Bolton vs Manchester City official match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bolton vs Manchester City official match thread

Postby Mike J » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:20 pm

defence needs sorting asap. lescott needs dropping imo. not good enough. get your head right lad.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:20 pm

ronk wrote:
steveo_88 wrote:Hinchcliffe says Bellers got booked in the first half for complaining about NotloB's first OFFSIDE goal, but still noone saw a red card, puzzling performance from the ref!

I had the match facts page on the Guardian open. No cards listed at half time for us. Klasnic was down for one.

After Bellamy was sent off they updated to say that Bellamy was booked 11 minutes into the game. Absolutely unbelievable refereeing. Stream was poor at the time (and during replays but I couldn't see how that was a dive. Looked like contact.

I WILL REPEAT.

ESPN PLAYED IT 5 TIMES AND HE WAS FOULED.
FACT
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:21 pm

why would bellamy dive knowing hes already been booked and also gone past his player? the first notlob goal is an embarassment to the officials, our defence is so poor seeing as though weve spent so much, NDJ was missed bigtime today notlob only won once at home so we should have took them to the cleaners but city being city do it the hard way all the time!!!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Twobob » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:21 pm

Well that wasnt the walk in the park that we thought it would be ....

I liked the look of Sylviho though, thought he did OK, but our defense again was poor - Cahill's goal was a cracker though but was luck that the ball just bobbled up ready for him (and a touch of poor comunication from our boys)

Apart from some of our attacking plays (we made the most of our best chances!) we were pretty poor - a sharp contrast to last week.

Is someone unable to inspire a team against the lower teams and can only get them plaing against top teams or when our backs are against wall? Or were we out manuevered by the tactical genius that is Megson ... ?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Bingo Lewis » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:22 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:we just drew against fucking bolton mate.
Thats what is wrong.

Is there anyone here who, is asked seven days ago, would have been disappointed with four points from Chelsea at home and notlob away?

my god.
i'd be happy with 4 points before the 2 games. watching us 'tater chelsea then go back to the same dross from the prior league games against relegation fodder puts a dampner on it. reverse the results i'd be happy.
do you think a draw against bolton is a good result then?
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:23 pm

ronk wrote:
steveo_88 wrote:Hinchcliffe says Bellers got booked in the first half for complaining about NotloB's first OFFSIDE goal, but still noone saw a red card, puzzling performance from the ref!

I had the match facts page on the Guardian open. No cards listed at half time for us. Klasnic was down for one.

After Bellamy was sent off they updated to say that Bellamy was booked 11 minutes into the game. Absolutely unbelievable refereeing. Stream was poor at the time (and during replays but I couldn't see how that was a dive. Looked like contact.

it was contact Ronk, but Bellers could have ran through it but once he thought he couldn't get the ball he dropped. That's what i saw. It was that extra step after the contact that for me is the reason it's a dive. But if that players on a yellow, as a ref, you can't fucking call that because it's too close a decision. Is it a foul? A dive? just wave on play and ignore it all. That's what Clattenberg should have done.

WRT to the first yellow...i have NO fuclin idea when that happened. I didn't see it in the match and dont even really believe it happened.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:24 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Thats what is wrong.

Is there anyone here who, is asked seven days ago, would have been disappointed with four points from Chelsea at home and notlob away?

my god.
i'd be happy with 4 points before the 2 games. watching us 'tater chelsea then go back to the same dross from the prior league games against relegation fodder puts a dampner on it. reverse the results i'd be happy.

No, mate, I think it is poor, but I am trying to look at a bigger picture and be positive. I'm not necessarily succeeding, I have to admit.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Twobob » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:24 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ronk wrote:

I WILL REPEAT.

FACT

Your bang on CARL - Was a foul, took his right leg out and momentum took him through.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:26 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
ronk wrote:

it was contact Ronk, but Bellers could have ran through it but once he thought he couldn't get the ball he dropped. That's what i saw. It was that extra step after the contact that for me is the reason it's a dive. But if that players on a yellow, as a ref, you can't fucking call that because it's too close a decision. Is it a foul? A dive? just wave on play and ignore it all. That's what Clattenberg should have done.

WRT to the first yellow...i have NO fuclin idea when that happened. I didn't see it in the match and dont even really believe it happened.

cheers

They said on the commentary that he was booked on his way back to the centre circle after Bolton's 3rd goal for arguing.

Not entirely convinced it happened either to be honest Doomy. The BBC commentary said he was booked twice during the "diving" incident.

Lord knows, but the FA will probably tack on another couple of games just for the fuck of it.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:27 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:WRT to the first yellow...i have NO fuclin idea when that happened. I didn't see it in the match and dont even really believe it happened.

The commentators on Japanese telly said Bellamy was booked for dissent after their third goal. Which, if true and though it clearly was NOT a bolton throw, would be costing Mr. B. his week's wages if I were the manager.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby viking the Odd » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:29 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Blue2 wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
mancitymark wrote:Not fucking good enough AGAIN

FUCK OFF HUGHES and take your fucking coaching team with you because you are a fucking laughing stock.

Er...did you miss the fact that we played half an hour down to ten men due to a shocking decision by the ref and that they were awarded an off-side goal? I'm not happy about drawing at Bolton, believe me, but today we were robbed by the ref, no fault of Hughes, although in his place I might have taken Kompany off earlier.

Always somebody elses fault.

No, its always hughes fault, we all know that - you've told us enough times.

Stop whinging for fuck sake(not aimed at you directly mate) -

Why are so many of you always so quick to point out what we could have done, what we did wrong - who was so shit and why we should get rid of this player or that manager.

What the FUCK is wrong with being a point off fourth with a game in hand, being in a cup semi final and unbeaten in 13 games?

Someone fucking answer me that??

Well the problem is,we are not learning, teams are up to play us, we do not have the answers, the management team are not doing there jobs,you should not look at the Chelsea or Arsenal results,we won't break the top 6 by beating them, It's the Boltons, Fullhams,B'hams, etc. We are getting draws which means we are not learning, does not matter how much money we spend, if we can't coach players to play what's the point.
I want Hughes and his team to do well,but at what point do we decide it's not going to work out?, it's close to working/not working, tough times ahead me thinks, before we can reach the goals set by our owners. And when people go on about the game in hand, we have to win the thing first, and that aint going to be easy.
Teams like Bolton etc,should be bread and butter, but they are more like Marmite,if you hate marmite. If it was a draw here and there fair enough,but it aint.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:32 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Blue2 wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
mancitymark wrote:Not fucking good enough AGAIN

FUCK OFF HUGHES and take your fucking coaching team with you because you are a fucking laughing stock.

Er...did you miss the fact that we played half an hour down to ten men due to a shocking decision by the ref and that they were awarded an off-side goal? I'm not happy about drawing at Bolton, believe me, but today we were robbed by the ref, no fault of Hughes, although in his place I might have taken Kompany off earlier.

Always somebody elses fault.

No, its always hughes fault, we all know that - you've told us enough times.

Stop whinging for fuck sake(not aimed at you directly mate) -

Why are so many of you always so quick to point out what we could have done, what we did wrong - who was so shit and why we should get rid of this player or that manager.

What the FUCK is wrong with being a point off fourth with a game in hand, being in a cup semi final and unbeaten in 13 games?

Someone fucking answer me that??

Nothing at all is wrong with the position we're in mate. And i'm not a 'Hughes out' negative whingy type at all. I'm more than happy with our management and the progression of the club, but today we were let down again by our defence and if we're to progress as a team they need to address that and fast! Its frustrating that we seem to be able to do so much right on match day and then let ourselves down by not defending properly on 3 or 4 occasions. This was a game we should have won. Yes we weren't helped by the awful refereeing and we didnt play that badly at all but our back 4 needs to start winning the first and second ball when its played into the box and stop panicking otherwise Hughes needs to find someone to put in there who will. Its letting us down far too often for us to break into that top 4 come end of the year. Just think where we'd be if we turned just 2 or 3 of those draws into wins? I tell you where, challenging for the title. We're crying out for a towering leader at the back, a Terry or Vidic.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:35 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Thats what is wrong.

my god.

No, mate, I think it is poor, but I am trying to look at a bigger picture and be positive. I'm not necessarily succeeding, I have to admit.

fair play mate. i'll be ok tomorrow, but fuck me i'm pissed off now.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:44 pm

The Original Special One wrote:sounds like we badly missed De Jong
(had he swine flu?)

Yes we defintely missed NDJ today. We missed the way he bossed the midfield against Chelsk. Kompany was well below par and offerd the defence no cover and almost cost us a fourth goal. That goes as well for Barry who's to blame for the 2nd goal.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Blue2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:46 pm

Didn't hear anyone complaining about the refs decision to allow our first goal last week, when Richards clearly handballed it. It would have kicked off if that was a Chelsea goal.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:47 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
The Original Special One wrote:sounds like we badly missed De Jong
(had he swine flu?)

Yes we defintely missed NDJ today. We missed the way he bossed the midfield against Chelsk. Kompany was well below par and offerd the defence no cover and almost cost us a fourth goal. That goes as well for Barry who's to blame for the 2nd goal.

Yeh Vinny seemed frustrated with his own performance today. He gave away possession too often and played us into pressure.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:57 pm

Just back from the game and to clarify bellers was booked after the third goal for going on at the ref but no one noticed at the game because of the dump the reebok is they don't announce bookings or goals for the away team.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:13 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
sharkey wrote:well considering we were losing three times and we had 10 men for a long time a draw aint a bad result. we played well generally. lescott was poor. thought sylvinho was good and tevez motm

yeah, and considering we were playing relegation bound Bolton with squad worth 250m, draw is pretty fucking poor result.

Can I ask you one question and please have the courtesy to answer me...

Why, when its obvious as hell that we were robbed by the officials AGAIN do you never acknowledge it?

I thinkits because you like having a good old moan, but maybe you'd enlighten me?

ref was pretty fucking shocking today yeah, but in same way you could say that we won last week because of Micah's handball. All the poor refereeing decisions even themselves over the season. You make your own luck in this game.

However every single time we fail to win, you blame the ref. Is that because you are afraid to look at the shortcomings of our team and management?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ronk wrote:

I WILL REPEAT.

FACT

Only Klasnic was booked in the first half.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:40 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ronk wrote:

I WILL REPEAT.

FACT

Only Klasnic was booked in the first half.

I will repeat myself, he was booked after their third goal for dissent.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum