Tevez - Official Club Statement

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Tevez - Official Club Statement

Postby s1ty m » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:43 pm

aaron bond wrote:It amazes me that so many people are saying just get rid now. I'm certainly glad you are not running the club.

Tevez is under contract so if we refuse his transfer request, he has to stay and play. We are currently joint top of the league and have a genuine chance of winning it. Why on earth would we just get rid of our best player?

We have to work on a solution here. I don't think he should get a pay rise so it's good to see the club appear not be doing this. Instead, we should say to Tevez that he stays until at least the end of the season. Then if he's still unhappy, the club will be willing to look into a transfer should the right deal come up for us.

There is no way on earth we should let him go in January. We have a league title to try and win. Selling Tevez in Jan would greatly hamper our chances. I cannot believe that so many on here are willing to do this. It's madness.

Not so mad if we sign 2 strikers in January, ie Dzeko and Torres, which I think is highly plausible. I worship (ped) the ground Carlitos walked on. But he cannot treat this club with such disrespect. We won comnfortably without him yesterday, away from home. He's not Maradona, ie total world beater and there are players out there who are gettable by a club utterly loaded and patently in a wide open title race, with possibly the best squad.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby AlpsMaster » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Never, ever, ever again I am going to get players' name printed on my replica shirts.

Bellamy, Adebayor, Given and now Tevez.

Spot the jinxed pattern?

But seriously, I am gutted by this shit. Just when we should be celebrating a job very well done yesterday and being in second place (we would only truly be joint top if we had the same GD as Arsenal) we are contemplating Tevezgate. FWSP!!!!

Edit: I guess I better edit my sig and fav player again?
Last edited by AlpsMaster on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:
Patrick wrote:At least it puts a bit of fact around the story to stop a lot of the conjecture.

However, the insinuation is that this is all caused by his greedy agent, but if greed were the only motive why would you try and force a move away from the most generous club in the world?

Whilst it leaves quite a lot of room for hope, and we certainly are the club who can push the boat out to convince a player to stay...

Its still a fucking huge bummer

because taking a brokerage from a multimillions transfer is more lucrative than the commission fees on the wages only. Also bear in mind that Spain is applying a taxation level on players wages which is lowest in Europe, so dont worry even the Spanish slice could be interesting.
I'm sure Gary, Brian And Bob will fuck Kia plans, though.

Furthermore, because this is somehow a public place and I don't want to embarass the board which is hosting me, I am gonna abstain from further consideration on which entities will further benefit from destabilization at City.

That just sound like management speak to me, David, and I know how much you hate that.

I take this as a compliment, as I far do prefer to be a wise cynic better than an illiterate idiot...
Bit less proud while considering that a friend, like I do consider You Alioune, do perceive me like a threat...
Moreso because You don't have the excusatio to be short of books and so You are definitely in the position to understand where I am - phisically located, I mean - thus I do not have anything to do with the Club, other than support it as a Fan-atic.
I forgive you anyway, Jude... :-)

Edit: would also love to be introduced to David, before he will judge my behaviour...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby saulman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:57 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:
Patrick wrote:At least it puts a bit of fact around the story to stop a lot of the conjecture.

However, the insinuation is that this is all caused by his greedy agent, but if greed were the only motive why would you try and force a move away from the most generous club in the world?

Whilst it leaves quite a lot of room for hope, and we certainly are the club who can push the boat out to convince a player to stay...

Its still a fucking huge bummer

because taking a brokerage from a multimillions transfer is more lucrative than the commission fees on the wages only. Also bear in mind that Spain is applying a taxation level on players wages which is lowest in Europe, so dont worry even the Spanish slice could be interesting.
I'm sure Gary, Brian And Bob will fuck Kia plans, though.

Furthermore, because this is somehow a public place and I don't want to embarass the board which is hosting me, I am gonna abstain from further consideration on which entities will further benefit from destabilization at City.

That just sound like management speak to me, David, and I know how much you hate that.

I take this as a compliment, as I far do prefer to be a wise cynic better than an illiterate idiot...
Bit less proud while considering that a friend, like I do consider You Alioune, do perceive me like a threat...
Moreso because You don't have the excusatio to be short of books and so You are definitely in the position to understand where I am - phisically located, I mean - thus I do not have anything to do with the Club, other than support it as a Fan-atic.
I forgive you anyway, Jude... :-)

Edit: would also love to be introduced to David, before he will judge my behaviour...

Mate, sometimes you speak like a mix of Shakespeare and Babelfish.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Saul, Pal, I know my language is crap and broken, any time.
I did make outing about it trying to explain why.
No harm taken and any banter welcome... but that post is not exactly a banter or a laugh at me, bar I did not wake up more daft than usual, today... :-)

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ant london » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:07 pm

AlpsMaster wrote:Never, ever, ever again I am going to get players' name printed on my replica shirts.

Spot the jinxed pattern?

But seriously, I am gutted by this shit. Just when we should be celebrating a job very well done yesterday and being in second place (we would only truly be joint top if we had the same GD as Arsenal) we are contemplating Tevezgate. FWSP!!!!

haha.....I've got 2 x Tevez (and a Balotelli)

If he fucks off....I'll burn them and all my old Munsters video tapes
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby saulman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:08 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:Saul, Pal, I know my language is crap and broken, any time.
No harm taken and any banter welcome... but that post is not exactly a banter or a laugh at me, bar I did not wake up more daft than usual, today... :-)

Lol. You're doing it again.

No offence meant. ;-)
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:11 pm

ant london wrote:
AlpsMaster wrote:Never, ever, ever again I am going to get players' name printed on my replica shirts.

Spot the jinxed pattern?

haha.....I've got 2 x Tevez (and a Balotelli)

If he fucks off....I'll burn them and all my old Munsters video tapes

You mean the Munster Family or Munster Rugby Team, Ant... both are close to my heart... for different purposes, actually.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:13 pm

saulman wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:Saul, Pal, I know my language is crap and broken, any time.

Lol. You're doing it again.

No offence meant. ;-)

no offence taken Mate, glad to bring some good laugh on a quite upsetting day... :-)

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Fesan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:14 pm

Here is what I think Tevez is thinking:

Either I get a payrayse or they let me go and I can go home to family or warmer place or whatever he wants. So for him a win/win, either more money or more freedom to choose.

This idea might be his or might come from his agent using the family stuff to get more money for himself.

Here is what I think the club should do:

1) Tell him we can look at the contract in the summer like with everyone else, you are not going anywhere untill the 3 1/2 years of your contract is up.

2) Or tell him we will be asking [put in 10m over market price here] pounds for you, untill someone coughs up that you'll stay put here. Your own choice if you want to fight for the club or play reserve matches.

Considering Torres is said to be worth 60m and Dzeko 40m I'd say Tevez is worth atleast the same as Torres. So ask 70m and untill someone pays that he is not going anywhere.

Best possible outcome for us:

1) Tevez does a Rooney, complete u-turn and tries to win us, the fans, back.

2) We get some kind of deal going in Jan that involves one or two top-of-the-line strikers, like Higuain and Benzema + 10m from Real Madrid. Or we get a shitload of cash and end up buying Dzeko and Benzema or another hot striker.

I am not convinced Tevez is the kind of striker that fits our formation best anyways and would prefer a big-guy like Dzeko/Zlatan up top and the Tevez kind of striker out wide.
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:15 pm

aaron bond wrote:It amazes me that so many people are saying just get rid now. I'm certainly glad you are not running the club.

Tevez is under contract so if we refuse his transfer request, he has to stay and play. We are currently joint top of the league and have a genuine chance of winning it. Why on earth would we just get rid of our best player?

We have to work on a solution here. I don't think he should get a pay rise so it's good to see the club appear not be doing this. Instead, we should say to Tevez that he stays until at least the end of the season. Then if he's still unhappy, the club will be willing to look into a transfer should the right deal come up for us.

There is no way on earth we should let him go in January. We have a league title to try and win. Selling Tevez in Jan would greatly hamper our chances. I cannot believe that so many on here are willing to do this. It's madness.

if he really wants to go, then why keep him, he will be more unhappy with us, and if he really wanted to go, we can not stop him, a contract is worthless now , he could just walk out and never play football again, he is a millionaire, and back home he would have enough money for the rest of his life.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:30 pm

I really can't believe this...club captain ha don't make me fucking laugh, he needs to be striped of the captains arm band straight away
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby gaudy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Spot the jinxed pattern?

i blame YOU!

now go out buy a barca jersey with messi on the back!
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Fesan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:34 pm

What actually pisses me most of his how he can do this when he KNOWS how much this will hurt the club at this particular point. Things are finally going smooth, we are on a roll and at one of the most important times of the season...then this schmuck does this!

God damnit makes me angry. Nomatter what his personal problems are he should have waited or kept quiet for the sake of the club. So much lack of respect... damnit...
Fesan

Postby Brad » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:I really can't believe this...club captain ha don't make me fucking laugh, he needs to be striped of the captains arm band straight away

Agreed 100 percent mate.
Brad

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Dejong

Postby edge275 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:49 pm

How about a swap for David Villa?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Dameerto » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:55 pm

edge275 wrote:How about a swap for David Villa?

I wish that fucling xenophobe would get a bit of wander lust. IT'S A BIG WORLD DAVID.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Until we get a statement directly from Tevez this is going nowhere. The pressure is now on him to make a decision about his life. Imo he has made a mistake akin to Rooney. A bit like Rooney, Tevez is vunerable due to the circumstances of his private life. Similar to that situation we may well find that the agent is the instigator of the action using the vunerability of the player to further their agenda.

Could be wrong but this doesn't sound very well thought through by Tevez's camp. In the simplest of terms it could well be a gigantic statement of 'give me some attention and talk to me'. For all his little hard man antics Tevez may well need the arm around the shoulder approach more than we suspect, and basically hasn't gotten that enough from the club.

This could simply be a wake up call to all concerned. As yet until Carlos qualifies his wishes it is all up in the air.

As a City fan im not getting carried away by this, it just smells of politics. im more interested and excited by the fact we are sitting in a great position after a really tricky away tie that we won convincingly without Mr Tevez and without getting out of second gear.
Our players are looking better and better as a team and we have two days to just sit back and enjoy watching the others destroy each other.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:14 pm

When (if) the best player at the club next takes the field, probably minus the captain's arm-band, some will boo him - until he scores, I guess. But the booing and the venom against him on here (a few people even claiming he's not that good) are only signs of bitter disappointment. It's only what you felt when that amazingly hot lass you dated for a while, the one you were head over heels is love with and who you'd thought would never give you the time of day, said it's over after a period of the best sex you'd had till then. Yet you know damn well that if she'd phoned one night and invited herself over you'd have said yes in a heartbeat. So if Carlos makes even the slightest hint of wanting to kiss and make up, say yes, City. And meantime chat to Dzeko.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:21 pm

zuricity wrote:Keep the bastard on the bench . The team and the club is bigger than anyone player.

Carlos has , whether indirectly by his agent having influence or directly by his own decisions, destroyed any rapport between the Manager, the Club and the fans.

He's screwed up badly. So now he will have to earn respect again. I think the squad and the manager are bigger than Teves thinks and he has seriously f*cked up .

If he want's to go , sell him to the highest bidder. and cut the ties. We need to move on. Torres, Dzeko anyone ?

I agree get rid of him.
As i said last night, i hate the guy.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum