Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:00 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Anyone less than exstatic needs to get theirnhead examined! League cup winners babehhhhhh!

And he has his new song sung at Wembley :-)
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Lee_R » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:04 am

Lol I do love it when he talks nonsense though...

1:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwo4kqOE6cc
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Nasri and Kolarov. That is all.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:57 pm

If you've not ticked the top option you need your head testing and will be booked in for a kicking off the crew to sort it out.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby The Maine Man » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:18 pm

I can't complain with the League Cup, but that first half was a reminder of why I'm still not convinced. The big wins of earlier in the season were great, but MP keeps making dubious selections. He has unshakable belief in Demi, when none of us feel safe when he has the ball is anywhere near him. Lescott and Kompany were the best CB pairing the season we won the title and yet he seems determined to get Lescott out. I'm not saying he is the best defender in the world, but best choice now? Probably.

In the Summer we will see if he has the vision to sign the right players, but for all the press bollocks about our strength in depth, I think our real strength is our first choice 11. When we lose a couple of key players we look bereft of ideas.

Lastly, we seem to be lacking in a true plan B, and several teams have worked us out. We have often been saved by moments of individual brilliance, but that is masking quite a few flaws. I look forward to MP putting my mind at rest.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:33 pm

The Maine Man wrote:I can't complain with the League Cup, but that first half was a reminder of why I'm still not convinced. The big wins of earlier in the season were great, but MP keeps making dubious selections. He has unshakable belief in Demi, when none of us feel safe when he has the ball is anywhere near him. Lescott and Kompany were the best CB pairing the season we won the title and yet he seems determined to get Lescott out. I'm not saying he is the best defender in the world, but best choice now? Probably.

In the Summer we will see if he has the vision to sign the right players, but for all the press bollocks about our strength in depth, I think our real strength is our first choice 11. When we lose a couple of key players we look bereft of ideas.

Lastly, we seem to be lacking in a true plan B, and several teams have worked us out. We have often been saved by moments of individual brilliance, but that is masking quite a few flaws. I look forward to MP putting my mind at rest.

Wow
Original Dub

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:34 pm

The Maine Man wrote:I can't complain with the League Cup, but that first half was a reminder of why I'm still not convinced. The big wins of earlier in the season were great, but MP keeps making dubious selections. He has unshakable belief in Demi, when none of us feel safe when he has the ball is anywhere near him. Lescott and Kompany were the best CB pairing the season we won the title and yet he seems determined to get Lescott out. I'm not saying he is the best defender in the world, but best choice now? Probably.

You cant complain with the league cup and then do in a reasonable sized post.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:35 pm

The Maine Man wrote:I can't complain with the League Cup, but that first half was a reminder of why I'm still not convinced. The big wins of earlier in the season were great, but MP keeps making dubious selections. He has unshakable belief in Demi, when none of us feel safe when he has the ball is anywhere near him. Lescott and Kompany were the best CB pairing the season we won the title and yet he seems determined to get Lescott out. I'm not saying he is the best defender in the world, but best choice now? Probably. In the Summer we will see if he has the vision to sign the right players, but for all the press bollocks about our strength in depth, I think our real strength is our first choice 11. When we lose a couple of key players we look bereft of ideas. Lastly, we seem to be lacking in a true plan B, and several teams have worked us out. We have often been saved by moments of individual brilliance, but that is masking quite a few flaws. I look forward to MP putting my mind at rest.

So which way did you cast your vote?
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby The Maine Man » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:03 pm

I went for the second one down. Like I say, the results are going our way, but the talk of Quadruple seems like fantasy with the flaws we have. So far so good, but we are far from invincible. I think MP has done a good job, but it's way too early to say if he is the real deal.
The Maine Man

Postby The Maine Man » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:04 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:

You cant complain with the league cup and then do in a reasonable sized post.

I meant that I wasn't complaining about the result. If you read the matchday thread, there wasn't a single City fan on there that was satisfied with the first half performance.
The Maine Man

Postby aaron bond » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:16 pm

Whilst I'm over the moon with the win yesterday, I don't disagree with a lot of what you say. I'm definitely satisfied with how this season has been so far, but part of me still has concerns. For example, Pellegrini is completely wrong on Demichelis. I'm not one of those people who will just say if the manager chooses him he must be right, because managers get things wrong too. Demichelis is clearly out of his depth.

Lately we've been increasingly one-dimensional, and when we don't play Milner or Navas, we have no width and go back to passing the ball around aimlessly for long periods (as we did yesterday), which we saw quite often last season.

The concerns I have now, are the concerns I've had all season, and Pellegrini hasn't really seemed to recognise our problems. However, he has only been in the job 9 months, and he deserves time to work everything out. He's delivered some incredible performances this season, and his new signings have been generally been very good. He's won the first trophy on offer and we have a chance in all of the others.

Just because I have concerns, does not mean I am not DELIGHTED with where we currently are! We've now won all of the domestic trophies on offer in the last 4 seasons. I never even believed we'd win 1! The future is brighter and bluer than I ever believed possible!
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:21 pm

I just dont get the poster further above who says we are generally no better off or worse off than last year????

WON THE LEAGUE CUP
IN QUARTER FINAL OF THE FA CUP
GOT FURTHER IN CL THAN LAST YEAR AND CAN STILL GET TO THE NEXT ROUND
CAN TOP THE PREMIERSHIP IF WE WIN OUR GAMES IN HAND AND ARE LEFT WITH A HANDFUL OF MATCHES TO ACTUALLY WIN IT.

(HAD OUR TOP PLAYERS INJURED MORE THAN LAST SEASON AND WE ARE STILL IN WITH A SHOUT OF THE ABOVE)

I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can say we are generally no better or worse off than last year.....incredible.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:17 pm

Quadruple - who was really talking about that - not CITY fans.

That was a media soundbyte that they just got on (IMO) to be able to describe anything less as failure.

All our manager and players mentioned in this regard was sensible/positive answers to loaded questions from the media like "...so do you think you could win all the....."
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:27 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:Quadruple - who was really talking about that - not CITY fans. That was a media soundbyte that they just got on (IMO) to be able to describe anything less as failure. All our manager and players mentioned in this regard was sensible/positive answers to loaded questions from the media like "...so do you think you could win all the....."

It would be hard to make 'extremely satisfied' depend on the quadruple !

Perhaps we need a separate category got that, or even a treble. Only two trebles on English football history I think.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:55 pm

I cant believe that the media and more on here havent had more to say about him calling us fucking manchester united in the interview, what a dick.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:57 pm

The 4-4-2 requires a fit Negredo and Aguero. Without that, we don't work hard enough up front and can get overrun in midfield. I thought we looked a lot better yesterday when Garcia came on to help Fernandinho with Yaya in the hole. If I was being critical of Pellegrini it would be that he's stuck to 4-4-2 even when we haven't had the personnel to make it work.

There are other areas of concern - left back and left centre half, but you can't get a perfect team, especially with injuries and I'm sure something will be done about that in summer.

However, I think over the next week, we'll see Aguero and Negredo fully fit and, if they can stay like that, plus Fernandinho, Nasri, Garcia etc, I can still see us going on a very long winning run again. Long enough to get us at least two more trophies.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:21 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:I cant believe that the media and more on here havent had more to say about him calling us fucking manchester united in the interview, what a dick.

Say what?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby freshie » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:24 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:I cant believe that the media and more on here havent had more to say about him calling us fucking manchester united in the interview, what a dick.

Yes you are
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:38 pm

freshie wrote:

Yes you are

You think its fine do you? I fucking dont and dont care how shit someones English is at least get the name of the club fucking right.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwo4kqOE6cc
jump to 1:20 and listen for 10 seconds.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:46 pm

That lack of a trophy in Europe that concerned many is out the window now too. So many demons exercised :)
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum