He worked really hard throughout and certainly looked fit - got a good football brain as well - does the right thing and make it look easy - I was neutral at best before yesterday but kept mentioned to my mate during the game how impressed I was
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:15 pm

john@staustell wrote:Thanks to everyone alse cocking up we are still well-placed. As we seem to do well against better teams we should do well at Spuds on Weds for a change, referee permitting.

And I agree, Kompany looked like a man completely lost.

Not true, Villa improved their position markedly.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Redna » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:25 pm

Don't enjoy life, hate it. Be misserable at every little oppertunity. We're gonna end up being baconfaces alter ego.
Beeing a blue means being a blue. And sometimes I feel that when( not IF) we start winning things there might be a slight weirdness about it. Don't get me wrong I can't wait for us to be succesfull but still there will be a part of me saying this is not City.
Have a wonderfull life mates.
CTID!!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum