Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:12 pm

You really have it in for nunez mase :lol:
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby blues2win » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:43 pm

Mase will be delighted that Nunes has been off sick this week and is doubtful for tomorrow. Less pleased that the same applies to Bernardo although he might not have started anyway. Pep v positive about Doku so he will surely at least be on the bench. Ditto Kevin who will probably get some minutes in the second half. Haaland training with the squad but Pep was more negative about him. Stones ‘better’ but not with the squad. Maybe back post Abu Dhabi winter break?
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:31 pm

Off the beeb. :

Timo Werner: Tottenham agree loan deal to sign German forward from RB Leipzig
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:34 pm

blues2win wrote:Mase will be delighted that Nunes has been off sick this week and is doubtful for tomorrow. Less pleased that the same applies to Bernardo although he might not have started anyway. Pep v positive about Doku so he will surely at least be on the bench. Ditto Kevin who will probably get some minutes in the second half. Haaland training with the squad but Pep was more negative about him. Stones ‘better’ but not with the squad. Maybe back post Abu Dhabi winter break?

99% of the forum will be pleased. Only have to look in any match thread since he’s arrived to know that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:18 pm

All I’ve heard all week is the rags are getting Timo Verner ? On loan “masterstroke” Now just heard he’s off to Spuds hahahaha lmao
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:25 pm

carolina-blue wrote:All I’ve heard all week is the rags are getting Timo Verner ? On loan “masterstroke” Now just heard he’s off to Spuds hahahaha lmao

Didn't that cnut have the game of his life against us in the chumps league final in Porto?

I know Havertz scored the goal and that uber cunt rudieger fucked KDB withiut punishment, Verners name sticks out. He cannot be allowed back in the prem regardless!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:02 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:All I’ve heard all week is the rags are getting Timo Verner ? On loan “masterstroke” Now just heard he’s off to Spuds hahahaha lmao

Didn't that cnut have the game of his life against us in the chumps league final in Porto?

I know Havertz scored the goal and that uber cunt rudieger fucked KDB withiut punishment, Verners name sticks out. He cannot be allowed back in the prem regardless!

I don't think Werner has ever had the game of his life. If spuds think he's the answer, fuck knows what the question is. Pissed that he didn't join the red shit
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:15 am

Terrible player Werner
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:30 am

john@staustell wrote:Terrible player Werner

Offside more than Vassell
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:32 am

Mase wrote:

It's the misses that must be a record
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:36 am

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:

Was it him that hit the beans about 10 times as well?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:00 pm

nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:

Was it him that hit the beans about 10 times as well?

He scored, celebrated and then had it ruled out by VAR a record number of times
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:49 pm

Didn't know where to put this but interesting interview by Cole- when reporter used praised from pep and said must have been difficult telling pep you wanted a change - Cole said " I never wanted to leave city, I wanted to go out on loan then be ready for the first team but city said either stay or sold"
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:49 am

Nick wrote:Didn't know where to put this but interesting interview by Cole- when reporter used praised from pep and said must have been difficult telling pep you wanted a change - Cole said " I never wanted to leave city, I wanted to go out on loan then be ready for the first team but city said either stay or sold"

I see the beeb gossip also running this. Strange one as Pep also allegedly said that Palmer would get more opportunities as Mahrez had gone. Why would Palmer look to leave on loan if he could see a pathway into the team. Doesn't make sense that he would choose to keave. Ah well, them's the choices you makes
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:20 am

Nick wrote:Didn't know where to put this but interesting interview by Cole- when reporter used praised from pep and said must have been difficult telling pep you wanted a change - Cole said " I never wanted to leave city, I wanted to go out on loan then be ready for the first team but city said either stay or sold"

That backs up exactly what Pep was saying at the time. I remember him being asked after one of the games about Palmer’s situation and he said that Palmer had asked to leave on loan and Pep told him that he’ll get opportunities here this season because Mahrez is gone. He specifically said that he either leaves permanently or stays, he won’t be going on loan (even thought Brighton were sniffing for a loan at the time).

Would love to understand the logic of it from City’s point of view, as we let McAtee leave on loan but not Palmer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:14 am

Good job we didn't send him on loan and took the cash as last night proved once again that as a striker he takes a decent pen.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:07 am

Mase wrote:

That backs up exactly what Pep was saying at the time. I remember him being asked after one of the games about Palmer’s situation and he said that Palmer had asked to leave on loan and Pep told him that he’ll get opportunities here this season because Mahrez is gone. He specifically said that he either leaves permanently or stays, he won’t be going on loan (even thought Brighton were sniffing for a loan at the time).

Would love to understand the logic of it from City’s point of view, as we let McAtee leave on loan but not Palmer.

I don't believe him. He demanded guaranteed playing time. And that guarantee was not forthcoming. Then he heard Doku was on route as well Bobb coming up the pecking order. So he asked to go.
I am fine with it. We can't keep them all and the fee was good.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:17 am

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

I don't believe him. He demanded guaranteed playing time. And that guarantee was not forthcoming. Then he heard Doku was on route as well Bobb coming up the pecking order. So he asked to go.

I concur

And I also think McAtees loan is primarily to put him in the shop window
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:46 am

nottsblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

I concur

And I also think McAtees loan is primarily to put him in the shop window

Did not follow Sheffield, but is he playing this season?
Saw Doyle has just around 10-11 games at Wolves, but nothing specific.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nick » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:39 pm

I think a few things but mainly he did well in two games and his stock was high to sell. We obviously thought he wouldn't make it with us if he went on loan and it was now or never and he didn't back himself.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum