Milner In, Superman Out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Milner In, Superman Out

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:22 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:Great signings for both clubs! Superman wasn't exactly the same from a lot of months and we actually miss to play in Champions League for his unbelievable mistake against Carrot Head in extra-time of last derby at Eastlands!

Had it been a mistake, it would have been forgiveable
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:24 pm

the one thing that people are missing is, that who ever plays for us, its the MANCHESTER CITY FC that we all follow, and i know some are upset with bellers and ireland going and im one of them, but we have new players who can become our heroes, mario, yaya,silva,botang,kovie and of course milner, lets in brace these players to our club now.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby King Kev » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I'm quite sure we will see a thread in the coming months saying "I was wrong about Milner, he is a great player"

Stevie is going so let's get over it and get behind Millner. We can not change what has happend it's gone, let's move forward and get behind the team. It's bad enough with everyone else against us never mind our own joining the ranks of doubters.

Unless I have missed it, nobody has said that Milner isn't a decent player and that they won't get behind him and/or the team?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:26 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:I'm quite sure we will see a thread in the coming months saying "I was wrong about Milner, he is a great player"

Stevie is going so let's get over it and get behind Millner. We can not change what has happend it's gone, let's move forward and get behind the team. It's bad enough with everyone else against us never mind our own joining the ranks of doubters.

Whilst us chaps are losing our heads and getting in a Tizzy, there's always the guarantee of a lady placing a firm hand on the tiller and placing the ship back on an even keel with a practical outlook. :)

Haha. I get the media and other fans jumping on the "let's slag City off" brigade but it worrys me the amount of blues jumping on too. It's the most exciting time ever to be a City fan and people are still not happy.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby bobby brows » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:26 pm

Craig B wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
One purple patch doesn't make a player awesome forever. Ask Benjani.

Or Lee Bradbury

haha was joking with a pompey fan in the pub last night that no matter what heights the club goes to they'll never airbrusg lee bradbury out of the clubs history!
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:28 pm

i'm with SoF and others that are advocating to chill out, or at least just accept that there is sentimentality at football clubs, justified or not. We all see different things in different players.. Ireland has underperformed by his own standards, but then again he has given this club and the fans some of the best flashes of brilliance we have seen for a quite a long time. It is sad he is off, but it was also sad seeing him struggle. I dont see anything wrong with people having their heroes and there is nothing wrong with expressing admiration for them. Im sad to see Ireland drop off the scale and now leave and i am happy that Milner is coming on board.

The clear fact is that this has now happened, it is in the past, so the thing that we should be looking at is Thursday night and getting a performance out of the players, beyond that the red Scouce and kick starting our season at home by smashing them up.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:29 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:lets in brace these players to our club now.

?

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:29 pm

King Kev wrote:

Unless I have missed it, nobody has said that Milner isn't a decent player and that they won't get behind him and/or the team?

There have been several saying he isn't all that and Ireland is better! Personally I can't agree with that.
Sister of fu

Postby King Kev » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
King Kev wrote:

There have been several saying he isn't all that and Ireland is better! Personally I can't agree with that.
Fair enough, I must have missed them.

Only time will tell I suppose.

I'm sure everybody will give Milner and the team their full backing though.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 pm

King Kev wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
King Kev wrote:

I really really hope so because it truely is City Vs The World and we all need to stick together.
Sister of fu

Postby TonyM » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 pm

I welcome Milner but I am very unhappy with Mancini and City in general. Mancini can "verymuch concentrate" up me ass unless he gets us operating klike something that resembles a football team. Right now we are and play shit.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:For crying out loud, there are some fucking drama queens on here at the moment.

Ireland, has been an abject performer. Out of the 5 seasons he has been a first team member, he turned up in ONE SEASON when all the cards were stacked in his favour. The season after his purple patch, his favourite manager, who he claimed had helped to improve him as a player, failed to get anything out of Ireland because he changed the system slightly and asked Ireland to pitch in and embrace the changes.

Ireland failed to do this. He then stuck the knife in Hughes' back not long after, claiming it was Hughes' fault he was playing shite - yet failing to see that with Mancini playing a similar system in midfield, he was also by implication criticising the new manager. It was clear then that Ireland had no future at the club, and after his efforts in tracking Scholes when he came on against U***d, I have got no fucking sympathy for him being kicked out of the club, because that was not a lack of ability, the guy couldnt be fucking arsed.

So talk to me about him being a blue, about him wanting a stand naming after him, about this or that platitude he may have come out with, but the fact is that for 80% of his city career, he has been dire and of a quality nowhere near what is required even for a relegation struggle in the PL, and last season the fact was, he didn't even fucking try.

If you lot are stupid enough to think that the whole club should revolve around a player who needs the sun, moon, and all the fucking stars in alignment for him to have a decent game, bollocks, wake up, get a grip and stop looking at this guy with sentimentality. He didn't try for you last season, why the fuck should you defend him now.

Stop talking sense for fucks sake !!!!!

Agreed !! Also, its pissing me off how people are gettin so upset over Bellers. They all thought he was an utter twat before he came to City. I'll admit that I also so took to him, but he is now past his honeymoon period and back to his old twatty ways. I think we will be better without having the likes of him creating friction amoungst the squad.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:38 pm

TonyM wrote:I welcome Milner but I am very unhappy with Mancini and City in general. Mancini can "verymuch concentrate" up me ass unless he gets us operating klike something that resembles a football team. Right now we are and play shit.

FFS!!! How many games are we into the season??? jeeez
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby King Kev » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:38 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
King Kev wrote:

I really really hope so because it truely is City Vs The World and we all need to stick together.
Agreed, and never more so than now!

One way or another it's going to be a hell of a season.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby markuse » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:40 pm

Dazzacity wrote:
TonyM wrote:I welcome Milner but I am very unhappy with Mancini and City in general. Mancini can "verymuch concentrate" up me ass unless he gets us operating klike something that resembles a football team. Right now we are and play shit.

FFS!!! How many games are we into the season??? jeeez

adding to Dazza's comment:

We're one game into the season that follows a WC, which means that many of our will be key players have arrived late and still have to blend into the manager's schemes and still have to study and adapt to the playbook.
markuse
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:44 pm

Can everyone stop saying he is a Blue? I believe he has probably grown to like the club and fans but fact is Roy Cunt was his idol and his first kit was a scum one. Not having a go at him for it, just pointing out he isn't a 'blue'
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:47 pm

CityGer wrote:Hope it is.

I think he'll be a great signing. In fact, if he remains free of injury, I reckon he'll run carlos close for our player of the season.

couldn't agree more. let's just knock off for the day and go get a cobra and a curry me and you. mind you that it's 10.50 AM where i am.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:47 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Can everyone stop saying he is a Blue? I believe he has probably grown to like the club and fans but fact is Roy Cunt was his idol and his first kit was a scum one. Not having a go at him for it, just pointing out he isn't a 'blue'

True!
According to some Ned was born wearing a City shirt in Warri, Nigeria.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby King Kev » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:51 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Can everyone stop saying he is a Blue? I believe he has probably grown to like the club and fans but fact is Roy Cunt was his idol and his first kit was a scum one. Not having a go at him for it, just pointing out he isn't a 'blue'

True!
Regardless of where Ned was born I don't think anybody could claim that he isn't a Blue.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:55 pm

King Kev wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:

True!
Regardless of where Ned was born I don't think anybody could claim that he isn't a Blue.

He's a blue based on what my friend? Genuine question. Just because he came from the academy?
Would a true blue go on national TV at the end of the season and spit his dummy out about the clubs current manager? Claiming that certain players would have had a chance with their national squads had it not been for that particular manager? Knowing that this would most likely be detrimental to the club, the club who has stuck by him through all his injuries, and still come out with it??
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum