Laughing Stock

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Laughing Stock

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:36 pm

Mike J wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:You weren't saying the same last season when we lost to fucking Forest under the mune.

Why is that?

so you are going back 13 months and tyring to prove what exactly?

YOU WANTED MANCINI AND HE IS FUCKING SHITE, do you still believe he is the messiah?

What about him being a proven winner? Silverware etc etc etc.....

you thought it'd happen in two months? To get these lazy turds playing who had got used to no tactics and no team discipline?

But hey ho, gary neville is soon available.

brilliant.

they had far more fucking team discipline under hughes and the players actually liked the bloke.

i think it was the right choice for hughes to go but fuck me isnt mancini supposed to be some great manager... born winner etc??

Yeah the players loved Hughes - just go and ring Elano up and I bet Robbie loved Sparky as well...
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby gillie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
gillie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:LET ME SAY THIS AGAIN !!!!
HUGHES WAS SHITE AND DIDNT ADDRESS THE DEFENSIVE SHITE AND HE WAS SACKED.................MANCINI IS PROVING WORSE THAN HIM SO HE WILL ALSO GET THE BOOT......WHY THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE GOING ON ABOUT IF WE HAD HUGHES WE WOULD HAVE BEATEN THIS TEAM OR THAT TEAM..ITS BOLLOKS...HE WAS SHITE GET OVER IT !!!!

JOSE IN THE SUMMER (I BET YOU WOULDNT GET EVEN MONEY AT THE BOOKIES)

Carl with Hughes this game would have been over game 1 coz we would have ripped Pulis a new one and you know that.

MATE..STOKE WOULD HAVE MULLERED US WITH THEIR PONCY HIGH BALLS IN THE AREA.....OUR DEFENSE WAS FUCKING DIRE AND WAS GETTING WORSE MATE.AND YOU KNOW IT !!!!!

MANCINI HAS/HAD IMPROVED THE DEFENSE BY DOING WHAT ANY FUCKING NUMPTY COULD HAVE DONE...PUT EVERYONE AT THE BACK AND DONT ATTACK.

HE,S A CUTN AND HAS SHOWN US EXACTLY WHAT HE CAN DO IN THE 2 MONTHS HE,S BEEN HERE........WORSE RECORD THAN HUGHES.

Carl with Hughes we would have kept the ball on the ground thats why we scored a lot tonight every ball seemed to be lumped forwaed for Ade to contest against three giants.When we did play football in the first 25 minutes we mullered them so why did we change go figure.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Colin the King » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:37 pm

Mancini has underperformed in his short time here. Couldn't get us to the Carling Cup final. Couldn't get us beyond the 5th round of the FA Cup, and very hit and miss in the Premier League.

BUT, what on earth is personal bickering going to achieve? Group A thinks Group B are a bunch of spineless idiots and Group B think Group A are hypocrites. Great. But quite frankly I, and quite probably plenty of others, couldn't give a bollocks. What concerns me is City's performances (which have been poor) and to debate the key points in games- who played well, who played poorly, the tactics, what we think will improve us looking at the next game(s).

This oneupmanship is fucking boring. It went on and on and fucking on under Hughes and if anything, is getting worse since he left. This is a City forum- how about discussing City rather than your own personal agendas.
Last edited by Colin the King on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:37 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:And I notice the numbers of people logged on is going up by the minute.

Everyone coming out of the wood-work to sound off and speak their brains.

we're in for a great 24 hours aren't we.... here we go.... nothing like a bad result to get the crowds out////

Never seen as many, is it a record?

I'd say so.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:37 pm

gillie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
gillie wrote:
HUGHES WAS SHITE AND DIDNT ADDRESS THE DEFENSIVE SHITE AND HE WAS SACKED.................MANCINI IS PROVING WORSE THAN HIM SO HE WILL ALSO GET THE BOOT......WHY THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE GOING ON ABOUT IF WE HAD HUGHES WE WOULD HAVE BEATEN THIS TEAM OR THAT TEAM..ITS BOLLOKS...HE WAS SHITE GET OVER IT !!!!

Carl with Hughes this game would have been over game 1 coz we would have ripped Pulis a new one and you know that.

MATE..STOKE WOULD HAVE MULLERED US WITH THEIR PONCY HIGH BALLS IN THE AREA.....OUR DEFENSE WAS FUCKING DIRE AND WAS GETTING WORSE MATE.AND YOU KNOW IT !!!!!

MANCINI HAS/HAD IMPROVED THE DEFENSE BY DOING WHAT ANY FUCKING NUMPTY COULD HAVE DONE...PUT EVERYONE AT THE BACK AND DONT ATTACK.

HE,S A CUTN AND HAS SHOWN US EXACTLY WHAT HE CAN DO IN THE 2 MONTHS HE,S BEEN HERE........WORSE RECORD THAN HUGHES.

Carl with Hughes we would have kept the ball on the ground thats why we scored a lot tonight every ball seemed to be lumped forwaed for Ade to contest against three giants.When we did play football in the first 25 minutes we mullered them so why did we change go figure.

under hughes teams feared us, under mancini teams laugh at us
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Redna » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:i feel badly for Mancini. He walked into a situation where he was almost doomed to fail.

I don't really rate him much as a football manager after the last 2 months, but i think he's probably a good person who really wants our success. it's too bad he likely won't be able to figure it out, even if he's given forever and a day.

We need to hire a proven Premier League winner. End of story.

We could hire the Allmighty himself or his son. It wouldn't make a change whatsoever. Both would be sacked after a couple of months. It's in the MCFC nature. Doomed.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:38 pm

agree with everything except the last bit.
Jose is just as dire to watch.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:38 pm

I'm looking forward to the team concentrate on securing 7th place this season. I firmly believe we can do it if we all pull together and just copy what the opposition did to us 20 mins ago. Bound to come right sooner or later. Wow I'm fucked off.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Mr Miyagi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:38 pm

bluej wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Can I remind people we are 5th in the table with a game in hand of the team in 4th.

If we finish 4th in the table at the end of the season it is "job done" by Mancini and his contract will get renewed. Simple as.

And will all the people saying he is shit be back on here to wipe the egg off their face ??? I bet not.

If we get 4th then I will be happy to hold my hands up and say he got the job done. But can you really see us getting 4th playing like this?

I think this is the only view we can take, and it's big of you to admit it. Because it might not be pretty getting there, but if we get top 4 then the result would be everything. The club would take off bigtime. Then the fun can start. Personally I don't give a toss if we bore our way to 4th. It's only 12 games. If it is dross to watch I don't a shit now. If he fails to get 4th he can pack his bags. Those are the stakes and he knew what he was taking on.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 pm

Confirmed!!

Most users ever online was 498 on 24 Feb 2010 22:35
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby bobadji » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 pm

Speaking of former managers, Sven's quit recently? ;)
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ned

Postby dick dastardley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:41 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:And I notice the numbers of people logged on is going up by the minute.

Everyone coming out of the wood-work to sound off and speak their brains.

we're in for a great 24 hours aren't we.... here we go.... nothing like a bad result to get the crowds out////

you could have said that about nearly every game hes been in charge of over the past month!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:41 pm

OK I'll join but there is no point in going OTT after a result that frankly isn't the greatest surprise. And before anyone has a go yes i am totally gutted but what I want to hear thoughts on is the comment made on this thread which I seem to hear a lot of , namely:
" they do not play like they want to win it! Stoke outplayed us for most of that game, because THEY WANT TO WIN!"

Now forget the fact that I don't agree that Stoke outplayed us but the idea that we don't want to win the game baffles me! How can you tell that? What is it that suggests we don't want to win this game or any game?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:44 pm

gillie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
gillie wrote:

Sorry, is that the same Hughes that had first Hart and then Given lump the ball into the opposition centre halves at every opportunity? The same Hughes that bought 'shit touch for a big man' Santa Cruz?

I'm not convinced Mancini's the man and I'd be surprised if he's here in August, but let's not rewrite history
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blue 68 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 pm

We're just a fucking joke, repeat...................
Pissed me off Stoke singing our own songs back to us
Agree 7th is the Target now and Everton are finishing higher than that.
Overpaid.com, gonna go bust sometime soon, whole of Europe suffers but in England it's gonna happen first!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:You weren't saying the same last season when we lost to fucking Forest under the mune.

Why is that?

YOU WANTED MANCINI AND HE IS FUCKING SHITE, do you still believe he is the messiah?

you thought it'd happen in two months? To get these lazy turds playing who had got used to no tactics and no team discipline?

you're a city fan so i 'love' you and would like to have you as a friend - but i disagree with almost everything you say about city and by seeing your posts on here everyday think you are the most stubborn person in the world
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:OK I'll join but there is no point in going OTT after a result that frankly isn't the greatest surprise. And before anyone has a go yes i am totally gutted but what I want to hear thoughts on is the comment made on this thread which I seem to hear a lot of , namely:
" they do not play like they want to win it! Stoke outplayed us for most of that game, because THEY WANT TO WIN!"

Now forget the fact that I don't agree that Stoke outplayed us but the idea that we don't want to win the game baffles me! How can you tell that? What is it that suggests we don't want to win this game or any game?

Half-time I switched on 5Live they said we'd dominated the 1st half and should have been infront, maybe it's just too personal for us to be objective?
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Bluez » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Why is that?

Don't tell Mancini, otherwise we might end up starting with 7 defenders.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blue 68 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Oh and Santa Cruz is shit
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Didn't think there was a lack of desire from most of the players myself. Just think we have a manager who's turned one of the best attacking teams in the PL into Fulham.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum