What the hell has happened to my beloved club?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What the hell has happened to my beloved club?

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:44 pm

edgeley blue wrote:Also that 68 team were not all mancs and they certainly didnt grow up as blues. For example Mike Summerbee was a Villa fan.

exactly.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dikdik » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Ay lad nostagia's not what it used to be...

Incidentally weren't City the last club to win the top division with all English players? Or did my wife make that up?
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:21 pm

crossan, I sincerely believe that the media witch-hunt has gathered much pace and is now at full throttle to try and derail us as we are now at the business end of things. The season is here and you have to stop listening to all the media spouting tripe. They will make anything up to try and destabilize us.

There will be a lot going on behind the scenes that will need to be done by the 31st August, it will all settle then until we get linked with Messi in January. No need to go all hallucinogenic on us, chill out dude and watch some fantastic football on the way :-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:29 pm

I find some of the comments on here quite disturbing, like mass hysteria has broken out in a few just because we may be moving a couple of players on. Players come and go, and so do managers, it's all part of the game but when people start saying that we are losing the heart and soul of the club then I start to believe that knives are being sharpened and agenda's lodged.

Come on, anyone, please tell me who the heart and soul of our club is?

Is it the manager? No!

Is it the players? Not really!

Is it the CEO or the Chairman? Still no!

What about the owner? Is it fuck like!

So who is it?

Yes, you've fucking guessed it, it's me, you and every other Blue who tramps down to CoMS on a cold rainy night in December - the hoards of loyal Blues who travel to each and every away game, regardless of cost. It's the lads and lasses who give up numerous hours trying to find crappy internet streams when we are away, or if we are too far to travel. It's the guys and girls who although they have never had the opportunity to see us live, still follow blindly learning the ways and hoping one day to make it to the proverbial Holy Land. You say 'Losing our Soul, I say you're 'Talking out your Arse' - we are the centre of this Blue Universe and without me and you, there is no City!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blue wine » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:35 pm

for fucksake..some people are just never happy!!! im living my dream..keep the hope crossan

E verone
T hought
I
H ad
A
D ream
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby blueyorkie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:50 pm

I assume this is a piss take. However if not i would suggest that as you have been around for a while, not as long as many of us! you should grow up.Since I started watching in the 1950's i have never known the club be more caring and connected with its fans. In fact I would go so far as to say we are a shining light for others to follow, if you need me to explain you clearly do not take note of what goes on at our club.
Frankly i am amazed by comments such as this, i thought i would only read such trite nonsense in the gutter press.
49 years and I'm still here
blueyorkie
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Abu Dhabi » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:20 pm

3 weeks ago, Crossan wrote:

"Come on would you rather be a penniless club and odds on for relegation? who gives a shit about what other teams fans think!!! all that matters is that we win the premiership at any cost,just listen to some of the fans on skysports,yes they sound like council estate,benefit drawing low lifes but for the first time in a generation they have something to look forward to"

?????
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:29 pm

We got Lucky. Shut up and enjoy the Ride.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Socrates » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:47 pm

Who needs the media against us when we have our very own fifth column of miserable small minded twats?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:57 pm

Socrates wrote:Who needs the media against us when we have our very own fifth column of miserable small minded twats?

Not everyone can separate the wheat from the chaff
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:18 pm

zuricity wrote:
Socrates wrote:Who needs the media against us when we have our very own fifth column of miserable small minded twats?

Not everyone can separate the wheat from the chav

Oiiiii, leave me out of it ;-)

Disclaimer: In no way am I, or have I ever been, a Chav.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beeks » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I find some of the comments on here quite disturbing, like mass hysteria has broken out in a few just because we may be moving a couple of players on. Players come and go, and so do managers, it's all part of the game but when people start saying that we are losing the heart and soul of the club then I start to believe that knives are being sharpened and agenda's lodged.

Come on, anyone, please tell me who the heart and soul of our club is?

Is it the manager? No!

Is it the players? Not really!

Is it the CEO or the Chairman? Still no!

What about the owner? Is it fuck like!

So who is it?

Yes, you've fucking guessed it, it's me, you and every other Blue who tramps down to CoMS on a cold rainy night in December - the hoards of loyal Blues who travel to each and every away game, regardless of cost. It's the lads and lasses who give up numerous hours trying to find crappy internet streams when we are away, or if we are too far to travel. It's the guys and girls who although they have never had the opportunity to see us live, still follow blindly learning the ways and hoping one day to make it to the proverbial Holy Land. You say 'Losing our Soul, I say you're 'Talking out your Arse' - we are the centre of this Blue Universe and without me and you, there is no City!

Great Post Beefy!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:3 weeks ago, Crossan wrote:

"Come on would you rather be a penniless club and odds on for relegation? who gives a shit about what other teams fans think!!! all that matters is that we win the premiership at any cost,just listen to some of the fans on skysports,yes they sound like council estate,benefit drawing low lifes but for the first time in a generation they have something to look forward to"

?????

Crossan can't remember what he had for tea, let alone what he posted 3 weeks ago! ;-)
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Crossan, a bit late for fishing isn't it? :)
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Mike J » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:24 pm

the only thing that bothers me is the arrogance that a number of fans have developed. not seen so much of it on here. seen a fair bit on mong though.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby gillie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:38 pm

Well Crossan mate i cannot get down to COMS this season because i am being made redundant this thursday and finances prevent me from attending.It will be the first season in 34 years that i will not be at any games in the flesh and you come on here and say the club is losing its soul because we are signing better quality players it really does beggar belief.I am absolutely gutted that i cannot be part of the crowd at home games this season as i believe this is THE YEAR for us long suffering blues and i dont give 2 fucks how we do it.GET FUCKIN REAL MAN.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby dazby » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:58 pm

Spectacularly good fishing today Crossan. 4 pages on the wind up. Good job.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby trout man » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:12 pm

I think what most people on this thread are saying is that we don't care if the high is chemical or organically grown in your neighbours field (well your not going to take the wrap are you?) essentially we have all been waiting a long time one way or the other to see our boys lift some silver ware and lay to rest some ghosts.

By the way, great windup, I mean thread
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby mrt4919 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:15 pm

DDont normally post on here but this thread is ridiculous, my first match was in 63 and started watching in 66-67 in earnest and have never stopped or wavered since.
What has become of our club ?
We have had an influx of money , it has in terms of wealth and ability to buy players made us one of the strongest in the world.
We are going global,we are attracting fans from all over the world and once we start winning trophy's it will kick on again.
eAll I ever wanted was this football club to be feared everywhere and dominate Europe, after 43 years it is now starting.
To knock our situation is ridiculous, I have had enough of cult club under achievers .
The old days of Joe and Malcolm are gone never to return.
ehe spirit of this football club has always been held by the fans, its we who were and are the heartbeat and soul, not a lot has nchanged since our inception as St Marks in passionate support,so we attract Glory Hunters...... we did in the late 60's till it all fell apart in the early 80's.
sHang on in there Blues our time to "Walk in Field of Gold" are coming again, we are in a media and SSN dominated world and no Nlonger a cult northern working class club, embrace the new world and its internationalism.
Finally after that rant to the guy who cannot afford a season ticket try for a stewards job, ring the club but keep your face to the pitch and good luck
mrt4919
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby gillie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:21 pm

mrt4919 wrote:DDont normally post on here but this thread is ridiculous, my first match was in 63 and started watching in 66-67 in earnest and have never stopped or wavered since.
What has become of our club ?
We have had an influx of money , it has in terms of wealth and ability to buy players made us one of the strongest in the world.
We are going global,we are attracting fans from all over the world and once we start winning trophy's it will kick on again.
eAll I ever wanted was this football club to be feared everywhere and dominate Europe, after 43 years it is now starting.
To knock our situation is ridiculous, I have had enough of cult club under achievers .
The old days of Joe and Malcolm are gone never to return.
ehe spirit of this football club has always been held by the fans, its we who were and are the heartbeat and soul, not a lot has nchanged since our inception as St Marks in passionate support,so we attract Glory Hunters...... we did in the late 60's till it all fell apart in the early 80's.
sHang on in there Blues our time to "Walk in Field of Gold" are coming again, we are in a media and SSN dominated world and no Nlonger a cult northern working class club, embrace the new world and its internationalism.
Finally after that rant to the guy who cannot afford a season ticket try for a stewards job, ring the club but keep your face to the pitch and good luck

Cheers mate i will give them a call later this morning.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum