sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:59 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wooders wrote:It might be a good point about waiting a season for him though - I really don't think any of the others will fork out 50 million either - wait until jan & a cheeky loan bid??

I think the whole reason we're willing to bid so high is to get our man now, if we wait the price will drop but that'll also mean that others would be chasing his signature.

Chelsea will buy him if they find the money available after filling their priority positions. And if we dump on him after tapping im up, he will go anywhere but City.

Getting 1 in might just be the start, I hope so as 50 mill is an arse kicking, neither his agent or us seem to have seen coming. Bodgers if they get 50 mill has whooped us in Public, The process of bids has also been from the scouse end, Cringy for such a big fee. 50 mill is mental, we have to get him or look like chumps.

It's a tricky situation. Liverpool probably want to move him this window, but they may also figure they still have a small chance of keeping him and it could blow over, and maybe he tries to win the fans back. Look at us with the Tevez saga. More likely is that if they don't move him this window they can still get something close to the 50m in January from us, and maybe we will seem more desperate. Are we really going to sign Delph at inflated wages instead? How will Sterling perform if he stays? Will it do him good to not put in good performances?

Seems other clubs will still be interested, but there is the Barkley situation and what happened there with his fall as hottest English prospect. Yet, in that case he was seriously injured. I think there is a good chance this will go down for around 45m later in the window, as I think they are trying to get the max money they can. They don't need to move him now unless we match their valuation, unless they see players they could get now rather than later. The way Rogers spent the Suarez money may also lead Liverpool's board to be less interested in selling to fund other transfers, and just use what they gave him already, which would mean even less reason for Rogers to want to sell him.

Bottom line is they probably feel we are quite desperate to sign him given the options out there and our needs, so they will look to get the most for him from us, which tells me this saga could go on all summer.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wooders wrote:It might be a good point about waiting a season for him though - I really don't think any of the others will fork out 50 million either - wait until jan & a cheeky loan bid??

I think the whole reason we're willing to bid so high is to get our man now, if we wait the price will drop but that'll also mean that others would be chasing his signature.

Chelsea will buy him if they find the money available after filling their priority positions. And if we dump on him after tapping im up, he will go anywhere but City.

Getting 1 in might just be the start, I hope so as 50 mill is an arse kicking, neither his agent or us seem to have seen coming. Bodgers if they get 50 mill has whooped us in Public, The process of bids has also been from the scouse end, Cringy for such a big fee. 50 mill is mental, we have to get him or look like chumps.

Course we have seen it coming. It's half what Pellegrini said he thought he would cost, about 2 months ago.
100 mill I hope was a throw away comment, it has kept us ticking over with idle chat. He should be saying 80 for Pogba, sorry hold that thought that could be 160 mill. Plus wages, however we get it over the line is not bothering me if I am honest, the Scousers milking it as a coup, is horrible if they get the dough.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:13 pm

sheblue wrote:If we can believe what we hear and read were to back with another bid @ around 45m, I like Sterling but at 45-50 million its a lot of money for the risk involved.

We are said to have spent 42m on Mangala who is also not the finished article, a bit older yes, but not worth that much unless you factor in the market for top quality/top quality potential centre halves with size and pace who are more than decent with the ball at their feet (which attacking oriented clubs all want in their firs team), and the money we/the Premier League has in it.

The current transfer market is dictating how this is going, and folks should recall what our chairman said in the recent interview on this specifically. He pretty much says this in his own words. We are in a position where the market is expected to be increasingly nuts for buying clubs/leagues with money and their needs that selling clubs know the buyers want to fill, combined with the limited options for world class talent/world class (English in our case) potential when you are not Real Madrid, Barca or Bayern. Chelsea who are clearly more reputable but with less funds than us are also worried about homegrown players with Terry and Cahill getting older.

Sterling is also much more of a need for us than Chelsea right now, as is the same with Arsenal, who have far more homegrown players than we do. Liverpool know this and will milk every drop from us they can to sell someone they clearly do not wish to at all. If Real Madrid kept hollering for Kun and he wanted to go we'd also be trying to get as much as possible, and you couldn't really blame us either. Some will say Sterling isn't as good or "world class" but that's not taking into account the other variables at play which are quite important.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:09 pm

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2501115/man- ... id-sources

Manchester City's hierarchy have given the green light for the club to make a £50 million offer for Liverpool and England star Raheem Sterling, sources have told ESPNFC.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:20 pm

PrezIke wrote:http://www.espnfc.us/story/2501115/man-city-will-green-light--50m-raheem-sterling-bid-sources

Manchester City's hierarchy have given the green light for the club to make a £50 million offer for Liverpool and England star Raheem Sterling, sources have told ESPNFC.

Oh my goodness.

Please let this not be true.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:41 pm

Hazy2 wrote:100 mill I hope was a throw away comment, it has kept us ticking over with idle chat. He should be saying 80 for Pogba, sorry hold that thought that could be 160 mill. Plus wages, however we get it over the line is not bothering me if I am honest, the Scousers milking it as a coup, is horrible if they get the dough.

It's a comment showing everybody that when we try to sign Sterling or similar (as these things begin months in advance, rather than the last minute, or 'doing fuck all' accustations some lunatics make re Marwood/Txiki etc) we are going to be asked for stupid money.

For all we know, the 50 mil bid may have been in since then & we are just letting Liverpool show off, as we did Everton with Lescott.

I'd be surprised if Barkley goes for much less. But it's possible I suppose due to him not being as much of a key player for Everton.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:45 pm

I don't think this deal will rumble on for long. It has a look of end game about it now. Barkley won't fetch big money now. They missed out on that last summer.
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I don't think this deal will rumble in for long. It has a look of end game about it now. Barkley won't fetch big money now. They missed out on that last summer.

No point in Everton selling him for less than 'big money'. One good season & he's a 50 mil player easily.

Would make no sense for them to let him go for anything but fairly stuipid money. It's not as if he isn't worth a place at Everton. Lukaku cost them 28 million quid.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Seems like it's getting close.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:21 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I don't think this deal will rumble in for long. It has a look of end game about it now. Barkley won't fetch big money now. They missed out on that last summer.

No point in Everton selling him for less than 'big money'. One good season & he's a 50 mil player easily.

Would make no sense for them to let him go for anything but fairly stuipid money. It's not as if he isn't worth a place at Everton. Lukaku cost them 28 million quid.

On the other hand, if they got twenty million snots for a player who has another bang average season, they will be laughing up their sleeves.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:23 pm

sheblue wrote:Seems like it's getting close.

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

(maybe)
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:31 pm

http://tomkinstimes.com/wp-content/uplo ... PER-V2.jpg

To put things in perspective.

Adjusted for inflation in 2013-14:

Would be less than Kun and slightly more than Duff.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

On the other hand, if they got twenty million snots for a player who has another bang average season, they will be laughing up their sleeves.

He's only 21.

Have a look at the difference in Alan Shearer's record at a similar age compared to a year or so later.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

He's only 21.

Have a look at the difference in Alan Shearer's record at a similar age compared to a year or so later.

True, but how many players shine brightly briefly, never to live up to their potential rather than turn things round to fulfill the initial promise.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Plenty, but they are often speed merchants or similar or pissheads.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:46 pm

No balking at Juve valuation if our bar is set. We could get all 3.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:48 pm

You could be right, but he was considered a nailed on future star before, now he has a lot to prove again
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:49 pm

Hazy2 wrote:No balking at Juve valuation if our bar is set. We could get all 3.

Don't forget Jack Wilshire.

Carl will be fucking gutted if he slips through our fingers.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:51 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:You could be right, but he was considered a nailed on future star before, now he has a lot to prove again

Absoultely, & he may not do it, but is he going to end up so much worse than Jack Rodwell or Javi Garcia ? They were going for decent money.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:No balking at Juve valuation if our bar is set. We could get all 3.

Don't forget Jack Wilshire.

Carl will be fucking gutted if he slips through our fingers.

i feel like the only human being in the world who would like Jack the Lad at City. Fuck it. I think he'd fit right the fuck in and cunts like Vince and Yaya would scare him straight. No smoking. Evah.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum