What the hell has happened to my beloved club?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What the hell has happened to my beloved club?

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:24 pm

mrt4919 wrote:DDont normally post on here but this thread is ridiculous, my first match was in 63 and started watching in 66-67 in earnest and have never stopped or wavered since.
What has become of our club ?
We have had an influx of money , it has in terms of wealth and ability to buy players made us one of the strongest in the world.
We are going global,we are attracting fans from all over the world and once we start winning trophy's it will kick on again.
eAll I ever wanted was this football club to be feared everywhere and dominate Europe, after 43 years it is now starting.
To knock our situation is ridiculous, I have had enough of cult club under achievers .
The old days of Joe and Malcolm are gone never to return.
ehe spirit of this football club has always been held by the fans, its we who were and are the heartbeat and soul, not a lot has nchanged since our inception as St Marks in passionate support,so we attract Glory Hunters...... we did in the late 60's till it all fell apart in the early 80's.
sHang on in there Blues our time to "Walk in Field of Gold" are coming again, we are in a media and SSN dominated world and no Nlonger a cult northern working class club, embrace the new world and its internationalism.
Finally after that rant to the guy who cannot afford a season ticket try for a stewards job, ring the club but keep your face to the pitch and good luck

Do you have a stutter??
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Chopper » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:29 am

Maybe its a secret message.
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby Typical City » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:01 am

Well I hope your 6 year old does not have any players name on the back of his shirt as it seems it will be outdated in a season or so....

What, like Barton or Samaras or Fowler or Coton or Bradbury or Clough or Gaudino? Players come, players want paying, players go, end of. The only difference is now they are good players in their prime (apart from Vieira and Bridge) and we hold all the ace cards when it comes to signing and fucking off. You reackon Ireland will love the club when he's playing for Villa, you reackon Bellend isn't a twat? An extra tenner a ticket... priceless. Dig out your soul at Maine Road FC when City are away.
Typical City
Robinho's Step Over

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:18 am

crossan wrote:Sorry its not the same club that I have been following since 1964,they treat players like Bellamy and Ireland abismally,we have so many glory hunters suddenly becoming City fans its a joke................Joe Mercer and Albert Alexander must be turning in their graves,its not Manchester City as I have known it,it pains me to say that it really does,we are unrecognisable,paying ridiculous transfer fees and wages to unproven players Ballotelli for example,I am at a loss to comprehend the terrible thought that 'my club' no longer exists.

Yeah I agree. That ridiculous fee for Rodney Marsh, and Christ knows what we were paying him. And that Tueart fella. And Trevor Francis FFS?

This thread has gotta be a wind up, even you cant be that daft about Balotelli, playing for Inter for 3 years.

There's only one answer fella - if you dont like your club fuck off and find another to moan about - cos that's all you ever do.

Mike J - one small point mate. I've always been arrogant about City and my support for them. Just that no fucker ever used to listen!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:23 am

cdncityfan wrote:Perhaps I have missed a newsclipping or two, but I do not see where Bellamy has shown the club any discourtesy. Wanting your situation to be sorted out when you are near the end of your career is the minimum which should be expected. Perhaps there is more behind the scenes, I don't really know. Honestly, I really don't like to hear the club is freezing people out and pushing them out the door. I really can't stand the rags and Chelsea for that kind of behaviour, and don't like it any better because City is doing it.

Hi-fiving Rednapp when Spuds beat us to the CL spot at our ground?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Fish111 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:37 am

What fuckin soul of the club? Makes me fuckin laugh when people spout that shit. I've been going since 1977 and i've seen us win the total sum of fuck-all in all that time. We even got battered in the Full Members Cup Final ffs. We've been everyones 'second' team and had sympathy from other clubs fans because we've been dogshit for years and no threat to anyone. During all that turgid bollocks i, and thousands of others have had to endure, i was never once thankful about our 'soul' being intact. we have been a laughing stock for years. NOT ANY MORE!

There has been a monopoly at the top of the tree for years and ONLY Blackburn, Everton and now Spurs have managed to break into it, but none of them have done it for any length of time. THE TIME IS NOW RIGHT FOR THE MONOPOLY TO BE SMASHED WIDE OPEN AND WE ARE THE CLUB TO DO IT.

it couldn't be done without major investment and we are very very fortunate the Sheik chose us. One game in and people are fuckin whingeing already. Go and support Villa if you want a club with soul and who will win fuck-all for years to come if that's the comfort zone you miss so much. Ask their fans how they feel right now.

Me personally will be enjoying the away days at Juve, Milan, Barca, Madrid & Wembley for years to come hopefully.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby ayrshireblue » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:11 am

I'd rather have the "unproven" Balotelli - 3 Serie A, 1 Italian cup, 1 Champions League medal - on £65K a week than that dyed in the wool academy product Sturridge who was wanting £80k a week before he'd even won a regular first team place. Crossan, you're believing the tripe instead of looking at how we've progressed as a club in the last two years.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:17 am

The OP on this thread reminds me of the 1% of City fans that Sky always seem to find when they read out our emails ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:34 am

Fish111 wrote:What fuckin soul of the club? Makes me fuckin laugh when people spout that shit. I've been going since 1977 and i've seen us win the total sum of fuck-all in all that time. We even got battered in the Full Members Cup Final ffs. We've been everyones 'second' team and had sympathy from other clubs fans because we've been dogshit for years and no threat to anyone. During all that turgid bollocks i, and thousands of others have had to endure, i was never once thankful about our 'soul' being intact. we have been a laughing stock for years. NOT ANY MORE!

There has been a monopoly at the top of the tree for years and ONLY Blackburn, Everton and now Spurs have managed to break into it, but none of them have done it for any length of time. THE TIME IS NOW RIGHT FOR THE MONOPOLY TO BE SMASHED WIDE OPEN AND WE ARE THE CLUB TO DO IT.

it couldn't be done without major investment and we are very very fortunate the Sheik chose us. One game in and people are fuckin whingeing already. Go and support Villa if you want a club with soul and who will win fuck-all for years to come if that's the comfort zone you miss so much. Ask their fans how they feel right now.

Me personally will be enjoying the away days at Juve, Milan, Barca, Madrid & Wembley for years to come hopefully.

I was about to type a response to the OP but Mr Feeesh has saved me the bother

What
He
Said
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby TonyM » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:29 am

I'm pissed off with City for the way they are treating Ireland. I'll be even more pissed off if we let Given go easily - he deserves no sympathy imo - he'll be part of the 25 and in with a chance to win his place back. Ireland on the other hand is being shafted - kicked out when his contract entitles him to stay and fight for a lace if he so wishes. So I am not happy with city - I believe for the very first time.....maybe since Royle was fired but he was a manager and that goes witht he territory (and beside you could see the otherside). (And I had no issue with Hughes or Sven going. I think the club did nothing wrong in those cases. Managers are fair game anyway imo)

Today it's different with this Ireland thing. I am feeling a tad ashamed of the club if I'm honest. It's not a nice feeling.

All this talk of us finally going to win something if we are cruel in our actions now is bullshit imo. There is no justification for us starting to treat people like shit. And besides who knows if we'll win something. I could see us coming out the end of this season in 5th place and having not got beyond a semi-final in any competition, i.e. no better than where we started. We signed a few excellent players and players have to go but at the end of the day the club is (or should be) loyal to core values, CITC, the Academy, fair play, customer experience and above all RESPECT.

I'm CTID but I'm going through my toughest spell as a blue. This is my honest take on things.

If we have a great season I'm sure I'll buck up and, if I ever meet Ireland in the future I'll appologize for so quickly forgetting about him and my values. At least I think that's what I think I'll do. But I'd very much prefer to have the success AND be proud to say our club has alwasy treated people with respect.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:50 am

This is the Doom Merchant speaking.

I have become very upset with the Manchester City Football Club. They have not complied with my wishes for them to continue to be a mediocre, complacent football club. I promised to punish them if they did not comply, by running a batch all over every seat at Eastlands. But since i live in Florida I punished them in another way. I shot a load all over my hairy stomach and cleaned it up with 7 or 8 tissues.

Merchant of Doom -1 MCFC - 0

You have until Xmas to lower your sights and get back in line with typical performances over the last three decades. Failure to comply will cause me to get out my new MCFC Claret and Sky Blue Umbro socks and make a spunk bomb with them deliverable to the offices of Mr Gary Cook.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:46 am

DoomMerchant wrote:This is the Doom Merchant speaking.

I have become very upset with the Manchester City Football Club. They have not complied with my wishes for them to continue to be a mediocre, complacent football club. I promised to punish them if they did not comply, by running a batch all over every seat at Eastlands. But since i live in Florida I punished them in another way. I shot a load all over my hairy stomach and cleaned it up with 7 or 8 tissues.

Merchant of Doom -1 MCFC - 0

You have until Xmas to lower your sights and get back in line with typical performances over the last three decades. Failure to comply will cause me to get out my new MCFC Claret and Sky Blue Umbro socks and make a spunk bomb with them deliverable to the offices of Mr Gary Cook.

Wierd ......(shakes head).....just wierd!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby crossan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:15 pm

dazby wrote:Spectacularly good fishing today Crossan. 4 pages on the wind up. Good job.

Dazby!!
I am shocked,me fishing never,how could you be so cruel,has there ever been a time when I have cast my rod?
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:27 pm

crossan wrote:
dazby wrote:Spectacularly good fishing today Crossan. 4 pages on the wind up. Good job.

Dazby!!
I am shocked,me fishing never,how could you be so cruel,has there ever been a time when I have cast my rod?

Hey, I called you out on it before Dazby... give me some credit you tit! :)
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby crossan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:36 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
crossan wrote:

Dazby!!

Hey, I called you out on it before Dazby... give me some credit you tit! :)

Sorry Sherlock but I missed it.................this is not really miscevious fishing as I am troubled about the change at the club and how everyone seem to be deleriously happy about it all, I am not considering in any way dropping my support but I have a right to voice my opinion despite what the likes of Socrates thinks.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:39 pm

So you're actually serious?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby 9secondlegend » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:39 pm

ant london wrote:
Fish111 wrote:What fuckin soul of the club? Makes me fuckin laugh when people spout that shit. I've been going since 1977 and i've seen us win the total sum of fuck-all in all that time. We even got battered in the Full Members Cup Final ffs. We've been everyones 'second' team and had sympathy from other clubs fans because we've been dogshit for years and no threat to anyone. During all that turgid bollocks i, and thousands of others have had to endure, i was never once thankful about our 'soul' being intact. we have been a laughing stock for years. NOT ANY MORE!

I was about to type a response to the OP but Mr Feeesh has saved me the bother

What
He
Said

spot fucking on!
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby smurfsdabomb » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:22 pm

When you strip out the key players and fan favourites from any club, change the entire buying philosophy, manager, the youth policy, the owners, allow the fanbase to change dramatically. What exactly are you supporting anymore? A pile of players with no connection or loyalty to the team or tradition of the club pulling on the sky blue shirt purely because they're being paid 100's of thousands to do so?

I mean how much can you change in a club before you take away the very things people loved the club for in the first place?
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Kladze » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:42 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:When you strip out the key players and fan favourites from any club, change the entire buying philosophy, manager, the youth policy, the owners, allow the fanbase to change dramatically. What exactly are you supporting anymore? A pile of players with no connection or loyalty to the team or tradition of the club pulling on the sky blue shirt purely because they're being paid 100's of thousands to do so?

I mean how much can you change in a club before you take away the very things people loved the club for in the first place?

:groany smiley:
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby crossan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:52 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:So you're actually serious?

Aye very much so.......................
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum