Ticket details for semi final home leg

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ticket details for semi final home leg

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:10 pm

On OS now.

Tickets for the Carling Cup semi final home leg against United on January 6 (7.45pm) are priced as follows:
£40.00: Adults

£20.00: 16–21yrs/Over 65s

£5.00: Under 16s

If the supporter number used is that of an Adult, then only an Adult ticket may be purchased. This also applies to Under 16s and Over 65s.

Please note that due to the visiting supporter allocation, the majority of Seasoncard holders in the South Stand will need to relocate for this fixture.

All Cup Games Direct members will have their tickets issued as normal for this fixture. Those members seated in the South Stand will be relocated to the best available seats in the Stadium.

Tickets will be available by telephone on 0870 062 1894 option 1*, to personal callers at the Citycentre building and on http://www.mcfc.co.uk for supporters that meet the following criteria:

Seasoncard holders - Claim your own seat – Saturday, December 12 (From 9am)

Seasoncard holders - Claim your own seat – Sunday, December 13

Seasoncard holders - Claim your own seat – Monday, December 14

Seasoncard holders - Claim your own seat – Tuesday, December 15

Seasoncard holders - Claim your own seat – Wednesday, December 16

Seasoncard holders - Claim your own seat – Thursday, December 17

Seasoncard holders - Claim your own seat – Friday, December 18

Seasoncard holders – South Stand relocates only – Saturday, December 19

Seasoncard holders – South Stand relocates only – Sunday, December 20

Seasoncard holders – South Stand relocates only – Monday, December 21

Citycard holders with 1000 or more loyalty points – Tuesday, December 22

Citycard holders with 500 or more loyalty points – Wednesday, December 23

Citycard holders with 250 or more loyalty points – Thursday, December 24

Should tickets remain, further selling criteria will be announced.

*There is a £2.00 booking fee per ticket on all telephone bookings.

There will be 10 loyalty points awarded for attending this fixture.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Ticket details for semi final home leg

Postby giokingkladze » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:12 pm

£40? Did not see that one coming
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Gio

Postby lythamblue » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:22 pm

giokingkladze wrote:£40? Did not see that one coming

Neither did I mate!! Welcome to ..... success on the pitch!

Also, kids may be a fiver but 16-18's are £20. My eldest has just turned 16, has a 'junior' seasoncard but since his birthday, everytime we apply for additional tickets, the computer clocks it and spits out the more expensive ticket.

Finally, the last day seasoncard holders can apply for their seats is Friday 18th. Those of us that live away, won't be at the ground until the next day for the sunderland game and willl therefore have to purchase beforehand, over the phone, and thus pay the booking fee (4 x £2 in my case) ..... now that really bugs me.

Hmmm ...... I can't wait to have a good moan about the price of Wembley Cup Final tickets !!!!!
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:27 pm

40 notes seems quite hefty when you first look at it, but when you put it into perspective that it is a semi-final, and it is against the Scum, then it doesn't seem to bad. I feel we have been spoilt a little by the club in past games, including the quarter final against Hamburg last year. How much would it cost for a similar Premier League game?

£50 for me and the lads.............not bad at all ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby lythamblue » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:40 notes seems quite hefty when you first look at it, but when you put it into perspective that it is a semi-final, and it is against the Scum, then it doesn't seem to bad. I feel we have been spoilt a little by the club in past games, including the quarter final against Hamburg last year. How much would it cost for a similar Premier League game?

I don't disagree mate. I'm longing for the day when I can moan and whinge to everyone I know about the costs of attending all these Champs League finals all over Europe!

We have been spoilt recently and now we have reality of what it normally costs to watch these type of games in the UK.

However, having to pay £8 in booking fees still bugs the hell out of me. Especially, when I will be at the stadium for the Sunderland game the next day, and could get ticks from the booking office without the fee. They do it every time, just so the booking agency makes a few quid.

So for me, 2 x £40 + 1 x £20 + 1 x £5 + £8 booking fees = £113, plus £5 car parking, plus £20 petrol, plus £3 programme, plus £20 food!!

Total £160 quid minimum ....... Cheap night out it aint!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:00 pm

2 x £40 + 1 x £20 + 1 x £5 + £8 booking fees = £113, plus £5 car parking, plus £20 petrol, plus £3 programme, plus £20 food!!
Beating U****d in a semi final Priceless
carolina-blue

Postby mcfcshoz » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:07 pm

after waiting 28 years for these sort of games...if they asked me to sell my mother for a ticket then i would.....SORRY MUM . but thats how it is
mcfcshoz
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: man city

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:08 pm

Dearer than I expected but who cares eh? At least booking online is fee free
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:32 pm

lythamblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:40 notes seems quite hefty when you first look at it, but when you put it into perspective that it is a semi-final, and it is against the Scum, then it doesn't seem to bad. I feel we have been spoilt a little by the club in past games, including the quarter final against Hamburg last year. How much would it cost for a similar Premier League game?

I don't disagree mate. I'm longing for the day when I can moan and whinge to everyone I know about the costs of attending all these Champs League finals all over Europe!

We have been spoilt recently and now we have reality of what it normally costs to watch these type of games in the UK.

However, having to pay £8 in booking fees still bugs the hell out of me. Especially, when I will be at the stadium for the Sunderland game the next day, and could get ticks from the booking office without the fee. They do it every time, just so the booking agency makes a few quid.

So for me, 2 x £40 + 1 x £20 + 1 x £5 + £8 booking fees = £113, plus £5 car parking, plus £20 petrol, plus £3 programme, plus £20 food!!

Total £160 quid minimum ....... Cheap night out it aint!

Worth every penny to see us in a semi, especially against the hun. To be fair, anyone who expected anything different is mad, imagine the cost of policing this one. Manchester town centre will be fucking mayhem, and thats before the people going to the game get involved.

I paid £42 to sit in the 3rd tier of the Colin Bell a few years ago when Fowler scored the winner, so can't argue with the pricing.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby sandman » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:38 pm

If I wasnt already going then i'd give my left testicle for a ticket and we have become quite attached over the years.
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby lythamblue » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:38 pm

I'm not so sure this one will sell out as fast as you all think.

Remember, Hamburg and Arse games were for peanuts ...... 15/20quid with a quid for kids and all that.

These are proper prices, just after Christmas and the match is live on TV.

Hmmmmm ..... it will be interesting but I would not be surprised to see ticks on open sale up to few days before the game.
Last edited by lythamblue on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:41 pm

lythamblue wrote:I'm not so sure this one will sell out as fast as you all think.

Remember, Hamburg and Arse games were for peanuts ...... 12/20quid with a quid for kids and all that.

These are proper prices, just after Christmas and the match is live on TV.

Hmmmmm ..... it will be interesting but I would not be surprised to see ticks on open sale up to few days before the game.

You saved me writing it all out mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby lythamblue » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:49 pm

carolina-blue wrote:2 x £40 + 1 x £20 + 1 x £5 + £8 booking fees = £113, plus £5 car parking, plus £20 petrol, plus £3 programme, plus £20 food!!

HA HA ..... it made me laught that!

I suppose considering where you live, you would love to take your whole family to this game for just £160!

Maybe we take watching the team live, week in and week out, a bit for granted .
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby marvin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:55 pm

carolina-blue wrote:2 x £40 + 1 x £20 + 1 x £5 + £8 booking fees = £113, plus £5 car parking, plus £20 petrol, plus £3 programme, plus £20 food!!

You must be rich paying booking fees, and a programme, and £20 for food. I'd be seriously gutted if I wasted that amount of money in one night.

A year on the dole teaches you the value of money. But if you've got it, why not enjoy it.
marvin
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ashton287 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:02 pm

duuuuuuuuuude's £40 is nothing to watch bellers score another one of them wonder goals and to see tevez get his first against the scum to a chorus of sign him up haha i would pay soooo much more. I reckon it will defo sell out before christmas considering we have lost the whole south stand, so less to sell.

bit sad for the kids though its kind of been a good thing the kid for a quid thing and with the no points thing just first come first served, imagine if the first city games you went to were the run up to winning the carling cup it would of started off the new generation with a bang but hey

then again if it sold out and i didnt get a ticket id be maaaaad so screw the kids
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby lythamblue » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:28 pm

marvin wrote:

You must be rich paying booking fees, and a programme, and £20 for food. I'd be seriously gutted if I wasted that amount of money in one night.

A year on the dole teaches you the value of money. But if you've got it, why not enjoy it.

Jesus Marvin, you make it sound like I'm cruising the Caribbean or something mate!

After collecting the wife and kids from home after work, they have to eat and £20 quid is just about a meal for 4 at McDonalds or KFC including drinks ....... I'm not exactly quaffing champagne am I? Also, I collect programmes from matches I have been to ... I've got many hundreds going back 30 years or so.

The booking fees are what really wind me up ..... I hate paying them and don't see why I should.

I was just showing that compared to recent games ..... this is a dear night out.

Btw, I value money just as much as anyone else. Doesn't mean I shouldn't spend it though.
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kippax » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:36 pm

An added factor as regards to the way the pricing is set for the Semis is Carling and That Lot.

No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that The Cup Sponsors set a minimum price for each round as a certain percentage of gate receipts goes back into the coffers for the prize fund. That Lot would also have had a say in the gate prices as a percentage of the total gate receipts are split between the two clubs (so you get some of the home gate and some of the away gate) and you can bet with their level of debt that they would want to milk as much as they possibly could from this tie, especially as there is a strong chance that they will go no further in the competition.

But as many have already said, in reality it is a small price to play fror the semi final of a competition, when you would expect to pay as much, if not more, at most premiership grounds for a league match. But I do object to pay the 2 pound booking fee for each ticket I purchase, especially as you already pay a higher rate for mobile calls to the ticket office.

Personally.

I can't wait.

Kippax.

Kippax
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Lee_Kinda » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:41 pm

18 - 21!!! = £20!

Buzzin, another 6 months left so better get the cheapo's now!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:15 pm

lythamblue wrote:

HA HA ..... it made me laught that!

I suppose considering where you live, you would love to take your whole family to this game for just £160!

Maybe we take watching the team live, week in and week out, a bit for granted .

count me in, I would love to do that... especially the missus, so she can see how we have overtaken the scousers ;-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby wolfcity » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:31 am

lythamblue wrote:Finally, the last day seasoncard holders can apply for their seats is Friday 18th. Those of us that live away, won't be at the ground until the next day for the sunderland game and willl therefore have to purchase beforehand, over the phone, and thus pay the booking fee (4 x £2 in my case) ..... now that really bugs me.

i don't think there's a booking fee if you buy your own seat online. i don't recall being charged for the scunthorpe match.
wolfcity
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels

Supporter of: man city

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum