Guardiola Should Be Given To Xmas

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Guardiola Should Be Given To Xmas

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:42 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Carl, who is Pep supposed to be playing at center forward right now if not Sterling? Delap? No chance.

Was Pep not supposed to move Fernandinho back to CB last season over Stones and Otamendi who both suck?

I loathe Mendy as well but who is he supposed to play at LB right now? Even if Cancelo and Zinchenko werent injured theyre both terrible LBs. plus that would be playing both out of position and you dont like that.

Is it Pep's fault Ederson poorly cleared a relatively simple corner yesterday?
Is it Pep's fault that three different defenders defended lazily and gave away cheap pens to Leicester?

I know that "the buck stops" with the manager as he is the one in charge but he cannot be blamed for players making mistakes on the pitch. Sure he could respond by not playing them (like Stones) but then who is left to play LB and RB?

Ive said it before, I am not saying Pep should stay but some of the blame he gets on here is utterly ridiculous and a lot of it is stuff he has no control over. Also, be careful what you wish for. Dont fall into the trap of thinking City are so good that they can replace Pep and get better/maintain this level of success. There are virtually no managers out there better than him and you run the risk of becoming a perennial 3rd place/4th place club if you get rid of Pep

You said it loud and clear 'the buck stops with the manager'' and he is paid 20 million pounds a year.

I am a fan and can only comment on what I see on the pitch - None of us know the real truth as to what players he really has at his disposal , I'm sure there are a few who are not injured at all but just to avoid any controversy they are labelled as ''not ready yet or have a niggling injury'' as to the reason why they are not playing - stops people questioning his tactics and starting 11.

So my answers will be the same as most fans answers are but lets not kid ourselves that hes not fuckign up , make no mistake about it , some areas he is unjustly criticized for , and I'm guilty of over reacting (I'm a fan and that's my right ) but in other areas hes making shocking mistakes and its been like this since last season.
10 games lost in the premiership since last season ..................no sign of it improving.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Outcast » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:49 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Carl, who is Pep supposed to be playing at center forward right now if not Sterling? Delap? No chance.

Was Pep not supposed to move Fernandinho back to CB last season over Stones and Otamendi who both suck?

I loathe Mendy as well but who is he supposed to play at LB right now? Even if Cancelo and Zinchenko werent injured theyre both terrible LBs. plus that would be playing both out of position and you dont like that.

Is it Pep's fault that three different defenders defended lazily and gave away cheap pens to Leicester?

I know that "the buck stops" with the manager as he is the one in charge but he cannot be blamed for players making mistakes on the pitch. Sure he could respond by not playing them (like Stones) but then who is left to play LB and RB?

Ive said it before, I am not saying Pep should stay but some of the blame he gets on here is utterly ridiculous and a lot of it is stuff he has no control over. Also, be careful what you wish for. Dont fall into the trap of thinking City are so good that they can replace Pep and get better/maintain this level of success. There are virtually no managers out there better than him and you run the risk of becoming a perennial 3rd place/4th place club if you get rid of Pep

Your questions should be answered by Pep, again, you pay too top buck for a manager to find a solutions.
An average shit Manager could finish 3rd if not second with this bunch. So called best manager or one of the best should finish top or close second not 18 points behind. If last season was a hiccup, fine, the point is I'm not seeing improvement this season.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:17 pm

Outcast wrote:

Your questions should be answered by Pep, again, you pay too top buck for a manager to find a solutions.
An average shit Manager could finish 3rd if not second with this bunch. So called best manager or one of the best should finish top or close second not 18 points behind. If last season was a hiccup, fine, the point is I'm not seeing improvement this season.

The thing is , PeP will never tell the truth so we will always be left with making our own minds up.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Outcast wrote:

The thing is , PeP will never tell the truth so we will always be left with making our own minds up.

I agree with that. Pep ignites the passion but he defies the bleedin obvious Haaland will score goals for us well after Pep, will he take a chance Blow 90 mill nope, but he will spunk a bill on his dream, and walk away , no issue. I love Pep but he is marmite and to stubborn, he is under scrutiny rightly so. We have spent as m7ch if not more than most, how have we been overtaken ?????
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:04 pm

One thing I’ve not seen mentioned in all of this about the striking situation, and the question of who to play, is Pep has been here for four full seasons and has had 5 summer windows including the first summer he arrived. The squad and the players at his disposal are ENTIRELY down to him. It isn’t as if he is in the situation Lampard finds himself in at Chelsea or even Solskjaer at the rags who have only been in charge for a couple of windows.

If he hasn’t got a fall back when the ageing, injury prone striker gets injured and his replacement gets a knock, possibly due to burnout(?), then he has absolutely no one to blame but himself. It isn’t even as if we are skint and can’t afford players or are shit and can’t attract players. We all laugh at the squad recruitment over at the swamp with Woodward, but in all honesty, are we that much better?

Said in the match thread once I saw the team sheet that it was square pegs in round holes once again. We were well beat by Leicester after making positional changes and yet we still persist with trying to force the situation. Maybe the Messi saga over the summer made us take our eyes off the pot, maybe it didn’t, but the squad as it stands now is not as it should be for a guy who has been here 4 full seasons
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Moses » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:24 pm

nottsblue wrote:One thing I’ve not seen mentioned in all of this about the striking situation, and the question of who to play, is Pep has been here for four full seasons and has had 5 summer windows including the first summer he arrived. The squad and the players at his disposal are ENTIRELY down to him. It isn’t as if he is in the situation Lampard finds himself in at Chelsea or even Solskjaer at the rags who have only been in charge for a couple of windows.

If he hasn’t got a fall back when the ageing, injury prone striker gets injured and his replacement gets a knock, possibly due to burnout(?), then he has absolutely no one to blame but himself. It isn’t even as if we are skint and can’t afford players or are shit and can’t attract players. We all laugh at the squad recruitment over at the swamp with Woodward, but in all honesty, are we that much better?

Said in the match thread once I saw the team sheet that it was square pegs in round holes once again. We were well beat by Leicester after making positional changes and yet we still persist with trying to force the situation. Maybe the Messi saga over the summer made us take our eyes off the pot, maybe it didn’t, but the squad as it stands now is not as it should be for a guy who has been here 4 full seasons

I’m not sure he has ever signed a striker in his entire managerial career.
Moses
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:One thing I’ve not seen mentioned in all of this about the striking situation, and the question of who to play, is Pep has been here for four full seasons and has had 5 summer windows including the first summer he arrived. The squad and the players at his disposal are ENTIRELY down to him. It isn’t as if he is in the situation Lampard finds himself in at Chelsea or even Solskjaer at the rags who have only been in charge for a couple of windows.

Zlatan it ended.badly.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:58 pm

Outcast, how do you expect to see improvement 3 matches into the season when so many were injured or out with Covid?
How can we see if Pep has improved the side since last season 3 matches into a young season especially when, like I mentioned, mistakes beyond his control have cost us points
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:00 pm

Well ifhe does go by Xmas , Kloppy should be available.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Outcast » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:54 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Outcast, how do you expect to see improvement 3 matches into the season when so many were injured or out with Covid?
How can we see if Pep has improved the side since last season 3 matches into a young season especially when, like I mentioned, mistakes beyond his control have cost us points

Again, do you think the players he had at his disposal yesterday weren't good enough to beat Leeds?

Do you think his tactics overall were adequate? It's down to the manager to adjust accordingly, that's why he's getting paid top buck

I'm just asking questions?

We can't give him a free pass, questions must be asked, just let it sink in, we've spent 400m on defenders, how much more do you want us to spend for him to get it right?
Outcast

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:08 pm

I think we played well yesterday and drew because Ederson made a single mistake. Without a proper center forward right now its hard to score goals. Did the best with what we have. 1-0 wouldve been a good result, which is what it shouldve been. I think the team was set up fine and everything was okay. If Ederson hadnt fucked up we wouldnt be talking about this for the Leeds match. The one thing that couldve been changed was to start Bernardo instead of Mahrez or hook him much sooner because he was woeful and completey wasted in the middle. But Bernardo is just back from an injury so starting him wouldve been risky

The players were absolutely exhausted. Kevin was dead on his feet at the 65th minute or so. Rodri had his hands on his knees. The schedule and lack of players for rotation is taking its toll.

When we play Leeds again later this season we will beat them because we are better.
Saul Goodman

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:38 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:I think we played well yesterday and drew because Ederson made a single mistake. Without a proper center forward right now its hard to score goals. Did the best with what we have. 1-0 wouldve been a good result, which is what it shouldve been. I think the team was set up fine and everything was okay. If Ederson hadnt fucked up we wouldnt be talking about this for the Leeds match. .

You are right and you are also wrong - Ederson fucking up cost us a win but Sterling was the real reason we didn't win as he did his fuckign usual of missing 2 sitters - you do not have to be a center forward to miss one on one with the keeper....fuckign twice.

Sterling is a support for the forward and that's it - Baldie wants that to sink in...and fast.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:35 pm

Outcast wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Time to walk away - your tactics are shit and your starting 11 is worse .
Wank teams can beat you and every team can play against your tactics - you spent 400 million on the defense and shit loads everywhere else and we still play like this !

2 good seasons out of 3 and the way this one is going it will be out of 4 with many many embarrassments along the way .

I’d ditch him now - we have not seen any evidence that he is improving the way we play .

So who was supposed be the starting 11 today?

Better question: do yo complain about the starting 11 every time we drop points? grass is always greener with you huh? Last season you always clamored for Foden to start. Well he started today and had no impact.

That's for him to figure it out, he's on 20m a year, not us, he's getting the big buck for a reason.
Are you telling me what he had at his disposal yesterday isn't good enough to beat Leeds? Granted Leeds are playing really well and probably will pick points from top tier teams.
Are you ok with our point tally thus far? Are you confident we'll challenge for title this season? I accept bad form, dropping points, hiccups, I just can't see us improving, that's my issue.
Does he need to spend another 500m to beat plucky teams?
I still maintain he's a great manager, I just feel he's lost his desire, his contractual situation is not helping neither.
I hope I'm wrong, I hope this is a hiccup, I hope he can galvanise the team and make a charge. I don't feel confident beating any of the so called top 6 on current form (sigh)

I'm answering this at 23.30 on Sunday 4th Oct having
A:not read the rest of this thread, and
B: just seen today's crazy results......
1-1 v Leeds now seems a good result. This season has started with some weird results - more so than usual, so I'm keeping my opinion to myself until it settles down and we see where it's going...... :?:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:06 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:I think we played well yesterday and drew because Ederson made a single mistake. Without a proper center forward right now its hard to score goals. Did the best with what we have. 1-0 wouldve been a good result, which is what it shouldve been. I think the team was set up fine and everything was okay. If Ederson hadnt fucked up we wouldnt be talking about this for the Leeds match. .

You are right and you are also wrong - Ederson fucking up cost us a win but Sterling was the real reason we didn't win as he did his fuckign usual of missing 2 sitters - you do not have to be a center forward to miss one on one with the keeper....fuckign twice.

Sterling is a support for the forward and that's it - Baldie wants that to sink in...and fast.

True. I am shocked that his finishing is still so poor, especially in 1v1s
Saul Goodman

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:20 am

Outcast wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Outcast, how do you expect to see improvement 3 matches into the season when so many were injured or out with Covid?

Again, do you think the players he had at his disposal yesterday weren't good enough to beat Leeds?

Do you think his tactics overall were adequate? It's down to the manager to adjust accordingly, that's why he's getting paid top buck

We can't give him a free pass, questions must be asked, just let it sink in, we've spent 400m on defenders, how much more do you want us to spend for him to get it right?

I’m with Saul on this one, with only 3 matches played it’s too soon to over react. As to Outcast’s remark to players at Pep’s disposal, is it Pep’s fault that Sterling misses 2 one on one chances ? Imagine if those chances came and Kun or even Jesus were playing I think the result would have been much different.
We now have a new central partnership who played together for the first time at a difficult away match and in my opinion did well, so I’m optimistic going forward. We played at Burnley and were in total control, so that’s a plus point also. Hopefully after the international break we will have Jesus back so we won’t have this problem of who plays as striker. That’s another plus point.

Every other team has lost at least 3 points except Everton, so it’s much too early to give up on Pep or the season.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:15 am

Scouse form since the beginning of the year has been poor.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby sheblue » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:25 am

zuricity wrote:Scouse form since the beginning of the year has been poor.

They have looked iffy in several games. It is hard to see them maintaining the intensity of the last two seasons for a third season. Maybe a new type of steroid is required.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Outcast » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:54 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Outcast wrote:

I’m with Saul on this one, with only 3 matches played it’s too soon to over react. As to Outcast’s remark to players at Pep’s disposal, is it Pep’s fault that Sterling misses 2 one on one chances ? Imagine if those chances came and Kun or even Jesus were playing I think the result would have been much different.
We now have a new central partnership who played together for the first time at a difficult away match and in my opinion did well, so I’m optimistic going forward. We played at Burnley and were in total control, so that’s a plus point also. Hopefully after the international break we will have Jesus back so we won’t have this problem of who plays as striker. That’s another plus point.

Every other team has lost at least 3 points except Everton, so it’s much too early to give up on Pep or the season.

How do you explain 9 defeats last season? I know we don't have a given right, but we shouldn't be losing 9 games not with this squad, you could say we are short here and there, but 9 defeats, really?

Again, I'm not saying Pep is shit, I'm just asking questions
Outcast

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:21 am

zuricity wrote:Scouse form since the beginning of the year has been poor.

Dortmundesque in Klopps last season before he was SACKED..............
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:28 am

Outcast wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Outcast wrote:

How do you explain 9 defeats last season? I know we don't have a given right, but we shouldn't be losing 9 games not with this squad, you could say we are short here and there, but 9 defeats, really?

Again, I'm not saying Pep is shit, I'm just asking questions

Nothing wrong with the scrutiny. We beat ourselves mostly Norwich how many chances, Rags trying to walk it in yes getting done 1v1 our party trick, when we miss the amount of chances you get done, It happens so many times. How Pep has not brought in at least 1 striker defies all logic. With the Left back Tierney was behind Roberts at Celtic how in gods name have we missed him yet Arteta lapping it up ????? wasted how much on twats like Mendy. Under PEP we are crap in the market FACT. How do we know Roberts cannot add something, he roasted Kolarov for Celtic in front of our very eyes sorry Mase.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum