sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:17 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Offer them 45m take it or leave it. If we get him, move onto the next target.
If they say no, go straight for Pogba and leave Sterling until next year. Then they'll take 35m

We missed out on Hazard because we did the morally correct thing and didnt pay his agent 5 million....................we dont want to fuck up again.

I say fuck it...give the theiving cunts 50 million , they will only do a Baldrick and buy a fuckign Turnip with the money.

Hazard was already better than sterling at Lille and was cheaper.

Comparing the two is comical.

Can't beleie I'm about defend Carl, feel dirty, but..........

Comparing the two isn't conical, there both attacking players we've attemptd to buy. The current saga looks just like the hazard one in that we are now in a position where we go above what we want to pay or lose out (if the papers are to be believed.)

That's a lot of similarities right off the bat.

and i don't believe he was better at Lille at all...very similar sitch if you ask me.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:36 am

I know its only youtube, but just watched this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQWvaiaWssw

It's easy to forget how much potential he has and he's only 20. He's got so much that most of our players don't have. He potentially has it all. Just give the scousers the money for ffs, who cares.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby phips » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:42 am

recently Vieira said there was competition for Sterling. do you think that's true?
of course if Liverpool were demanding only 30m or something then there would be but at their asking price of 50m (which may drop to 45m or something just to push a deal through) it doesn't seem like other clubs (Chelsea, Bayern, PSG, Arsenal, etc) are actually interested.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
Barclays Premier League 2023-2024 CH4MPIONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:45 am

phips wrote:recently Vieira said there was competition for Sterling. do you think that's true?
of course if Liverpool were demanding only 30m or something then there would be but at their asking price of 50m (which may drop to 45m or something just to push a deal through) it doesn't seem like other clubs (Chelsea, Bayern, PSG, Arsenal, etc) are actually interested.

He didn't actually say that though did he? He said if he's in the market other clubs would be interested. That doesn't mean we're competing against them it just means they're interested.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wooders » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:13 am

Apparently chelsea are readying a 40 million bid and are "very interested"
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:21 am

Wooders wrote:Apparently chelsea are readying a 40 million bid and are "very interested"

The same £40 million that we already bid and was already rejected? Interesting...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby twosips » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:26 am

Surely it'd be a no brainer for Sterling between us and Chelsea. He's clearly improve us whereas at Chelsea, given Mourinho's style, he'd be up against Hazard for the same role.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:31 am

Seems a deal is done to me somewhere as Liverpool have spunked 29 millions on that Firmino character and want Bacca for 20 millions.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:39 am

twosips wrote:Surely it'd be a no brainer for Sterling between us and Chelsea. He's clearly improve us whereas at Chelsea, given Mourinho's style, he'd be up against Hazard for the same role.

he would choose his home town over manchester any day of the week
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:14 am

Wonderwall wrote:
twosips wrote:Surely it'd be a no brainer for Sterling between us and Chelsea. He's clearly improve us whereas at Chelsea, given Mourinho's style, he'd be up against Hazard for the same role.

Exactly. Though the only reason Mourinho would buy him would be to stop us having him. I seriously doubt he would be a regular at Chelsea
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:29 am

nottsblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Exactly. Though the only reason Mourinho would buy him would be to stop us having him. I seriously doubt he would be a regular at Chelsea

Dont think Uncle Roman will allow that sort of nonsense anymore
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:49 am

I can see the sterling deal speeding up now that the scousers have just paid £30m for that household name Virmino.
No need to worry about Bodgers wasting the Sterling money, he has already done it!!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:25 am

It does seem as if City have got this wrapped up, & of course the scouse moneymen are supposed to be headed to Chile, which is where Txiki was a few days ago, so some of our money men could be there with him, perhaps sort both deals at the same time.

I wonder if the Count casting his deathly gaze over Firminho was a hurry up to the scousers.

I've not seen much of Firminho, but he came on as sub in a game for Brazil the other day, to replace some complete bag of shite no mark, non entity they had playing instead of him. Then he was shite.

Just to add: if it is actually the case though that City stopped at 40 mil, anything Liverpool are spending could just as easily be coming from Chelsea. They will sign him, if they can, I have no doubt about that whatsoever.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:01 am

If Chelsea sign him, I'm not sure there are enough players on the market of the right quality for us to make up the gap.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:04 am

Slim wrote:If Chelsea sign him, I'm not sure there are enough players on the market of the right quality for us to make up the gap.

I am sure we will tie this up, however, say Jose dived in and nicked him.The John Terry comments sent a red flag up with me ! How would our Chairman take that.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:04 am

Slim wrote:If Chelsea sign him, I'm not sure there are enough players on the market of the right quality for us to make up the gap.

Be very difficult in one season.

Get rid of that little wank Oscar, get a backup striker, add Sterling, I'd pay 60 mil for Sterling in that circumstance if I was Mourinho, never mind 50.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 am

Hazy2 wrote:

I am sure we will tie this up, however, say Jose dived in and nicked him.The John Terry comments sent a red flag up with me ! How would our Chairman take that.

It would be nothing to do with any fault by anybody, it would be Sterling either choosing Chelsea, or City being outbid.

If they want him that badly all they have to do, is bid higher. Nobody has to be a scapegoat for it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:34 am

Mourinho would love to pull a Willian on us. That is a concern, despite the price.

Surely they would be willing to sell Oscar or Ramires.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:18 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

It would be nothing to do with any fault by anybody, it would be Sterling either choosing Chelsea, or City being outbid.

If they want him that badly all they have to do, is bid higher. Nobody has to be a scapegoat for it.

If he signed for them, I have no problem, 50 mill is crazy, what would be a concern is Jose doing to us what he did with Spurs.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Be very difficult in one season.

Get rid of that little wank Oscar, get a backup striker, add Sterling, I'd pay 60 mil for Sterling in that circumstance if I was Mourinho, never mind 50.

because...like we could have done with Hazard a few seasons ago...he basically sews up the title on paper before a ball is kicked. A lot can change, but...these moves matter.

We'd better not fuck this summer up or i might be on the pseudo-xenophobe-Spafia out bandwagon. I'll be begging for leatherface to get his chainsaw out and chase me around the woods.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum