African Cup of Nations & Wayne Bridge

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: African Cup of Nations & Wayne Bridge

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Quite right about Barry and his injury. And it's not a new thing as he has "managed " the same thing whilst at Villa
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Vhero » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:27 pm

We need somebody who can play LB and CB really. I know Barry can play CB but I don't think we should be relying on him or sylvinho in one of our busiest months.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:00 pm

Had my hopes up for a minute, thinking Bridge had found a long lost grandma from Ghana.

Against Bolton, I'd play Lescott at LB and play New at CH. I suspect we'll need the height. I'd have been tempted to leave it like that till Bridge was back, but since he'll be out whilst Toure is away as well, it's either Silvinho in, or a complete re-shuffle, with Kompany doing the Toure job.

Whilst losing players is obviously a problem, it does give us an opportunity to try some new things. Lescott and Toure haven't been a brilliant partnership so far, although they seemed to be doing better over the last couple of games. Maybe we can find a better pair amongst Toure, Lescott, Ned, Micah and Vince. I think Toure needs a rough centre half (Micah?) alongside him. Anyone remember what Jagielka was like at everton, as he had a decent partnership with Lescott, so was he more the rough type?

Regarding Barry, I thought he was a great signing and played well up to the Villa game. He's struggled since, whether through form or injury and I thought was pretty poor again against Chelsea - he let Ballack wander past him for their goal and seemed to be asleep for a lot of the game. Maybe time for that op, although with the xmas rush coming up and Johnson out, they may be loathe to lose him
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ant london » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:17 pm

mr_nool wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Mr Nool is right. Ability-wise Barry is up there with any midfielder in the squad. Performance-wise, he had been shit from the Villa game up to and including Liverpool away. Ireland, Barry and De Jong have all faced the chop at some point this season due to the superior form of the other two - the competition is brilliant.

He's been carrying an injury you fucking retard!

Fucks sake this forum is unbelievable sometimes it really is

sorry mate, i usually think you're a good and level headed poster, but that's way out of line. (differing) opinons is what this forum is all about. personal abuse is what's bringing it down.

Just seen all this. Agree with you 100% here Nooly lad

IBH, I hope that the above was posted when pissed or something as it's a properly cuntish outburst.

Firstly, Nool as we all fucking know is a top poster and about as far from a forum retard as is possible to be so you are just out of line with the abuse.

Secondly, nowhere in the actual subject matter of the post do I criticise Barry. I just omitted him, at the moment, from my starting line-up on the basis that he is:

- in pretty indifferent form and
- carrying an injury that IMO should be sorted via either rest or a medical intervention

He's a terrific player but currently is not playing very well. We have a large squad so as to be able to absorb indifferent form and injuries and also to be able to vary our strategy/personnel.

Omitting GB from my current chosen starting XI doesn't mean I don't rate him, nor is it any slur on his reputation......he's just not firing for me at the moment.....you might not agree but none of the posts in this thread, bar yours, is remotely something which makes me think "this forum is unbelievable sometimes it really is". I might be alone in thinking this but somehow I suspect not
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:15 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:Mr Nool is right. Ability-wise Barry is up there with any midfielder in the squad. Performance-wise, he had been shit from the Villa game up to and including Liverpool away. Ireland, Barry and De Jong have all faced the chop at some point this season due to the superior form of the other two - the competition is brilliant.

I wasn't having a go at either yourself or Gareth Barry and made what I thought was a fair point. The squad is strong and its competitive nature is highlighting even ordinary individual performances. If Barry was injured he should have said so for the sake of himself and the team.

Also, without wishing to descend to your level, I'd hazard a guess and say you've either got a very low IQ or you're just a total prick. Either way, wind your fucking neck in and have a bit of respect.[/quote]

Is that last bit meant to be hypocritical in an ironic kinda way?

Anyway, Barry hasn't set the world on fire as such, but I wouldn't expect him to carry the team like Gerrard as has been suggested cos he's not that sort of player. He has been carrying injuries, and he's been playing cos he can - most players play with injuries, it's daft to think they're all 100% all the time. Without wishing to condescend, anyone who's played football for a team shuld know that.

Hughes (or one of the coaching staff) has mentioned in interview that gazbaz has a problem with ihs groin, but the player knows his own body best and is sensible enough to knw when to say whther it prevents him playing or not.

I think he's played quite well without anything spectacular good or bad, tho mainly defensively, which might be why some of his good work goes unnoticed compared to the 'flair' players.

Btw we'll win 2-0 tomorrow, Tevez with both.[/quote]

I just though it would be fun to cut loose and have a go back. The first bit is a disclaimer and is there to frame my abuse as mere justified retaliation! Oh and Ant, IanBishopsAngerProblem was calling me a "fucking retard", not Mr Nool. As I am actually a cunt and a rubbish poster I'll let him off.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Goataldo » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:34 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:Mr Nool is right. Ability-wise Barry is up there with any midfielder in the squad. Performance-wise, he had been shit from the Villa game up to and including Liverpool away. Ireland, Barry and De Jong have all faced the chop at some point this season due to the superior form of the other two - the competition is brilliant.

I wasn't having a go at either yourself or Gareth Barry and made what I thought was a fair point. The squad is strong and its competitive nature is highlighting even ordinary individual performances. If Barry was injured he should have said so for the sake of himself and the team.

Also, without wishing to descend to your level, I'd hazard a guess and say you've either got a very low IQ or you're just a total prick. Either way, wind your fucking neck in and have a bit of respect.[/quote]

Is that last bit meant to be hypocritical in an ironic kinda way?

Anyway, Barry hasn't set the world on fire as such, but I wouldn't expect him to carry the team like Gerrard as has been suggested cos he's not that sort of player. He has been carrying injuries, and he's been playing cos he can - most players play with injuries, it's daft to think they're all 100% all the time. Without wishing to condescend, anyone who's played football for a team shuld know that.

Hughes (or one of the coaching staff) has mentioned in interview that gazbaz has a problem with ihs groin, but the player knows his own body best and is sensible enough to knw when to say whther it prevents him playing or not.

I think he's played quite well without anything spectacular good or bad, tho mainly defensively, which might be why some of his good work goes unnoticed compared to the 'flair' players.

Btw we'll win 2-0 tomorrow, Tevez with both.

I just though it would be fun to cut loose and have a go back. The first bit is a disclaimer and is there to frame my abuse as mere justified retaliation! Oh and Ant, IanBishopsAngerProblem was calling me a "fucking retard", not Mr Nool. As I am actually a cunt and a rubbish poster I'll let him off.[/quote]

Ha, fair play to you. Was wondering like!
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Typical City » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:54 pm

ant london wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Mr Nool is right. Ability-wise Barry is up there with any midfielder in the squad. Performance-wise, he had been shit from the Villa game up to and including Liverpool away. Ireland, Barry and De Jong have all faced the chop at some point this season due to the superior form of the other two - the competition is brilliant.

sorry mate, i usually think you're a good and level headed poster, but that's way out of line. (differing) opinons is what this forum is all about. personal abuse is what's bringing it down.

Just seen all this. Agree with you 100% here Nooly lad

IBH, I hope that the above was posted when pissed or something as it's a properly cuntish outburst.

Hey, stop bashing the bishop! :)
Typical City
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:36 pm

Absolutely shitting myself for when ade and toure go away. And its not even there like either are shithot at the moment. hence my suggestion for some buys in jan!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum