EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:10 pm

The reason I haven't got a ticket, is because when I looked on the OS fixtures list, it wasn't there. Well I've just looked again & it still isn't fucking there yet it's sold out on the ticket site.

This stinks of another fuckup.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:18 pm

It might just be the site fucking up. They've done something similar before.

I haven't got a ticket cos I don't have a season card and every single time I've been I've just paid 3 quid on the door as it's never even remotely close to selling out.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:22 pm

twosips wrote:It might just be the site fucking up. They've done something similar before.

I haven't got a ticket cos I don't have a season card and every single time I've been I've just paid 3 quid on the door as it's never even remotely close to selling out.

You might get stiffed on the Youth Cup final unless they move it to the main stadium.

I wonder if this Celtic game is going to be played on one of the academy pitches with a bunch of 15 year olds in the team, hence they are not going to tell anyone ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:34 pm

Seeing as it's four days before the FA Youth Cup you're probably right. The usual u18s lot perhaps. Either way I'd like to go even if it's a different team to normal.

Yeah I probably will get shafted for the youth cup final. Might have to get someone to preorder some for me
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:32 pm

twosips wrote:Seeing as it's four days before the FA Youth Cup you're probably right. The usual u18s lot perhaps. Either way I'd like to go even if it's a different team to normal.

Yeah I probably will get shafted for the youth cup final. Might have to get someone to preorder some for me

The Celtic game is certainly at the CFA and I assume on the main academy pitch as the Supporter Services mob have just told me the SC's for my two kids have been activated! That must mean it's at the stadium.

Looks like I can't go now either so that's 2 tickets if needed.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:39 pm

I would quite like this tickets if possible Doug? No worries if they're taken.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:17 pm

twosips wrote:I would quite like this tickets if possible Doug? No worries if they're taken.

If I don't go they are yours.Even if I do go there will be one for you.The only question is how you can get them. Are you going to the 18's tomorrow at the Carrington swamp?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:26 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
twosips wrote:I would quite like this tickets if possible Doug? No worries if they're taken.

If I don't go they are yours.Even if I do go there will be one for you.The only question is how you can get them. Are you going to the 18's tomorrow at the Carrington swamp?

I can't make tomorrow as I've got band practice sadly! (It's at altrincham's ground isn't it btw?)

We'll work something out i'm sure. I'd be happy to travel anywhere and pick them up. I'll DM you closer to the time if i cant sort some out in the meantime.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:45 am

What the hell's it doing at Alty and it's at 3pm! No chance I can go to that now.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:25 am

I am now ok for Thursday so only have one ticket to spare. Twosips!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:52 am

Just checked and the Tickets are back on sale for celtic. I have just got myself a couple, also the FA Youth Cup 1st leg is on sale, its at the minihad and its £4 each, so I have got a couple behind the dugout.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Batfink1 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:34 pm

Can't speak highly enough of Wilcox, obviously a coach and person of his quality was always gonna move up. Such a shame in a sense tho as he was amazing with the younger lads.
Batfink1
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Batfink1 wrote:Can't speak highly enough of Wilcox, obviously a coach and person of his quality was always gonna move up. Such a shame in a sense tho as he was amazing with the younger lads.

I've been really impressed with Wicox at each level I've seen him working. I was praising Scott Sellars a year or two back when I was mistaking his name with Wilcox, that being with the younger kids. I think his work with the U18s has been fantastic.

If you could get those players at 23 playing that system as well in the Premier League, as they do in the 18s, they would hammer everybody.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Batfink1 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:08 am

Our academy is soooo close to really kicking on now but we have a bad egg coach who needs to be moved on. I know of at least 5 players who left due to his bullying......these are good players too, needs sorting.
Batfink1
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby twosips » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:19 am

Batfink1 wrote:Our academy is soooo close to really kicking on now but we have a bad egg coach who needs to be moved on. I know of at least 5 players who left due to his bullying......these are good players too, needs sorting.

Interesting. Give us a clue....

As an aside, looking forward to the EDS v Celtic game. Reckon it'll be a slightly odd line up given Monday's game but it'll be enjoyable nonetheless.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:38 am

Batfink1 wrote:Our academy is soooo close to really kicking on now but we have a bad egg coach who needs to be moved on. I know of at least 5 players who left due to his bullying......these are good players too, needs sorting.

I would be surprised if anyone has left that we were not relaxed about seeing go.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:39 am

twosips wrote:

As an aside, looking forward to the EDS v Celtic game. Reckon it'll be a slightly odd line up given Monday's game but it'll be enjoyable nonetheless.

I would be surprised if tonight's team isn't the best we can put out which means all the best under 18's side will be in there.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:50 am

twosips wrote:

I would be surprised if tonight's team isn't the best we can put out which means all the best under 18's side will be in there.

Do you think he will risk the U18's getting an injury before Monday? I think he would prioritise FA Youth cup final wouldn't he?
Wonderwall

Postby Crossie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:27 am

twosips wrote:

Jason Wilcox? He's the only person anyone knows.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:42 am

Crossie wrote:
twosips wrote:

Jason Wilcox? He's the only person anyone knows.

I wouldn't bother with batfink, you dont come on a forum make your first post something like that and not hang around to see what people say or engage in discussion.

I wont ban yet, but I wait with anticipation of his next whopper!
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum