Academy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Academy

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:50 pm

Went down this morning to watch the under 16's against the boys from the swamp ( the under 18's was off) and saw a comfortable win 3 nil ( with a couple of minutes to go). Three points worth a mention. First we were miles the better side and it could have been more if the final pass had been a little better at times.

U....d seem to have a new Gary Neville. Andy Cole's son playing for us made a good run down the right , went passed the full back and cut in along the by line rolled the ball across the 6 yard box and their right full back side footed it in very calmly. Finally we had a young lad from Ghana playing for us for his first game. Very promising. Good first touch , seemed aware all the time and a sweet left foot. I must find out his name.

We looked pretty good in all areas. They had 2 overage players too but it made little difference so a very promising performance.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Academy

Postby Kyle » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:41 pm

What posistion did this kid from Ghana play? I'm interested in looking this up as well...
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby john68 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:46 pm

It's always good news when we beat the rags, at any level.
...but fancy not knowing the player's name...tut tut!!!....:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:52 pm

Kyle wrote:What posistion did this kid from Ghana play? I'm interested in looking this up as well...

Wide left. Looked quite quick as well and later on they put him central midfield and he looked good there too.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:58 pm

Good to see there's more talent in the making!!
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Return to The Maine Football forum