Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Indianablue » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:42 pm

I read that we might spunk 50 mil on a kid from club Bruge. Not bad for them as he only cost 7 mil 2 years ago, inflation eh? Anyone heard of him Buchanan?
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:49 pm

Indianablue wrote:I read that we might spunk 50 mil on a kid from club Bruge. Not bad for them as he only cost 7 mil 2 years ago, inflation eh? Anyone heard of him Buchanan?

Sounds shite. Need to just pay what’s needed for Wirtz and stop pissing about.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:01 pm

salford city wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
Indianablue wrote:PAQUETA - anyone asking Santa to put him under our tree can fuck right off. Jesus, absolutely no effort put in for his team against Fulham . How can he claim a wage. Dont think he ever got above walking pace

Watched him closely against Spurs and did some good things, but gave the ball away cheaply and even when he did track back he was no help.

Said it a while back, football really went to shit if Paqueta has become a player considered world class.
Paqueta is our nailed on Bernardo replacement - if he's cleared. Top drawer player hates Moyes.

Where you gettimg that from JC?
Club briefing to Jack Gaughan when the agreed £80m deal was called off in August after the betting enquiry news broke. Our gardener is a Hammers fan, home and away and apparently he is being played 90 mins every game (21 so far this season) because of his pending move to us. He asked Gollum for a break and was told to go away unkindly.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:49 am

johnny crossan wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
Indianablue wrote:PAQUETA - anyone asking Santa to put him under our tree can fuck right off. Jesus, absolutely no effort put in for his team against Fulham . How can he claim a wage. Dont think he ever got above walking pace

Watched him closely against Spurs and did some good things, but gave the ball away cheaply and even when he did track back he was no help.

Said it a while back, football really went to shit if Paqueta has become a player considered world class.
Paqueta is our nailed on Bernardo replacement - if he's cleared. Top drawer player hates Moyes.

Then we are fucked.
Failed at Milan, mediocre at Lyon, stand out at WHU? Don't think so.
I think we need to look outside England for players in the middle. All of our best came outside this league: Merlin, Kevin, Bernie, Rodri, Fern etc.
Fuck the league with their inflated mediocre players.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Outcast » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:56 am

PeterParker wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:

Then we are fucked.
Failed at Milan, mediocre at Lyon, stand out at WHU? Don't think so.
I think we need to look outside England for players in the middle. All of our best came outside this league: Merlin, Kevin, Bernie, Rodri, Fern etc.
Fuck the league with their inflated mediocre players.

Wirtz
Wirtz
Wirtz
Wirtz
Wirtz

I wonder if we could chuck in Phillips or Nunes as part of the deal?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:34 am

Outcast wrote:Wirtz
Wirtz
Wirtz
Wirtz
Wirtz

Is he any good? Read the hype about him, but never seen him in action.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:42 am

PeterParker wrote:
Wirtz
Wirtz
Wirtz
Wirtz

Curious myself about this lad. Seen a couple of posters on here mention him but know nothing of him myself. On the other hand, have seen Paqueta a few times and he does not look like he is what we need
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:38 am

salford city wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Wirtz
Wirtz
Wirtz
Wirtz

Curious myself about this lad. Seen a couple of posters on here mention him but know nothing of him myself. On the other hand, have seen Paqueta a few times and he does not look like he is what we need
Afraid it looks like Wirtz is Bayern bound - not surprising really. On the subject of Paqueta - are you aware we agreed to buy him for £80m just a couple of months ago? That deal was probably years in the making.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby salford city » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:44 am

johnny crossan wrote:
salford city wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Wirtz
Wirtz
Wirtz
Wirtz

Afraid it looks like Wirtz is Bayern bound - not surprising really. On the subject of Paqueta - are you aware we agreed to buy him for £80m just a couple of months ago? That deal was probably years in the making.

Yes, was aware that the deal was as good as over the line JC. From what I've seen he has done little to warrant that kind of cash but he's a PL player and west ham's asset so there is that. I'd suggest there is better out there in Europe for us but we will soon see in January
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:50 am

What’s happened to Perrone? Is he injured or have I missed his going out on loan? Can’t believe he isn’t at least the equal of Phillips and being young, surely has more energy and hunger than Nunes
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:28 am

nottsblue wrote:What’s happened to Perrone? Is he injured or have I missed his going out on loan? Can’t believe he isn’t at least the equal of Phillips and being young, surely has more energy and hunger than Nunes

On loan to some shitty club and he can’t get a game for them. Started 5 and been sub for 8
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Paul68 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:07 pm

nottsblue wrote:What’s happened to Perrone? Is he injured or have I missed his going out on loan? Can’t believe he isn’t at least the equal of Phillips and being young, surely has more energy and hunger than Nunes

he's been busy making his beer

I'll get me coat
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:50 pm

salford city wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
salford city wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Wirtz
Wirtz
Wirtz
Wirtz

Yes, was aware that the deal was as good as over the line JC. From what I've seen he has done little to warrant that kind of cash but he's a PL player and west ham's asset so there is that. I'd suggest there is better out there in Europe for us but we will soon see in January
it's always a gamble to see how these guys fit in with us - is he a Rodri or a Kalvin :roll: Here's his latest promo
Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:13 pm

How can the £80m deal with West Ham have been “years in the making” when he signed for West Ham last year?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:45 pm

Mase wrote:How can the £80m deal with West Ham have been “years in the making” when he signed for West Ham last year?
You are being characteristically obtuse, a City transfer deal is usually the outcome of a lengthy sequence of negotiations (often involving different clubs in different countries) with the player, his agent and finally the club he from he is bought eg https://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-cit ... fter-talks
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Outcast » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:42 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:How can the £80m deal with West Ham have been “years in the making” when he signed for West Ham last year?
You are being characteristically obtuse, a City transfer deal is usually the outcome of a lengthy sequence of negotiations (often involving different clubs in different countries) with the player, his agent and finally the club he from he is bought eg https://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-cit ... fter-talks

Phillips must have been 'draw a straw' buy?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:52 pm

I am not convinced Paqueta is good enough. A KDB replacement, certainly not from what I've seen of him this season.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:06 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

Makes zero sense. You think we negotiated with Lyon for his transfer when he’s at West Ham? We can scout a player for years - yes. But we can’t negotiate with a club “for years” when he only signed last year for them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:03 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
You are being characteristically obtuse, a City transfer deal is usually the outcome of a lengthy sequence of negotiations (often involving different clubs in different countries) with the player, his agent and finally the club he is bought from eg https://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-cit ... fter-talks

Makes zero sense. You think we negotiated with Lyon for his transfer when he’s at West Ham? We can scout a player for years - yes. But we can’t negotiate with a club “for years” when he only signed last year for them.
My typos aside, the highlighted sentence above is a memorable example of the systematic abuse of the English language - zero sense indeed.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:06 am

next cab of the rank - allegedly offered to City by the Kayky vendors
Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site