Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed May 26, 2010 2:47 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:That is exactly how he has looked and sounded eversince Shay Given was signed. Not a happy camper and doesn't want to be in City I feel.

he's a kid. cut him some slack. i'm sorry, but he can be as bratty as he wants, and he's still ours. and he'll be a professional once he's between the sticks.

i promise.

cheers

He is NOT fucking kid. Certainly not in football terms. 23 years old is a grown man. Especially one who earns few million a year. For that money you need to show some respect to employer. I can understand 23 year old flipping burgers in McDonnies in minimum wages to be bit pissed off about his employer every now and then but someone who earns that sort of money is acting like spoiled child.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby dazby » Wed May 26, 2010 2:53 pm

The bit I get from him is that he wants to play regularly and doesn't really care who it's for. I don't think he wants to fight for a place, he just wants to play regularly.

One of our members mentioned that Joe said this just after Shay was signed. I'll also wager that Joe is of the opinion that Shay is a very tough nut to crack for the number 1 slot.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 26, 2010 3:10 pm

dazby wrote:The bit I get from him is that he wants to play regularly and doesn't really care who it's for. I don't think he wants to fight for a place, he just wants to play regularly.

One of our members mentioned that Joe said this just after Shay was signed. I'll also wager that Joe is of the opinion that Shay is a very tough nut to crack for the number 1 slot.

If he truly doesn't like competition then he'll never achieve much IMHO. Let's let him start the season as number one and see how he does throughout the year and if he cries like a baby then he will have to be off. No one in a really solid team has the right to a place without competition. It might seem that keepers have the given spot (ahem) with little competition since backup keepers are usually a steep dropoff at top clubs but why should it be different for them? We have two of the top 5 keepers in the league i think. Good times.

I think he will be fine at City. And 23 is still a kid in any line of work. Sorry.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed May 26, 2010 3:17 pm

I would agree that Joe isn't a kid anymore. I have already said I think Joe should be the number 1 for City from next year and that isn't because he is a lot better than Shay( I think they are close to equal) but more that he has 10 to 15 years at the top and Shay has 2or 3 maybe.Add Shay's shoulder injury which I fear might be an ongoing problem and we would be crazy not to sort Joe out now. It is sounding unlikely as I hear that nobody has been speaking with him about his future.

At the time Shay was brought in Joe wasn't surprised it happened , he wasnt mega disappointed as at least he got first team football. But as the year has gone on and he has established himself really well not only as a prem keeper but as England's number 1(?) he is understandably twitchy about his future in the short term. I really think another loan year is a bad deal as it is inevitable he will lose some more loyalty to City. Playing at another club and working/mixing with another squad of players makes that happen.

Make the tough decision City you know it makes sense :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 26, 2010 3:29 pm

Personally I think it was the height of insanity having 2 class keepers and letting one go for the season without any recall. The Given injury could've happened anytime and I would have preferred not to rely on Taylor.

So someone sits on the bench. Tough.

If we want to win the league and be a top, top club we need at least 2 class keepers.

Dont think Mancini will make the same mistake.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby BmoreBlue » Wed May 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Add Shay's shoulder injury which I fear might be an ongoing problem and we would be crazy not to sort Joe out now.

i think this is the thing most people aren't realizing. my best friend dislocated his shoulder nearly a dozen times, each time it took less and less to do it. By the 12th time he did it kicking some snow at me - this is a debilitating injury, and i don't think shay will ever be the same again. joe should be our first choice come august.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Nick » Wed May 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I would agree that Joe isn't a kid anymore. I have already said I think Joe should be the number 1 for City from next year and that isn't because he is a lot better than Shay( I think they are close to equal) but more that he has 10 to 15 years at the top and Shay has 2or 3 maybe.Add Shay's shoulder injury which I fear might be an ongoing problem and we would be crazy not to sort Joe out now. It is sounding unlikely as I hear that nobody has been speaking with him about his future.

At the time Shay was brought in Joe wasn't surprised it happened , he wasnt mega disappointed as at least he got first team football. But as the year has gone on and he has established himself really well not only as a prem keeper but as England's number 1(?) he is understandably twitchy about his future in the short term. I really think another loan year is a bad deal as it is inevitable he will lose some more loyalty to City. Playing at another club and working/mixing with another squad of players makes that happen.

Make the tough decision City you know it makes sense :)

To be fair I got the impression that he was really shocked and surprised when we signed Given and he even stated that Hughes told him how much he valued him early Jan, then he came in to training to see Shay Given a week later when nobody told him we were after a keeper. Thats the root of his bitterness. But thats hughes. Fuck all to do with city or mancini.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nick » Wed May 26, 2010 4:36 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Mike J wrote:by the way who is the guy that interviews the platyers for the website? he is fucking shocking, everytime is its useless question after useless question.

I'm glad it's not just me that thinks that then. He sounds like a school kid, all nervous and asking daft questions that have already been answered in an earlier response

Haha

''You looked confident out there, were you confident out there?''
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 26, 2010 4:42 pm

john@staustell wrote:Personally I think it was the height of insanity having 2 class keepers and letting one go for the season without any recall. The Given injury could've happened anytime and I would have preferred not to rely on Taylor.

So someone sits on the bench. Tough.

If we want to win the league and be a top, top club we need at least 2 class keepers.

Dont think Mancini will make the same mistake.

no top club i can think of has 2 class keepers of the ilk we have. Name one?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby JonnyAsh » Wed May 26, 2010 4:57 pm

I assume Joe will start next season, and if that's the case he will be in the driving seat. To my mind, he should stay our number one, as it would be a real kick in the teeth should he then be dropped when Shay is fit, and that may be the straw that breaks the camels back. he would be off then no question
I think if he starts the season, and starts well, he could have a long stint as number one. It's funny how these things work out, but I wouldn't be suprised somewhere down the line, if it was Shay that decided to move on if he couldn't get back in the team.
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby btajim » Wed May 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Joe Hart can be the future of City Goalkeeping and Shay Given can't be. If Joe really does want to buckle at the first sign of a challenge to his Number 1 Jersey then I worry for his lack of ambition. Who'd want to play for Birmingham City instead of Manchester City? It seems like he almost has a lack of belief in his own ability.

MCFC are going places, Joe. Come with.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed May 26, 2010 8:49 pm

JonnyAsh wrote:I assume Joe will start next season, and if that's the case he will be in the driving seat. To my mind, he should stay our number one, as it would be a real kick in the teeth should he then be dropped when Shay is fit, and that may be the straw that breaks the camels back. he would be off then no question
I think if he starts the season, and starts well, he could have a long stint as number one. It's funny how these things work out, but I wouldn't be suprised somewhere down the line, if it was Shay that decided to move on if he couldn't get back in the team.

if he is good enough he will keep the jersey, if not then he can leave. Why should he, or anyone else for that matter, have guaranteed starting job?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mike J » Wed May 26, 2010 8:55 pm

Nick wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
Mike J wrote:by the way who is the guy that interviews the platyers for the website? he is fucking shocking, everytime is its useless question after useless question.

I'm glad it's not just me that thinks that then. He sounds like a school kid, all nervous and asking daft questions that have already been answered in an earlier response

Haha

lol, exactly. it makes me cringe on every interview he does so i wonder how the player feels!

'erm erm whats it like to play at wembley!??'
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby brite blu sky » Wed May 26, 2010 10:30 pm

unlike some responses i'm not reading too much into Joe's response to that last question about City.. he was clearly getting a bit bored by the questioner. and you could see when asked about Brum he was starting to get a bit uncomfy already. My take is that he is 110% trying to completely focus on England and the opportunity in front of him to get a shot at it. I can dig that as we are talking about a WC here and he is in with a shout and even as a back up if he is needed he has to be totally ready.. so in that sense anything that puts other themes in his head he is going to give short shrift to.
He has been away from City and at the back of his mind worried about what may or may not be going on there.. but it is just something he will not want to be thinking about at all..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ant london » Thu May 27, 2010 7:59 am

Mike J wrote:
Nick wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Haha

lol, exactly. it makes me cringe on every interview he does so i wonder how the player feels!

'erm erm whats it like to play at wembley!??'

who the fuck is he? I want to see the squeaky voiced nause.....Chris Nield....is he you???
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu May 27, 2010 8:35 am

All I know is that this guy is driving me nuts!
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Wooders » Thu May 27, 2010 8:49 am

We're going to struggle to keep hold of him, they'll be lining up after the season he has had and if he has a decent world cup and the likes of Arsenal come knocking, he'll be agitating for a move, even if he gets guarentees of a starting spot next season
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum