Milner In, Superman Out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Milner In, Superman Out

Postby bobby brows » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:58 pm

i feeled like i've been kicked in the bollox! any chance that milner will fail the medical?

villa have got a great deal there!
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby The Foggy Blue » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Mike J wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:[youtube]1HRph2r9wqI[/youtube]

Thanks for the memories Ireland. Always sad to lose someone who loves the club like the fans do but I think you'll be better off at Villa.

And the way City conduct business with employees and playing staff when they are no longer wanted is absolutely appalling. Classless and unnecessary.

completely agree, its a disgrace.

This.

Missing you already Superman.
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby blootoof » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 pm

One thing I'll say about Milner, you'll get a performance of equal measures whether at home in the summer or a tough away game in the middle of winter. He aint solar powered like our(?) Robbi.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Mike J wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:[strike]Mancini is making tough decisions.[/strike]Cook is sacking everyone who has the balls to disagree with him

Corrected for you ;-)

I wish i was getting sacked to another 1-5 year deal on amazing money.

Its a hard life eh?

Spot on, Stevie did good work here for one season and has done sweet f.a after that, he will no doubt leave us with a massive pay off and to join a champions league chasing team on 50K+ a week. I struggle to see why i should feel sorry for him.

yes he is on alot of money like most footballers. but he was one of the very few left that absolutely loves the club, the rest probably dont give a fuck about it. that matters alot to me personally.

i think its a very sad day to see him go.

i must say im getting pissed off with the club at the moment.

What is the difference between Ireland being Sold, and any other player or fan favourite from the past Mike?

In the past we have sold players to keep our heads above water. Now we are selling them because we have bought a player which will improve/upgrade.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ScapeGoat » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:08 pm

xavi6 wrote:I'm very disappointed.

We were all disappointed when we signed Bellamy, and now everyone is disappointed that he's leaving. So give the lad a chance...
ScapeGoat
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:10 pm

Kladze wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:

Mancini is making tough decisions.

He has no option but to make tough decisions. The 25 man ruling and ....... it is tough at the top.

Agreed!

That is is job - and Cook's and Marwood's - it has to be done - we would be finding fault if we just left every one wallowing about and compromised the rotation policy just to share out the games - we are a big club now - with that comes a need for some toughness
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby King Kev » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:10 pm

ramckaymancity wrote:i feeled like i've been kicked in the bollox! any chance that milner will fail the medical?

villa have got a great deal there!
Yep, Learner and Co must be laughing their bollocks off.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby petrov » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:10 pm

Aston Villa - £30m plus and a good footballer.
City - 2 average midfielders who are overrated and overpriced cause of their nationality.

Randay Lerner = genious/prick
Gary Cook and Marwood = retarded pricks.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby dazby » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Gutted. This has put me in a bad mood for 4 or 5 days now. I love Stevie and think fuck all of Milner.

Just gutted.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby BostonBlue » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:13 pm

It amazes me that so many people are ITK regarding how the club conduct business behind closed doors. I really would like to know how people know what has transpired with Ireland and Bellamy behind closed doors with all these comments aimed at the club? Is it not just because supporters are sentimental and there's no room for that anymore?
As for Ireland, bottom line is he's not good enough for where we want to be, does anybody serioulsy think he is? And lets not forget while the tears are flowing this is a guy that also turned his back on his country. Tell me who in their early 20's would not want to play for England, Ireland, Wales or whowever your country is?
BostonBlue
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby Mike J » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 pm

What is the difference between Ireland being Sold, and any other player or fan favourite from the past Mike?

In the past we have sold players to keep our heads above water. Now we are selling them because we have bought a player which will improve/upgrade.

because we dont need to sell him. and we are selling an extrememly gifted footballer that many believe still had alot to offer the club.

there have not been many players at the club that have ever said they wanted a stand built after him. i happy milner is coming, but a bit gutted that its at the expense of ireland.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:15 pm

Lets face it Ireland wouldn't get a game for Bobby...simple as that...so id rather Milner come in and get pitch time than someone pissed off on the bench

We get a great midfielder...they get a reinvigorated Ireland who will no doubt do well for them

It's win-win IMO
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby petrov » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:20 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Lets face it Ireland wouldn't get a game for Bobby...simple as that...so id rather Milner come in and get pitch time than someone pissed off on the bench

We get a great midfielder...they get a reinvigorated Ireland who will no doubt do well for them

It's win-win IMO

I've yet to see anything great from Milner tbh and my brothers whose a Villa supporter said the same. He had one top season (last season) before that was very average. I'm sceptical of this one. We should have learned from one season wonders RSC and Jo. He is nowhere near worth £26m and certainly not worth Ireland and £16m. I have a feeling we'll live to regret this one as well tbh, villa mugging us again.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby xavi6 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:24 pm

ScapeGoat wrote:
xavi6 wrote:I'm very disappointed.

We were all disappointed when we signed Bellamy, and now everyone is disappointed that he's leaving. So give the lad a chance...

It's nothing personal against Milner. Ireland has been my favourite player for a long time now.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby dikdik » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:27 pm

The only thing more furiously annoying than Francis Lee going to Derby was the fact that I had to wait 25 years for the internet to be invented so I could vent my spleen!
Shame. Shame. Shame.

Goodbye Francis and thank you...

There now... better out than in.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby King Kev » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:28 pm

dikdik wrote:The only thing more furiously annoying than Francis Lee going to Derby was the fact that I had to wait 25 years for the internet to be invented so I could vent my spleen!
Shame. Shame. Shame.

Goodbye Francis and thank you...

There now... better out than in.
Ha ha, brilliant!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:28 pm

Uck soo fed up of this Ireland love in on this forum.

Stevie loves this club eh? Well i'll be bolloxed if i've seen that "Passion" for our club on the pitch since his purple patch year, this pre season he had a chance to shine and get back in the squad, what happened, he put in some of the limpest performances i've seen from a footballer. Period.

Also those slating Milner before he signed need to get real. Milner is a footballer who's ability is of a higher level than Stevie's AND who works his nuts off every game, just the type of player we want here, a true champion. I mean take last Saturdays villa game for example, he could have sulked and been non committed due to the impending transfer to us but no, the lad ran the show and scored a goal. Exactly the type of attitude Stevie could learn from.

People need to wake up to the fact we are upgrading a player here, Stevie is not cut out for a top team challenging for honours, he has to go and Milner is the perfect replacement.

Frankly i'm delighted we are getting Milner and are getting shot of the unbelievably overrated Ireland.

One purple patch doesn't make a player awesome forever. Ask Benjani.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby smurfsdabomb » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Would be a top deal for Villa, if Stevie gets his head together the skys the limit for his talent.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:31 pm

petrov wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Lets face it Ireland wouldn't get a game for Bobby...simple as that...so id rather Milner come in and get pitch time than someone pissed off on the bench

It's win-win IMO

I've yet to see anything great from Milner tbh and my brothers whose a Villa supporter said the same. He had one top season (last season) before that was very average. I'm sceptical of this one. We should have learned from one season wonders RSC and Jo. He is nowhere near worth £26m and certainly not worth Ireland and £16m. I have a feeling we'll live to regret this one as well tbh, villa mugging us again.

Pull the other one mate. He's being having solid seasons for a few years now. For Leeds, Newcastle and Villa. And now he's an England international.
What the hell has Ireland done?? Apart from blame every fuckin ex-manager for his shit season before? He had one good season, which in my opinion had a lot to do with linking up well with Robinho, and again last season he was very poor. Why do you think no big clubs have been after him??? I thought Fergie had his eye on him? I thought Liverpool were well interested? There's a reason that we only had offers from Sunderland and Villa.
The difference between Milner and Ireland is that one will get his head down and work his bollocks off, even when we're playing Stoke away in the middle of December. And the other one will have his head everywhere else but in the game actually being played, probably thinking up his next colour to put on his car alloys!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Craig B » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Blue Blood wrote:
One purple patch doesn't make a player awesome forever. Ask Benjani.

Or Lee Bradbury
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum