Welcome to Manchester Kevin De Bruyne

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome to Manchester Kevin De Bruyne

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:28 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Far be it from me, to want to piss on the parade, but maybe I could just add a minor word of caution.
I think Kev was sublime in the second half yesterday and i'd agree with all the positive sentiment about him on here.

However. He was a little wasteful with ordinary passes in the first half, as were a few others. Before comparing him with Colin Bell, my childhood hero, I would like to see him take a game by the scruff of the neck when we aren't doing to well.

I thought he got better and better yesterday, as we got better and better. Not the other way around, if that makes sense.
What I mean is, I don't think he was the catalyst to the turnaround. He revelled in it though when we did get on top.

I'm not inferring Navas is a better player, because he's not, but him coming on and Sterling going off, was the start of the turnaround. The change meant both flanks started to really work giving Silva the space to open them up in the middle and Sergio destroyed them.

Kev grew and grew and showed us the full range of what he is capable of. Like some have suggested I'd like to see Sterling rested and let us play that formation with that intensity from the start. Let's see Kev
and Dave Jaysus behind Kun destroy teams in the first 20 mins. Starting with The Rags. ( well... Bournemouth first)

Well i saw Colin in the flesh many, many times.
It wasn't always perfect for him either. However , we must always be careful. Sometimes managers tell key players to lie low and be quiet for a while.

Sure Kevin was quiet in the first half, but when it counted , he was everywhere.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby PrezIke » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:35 pm

mr_nool wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Far be it from me, to want to piss on the parade, but maybe I could just add a minor word of caution.
I think Kev was sublime in the second half yesterday and i'd agree with all the positive sentiment about him on here.

However. He was a little wasteful with ordinary passes in the first half, as were a few others. Before comparing him with Colin Bell, my childhood hero, I would like to see him take a game by the scruff of the neck when we aren't doing to well.

I thought he got better and better yesterday, as we got better and better. Not the other way around, if that makes sense.
What I mean is, I don't think he was the catalyst to the turnaround. He revelled in it though when we did get on top.

I'm not inferring Navas is a better player, because he's not, but him coming on and Sterling going off, was the start of the turnaround. The change meant both flanks started to really work giving Silva the space to open them up in the middle and Sergio destroyed them.

Kev grew and grew and showed us the full range of what he is capable of. Like some have suggested I'd like to see Sterling rested and let us play that formation with that intensity from the start. Let's see Kev
and Dave Jaysus behind Kun destroy teams in the first 20 mins. Starting with The Rags. ( well... Bournemouth first)

A wise word of caution!

We also shouldn't forget that our attack worked great with Navas and Sterling in the first couple of games. I.E. I think our turn around yesterday has more to do with formation and the inclusion of Navas than on Tintin stepping up his game.

Sorry, but this is revisionist history according to my eyes.

Sterling was mint during that run as well, and really our attack on the left with he and Kola was better than with Navas who was wasteful to say the least even with all of his hard work and "chances" created. Sagna stood out more on the right.

The slagging off of Raheem since he was pulled from the lineup a month ago is rather harsh given that there is a reasonable chance he is struggling with a nagging injury from then that was worsened yesterday.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby mr_nool » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:40 pm

PrezIke wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

A wise word of caution!

We also shouldn't forget that our attack worked great with Navas and Sterling in the first couple of games. I.E. I think our turn around yesterday has more to do with formation and the inclusion of Navas than on Tintin stepping up his game.

Sorry, but this is revisionist history according to my eyes.

Sterling was mint during that run as well, and really our attack on the left with he and Kola was better than with Navas who was wasteful to say the least even with all of his hard work and "chances" created. Sagna stood out more on the right.

The slagging off of Raheem since he was pulled from the lineup a month ago is rather harsh given that there is a reasonable chance he is struggling with a nagging injury from then that was worsened yesterday.

You're misunderstanding me. I thought Sterling was fantastic at the start of the season,
In fact, I'm just trying to say that there is a big chance we would also have turned the game around if KDB had gone off for Navas and Sterling had stayed on the pitch. The width Navas provides creates space, which makes us play better.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:55 pm

I too think you're misunderstanding if you think I'm slagging Sterling. I don't think Noolie is either.
I do think you're right that he has been slagged off over the last few weeks though.

I think he was great with Kolarov for the first 5 games, but both suffered a drop in standard since. What I saw of them over the first 5 games was no better than what I saw with KDB and Kolarov yesterday. The point being we are not relying on any one player but have numerous ways of getting the best shape for the team we face.
Sterling is young and it is no harm to have him rotated like the rest of them, to keep him fresh.
Sagna has been great and Navas has been hit and miss, but there is no doubt when Navas came on Zabba who looked quite rusty, immediately perked up and the two caused havoc down the right.

None of this is slagging off any of our players which I prefer to keep away from, if possible. What I like about Navas is that when he is dropped he comes back fighting for his place. Doesn't always work for him, but yesterday it did. There is no reason why Sterling shouldn't come back fresher and fighting as well, if he wasn't to start.

I agree with Mr.Nool in sofar as I thought yesterday the changes made our shape work. Thst was as much to do with the increase in tempo that Navas acted as catalyst for, as it was the width that both wings offered.
Navas gets as much shit on here as any City player, but the truth is, at the moment he retains possession better than Sterling.

Sterling is young and still learning and he is the future, he just needs to have a rest and get back to doing what he was doing for the first 5 games.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby bigblue » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:37 am

With Tintin added to our attack we've made a huge boost to what was already the best attack in the league. I don't think this graph means too much, but it makes us look good this year:

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:18 am

He is a springboard for our attack and brings something new to the team.

He does not seem to think about holding or carrying the ball - just to move it forward to launch an attack. It should mean that Sterling will really benefit - but he is way out of form - but Sergio must love the potential.

Yaya and Dave tend to bring the ball forward - often exchanging many sideways passes as they progress. This gives defences chance to flow back - KDB is different.

Also, the way he is clicking with Dave is really exciting.

Of course his instincts can cause the odd problem - e.g. the Spurs equaliser - but I can forgive that - love it!!
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:20 am

He does not seem to think about holding or carrying the ball - just to move it forward to launch an attack. It should mean that Sterling will really benefit - but he is way out of form - but Sergio must love the potential.

I've noticed that as well. He's very English, if one can say so, in his style of play. He's the new Stevie Ireland but not doped up. Allegedly.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:38 am

funny contrasting how he's doing vs jose!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:22 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:He is far better than I realised. Certainly a step up in attacking threat.

+1. He also brings directness we have missed.
I'm actually trying not to get too excited in case this is some sort of purple patch for him but what a player he seems to be
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:50 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:He is far better than I realised. Certainly a step up in attacking threat.

I'm actually trying not to get too excited in case this is some sort of purple patch for him but what a player he seems to be

I am getting excited. He is going to have the influence to change games like the rags thought DiMaria would. Only he is better by far.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby mr_nool » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

I am getting excited. He is going to have the influence to change games like the rags thought DiMaria would. Only he is better by far.

Di María is a cunt, but he would have been great playing for us.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

Newsnow through up a link earlier today warning along the lines of 'CITY be aware of £50m signing, starting like former United star'.... I didn't bother clicking.... KDB isn't being managed by an ego, he has the engineer showing him the way, 2 people not letting egos get in the way of football, long may it continue
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby trevbray89 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:40 am

Moonchesteri wrote:

+1 You are right
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can". ngssoccer
trevbray89
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: Gareth Barry

Postby phips » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:53 pm

as I was watching the Sept goals of the month I remembered something that has bugged me:

How the hell do you pronounce Kevin's surname? I've heard:

A. Duh-Broyn
B. Duh-Broy-nuh
C. Duh-Broon
D. Duh-Brow-nuh
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
Barclays Premier League 2023-2024 CH4MPIONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:35 pm

phips wrote:as I was watching the Sept goals of the month I remembered something that has bugged me:

A. Duh-Broyn
B. Duh-Broy-nuh
C. Duh-Broon
D. Duh-Brow-nuh

Kevin Fucking Brown aka Kev Breezy

Simples
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Clowncrete » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:41 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
phips wrote:as I was watching the Sept goals of the month I remembered something that has bugged me:

A. Duh-Broyn
B. Duh-Broy-nuh
C. Duh-Broon
D. Duh-Brow-nuh

Kevin Fucking Brown aka Kev Breezy

Simples

I just call him Super-Kev. Simple!
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:31 pm

Just scored for Belgium
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:57 pm

A. Duh-Broyn
B. Duh-Broy-nuh
C. Duh-Broon
D. Duh-Brow-nuh

The closest pronunciation is B... It's more like Dehbroyneh... For the most accurate pronunciation, here's a clip of Kevin introducing himself!
Watch on youtube.com
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:13 pm

It was very comforting to see this beautiful free kick scored by Kevin De Bruyne, against Andorra... We will need this precision, when he returns to City:
http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/man-citys-58 ... ideo/19015

I will forgive KDB for being a Liverpool & Michael Owen fan, as a child! I was extremely impressed to watch this clip & interview of KDB, scoring some great goals, as a youngster! Kev's very proud Mum, is in this clip, too:
Watch on youtube.com
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:48 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

A. Duh-Broyn
B. Duh-Broy-nuh
C. Duh-Broon
D. Duh-Brow-nuh

The closest pronunciation is B... It's more like Dehbroyneh... For the most accurate pronunciation, here's a clip of Kevin introducing himself!
Watch on youtube.com

Growing up in Holland and him having a Flemish, which is just inbred Dutch, which is just inbred German, name....I think I have the authority to say D is probably closer. D, in a Brummy accent.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum