Team v Liverpool

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Team v Liverpool

Postby Murph » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:38 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Our width in Mancini's preferred systems would be created by the fullbacks, both of whom are missing.

That's the main reason I'd play Barry at LB tonight, think he'd offer us a lot more going forward then Lescott would. Point taken about Lescott's usefulness attacking and defending set plays though.
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ant london » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:42 am

london blue 2 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
bluej wrote:Outside of the rags, the team I would love us to smash this season would be the dippers.

Nah...it's got to be bluescouse by a mile...

champions league spuds for me

ditto for me....mauling Spurs at Eastlands....maybe also in a cup would make me very very happy
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Murph wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Our width in Mancini's preferred systems would be created by the fullbacks, both of whom are missing.

That's the main reason I'd play Barry at LB tonight, think he'd offer us a lot more going forward then Lescott would. Point taken about Lescott's usefulness attacking and defending set plays though.

Gareth "Mr Slow" Barry at left back against Glen Johnson would give me and him nightmares!

Best to have Lescott there and Barry doubling up as the extra midfielder on the left hand side.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:52 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:According to RAWK ITKs the Liverpool team will be as follows

Reina

Johnson Carragher Skrtel Aurelio

Mascherano Poulsen

Kuyt Gerrard Jovanovic

Torres

They are now saying Mascherano is injured and not in the squad so N'Gog will play in a 4-4-2.

Good news for us if true, will hopefully make it a bit more of an attacking game.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby citytilliporkpie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Hart
Kolo kompany lescott
Johnson yaya ndj milner silva
Tevez ade

3-5-2 attack is the best form of defence
citytilliporkpie
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:19 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:According to RAWK ITKs the Liverpool team will be as follows

Reina

Johnson Carragher Skrtel Aurelio

Mascherano Poulsen

Kuyt Gerrard Jovanovic

Torres

They are now saying Mascherano is injured and not in the squad so N'Gog will play in a 4-4-2.

Good news for us if true, will hopefully make it a bit more of an attacking game.

Mascherano to Barcelona is the current rumour. Never did replace that 'holding midfielder' Touré.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:33 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Murph wrote:

Gareth "Mr Slow" Barry at left back against Glen Johnson would give me and him nightmares!

Best to have Lescott there and Barry doubling up as the extra midfielder on the left hand side.

Gareth Barry is not slow - he is stately
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum