What the hell has happened to my beloved club?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What the hell has happened to my beloved club?

Postby crossan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:20 pm

ashton287 wrote:The price of success though, every big club has been run like a business for the last 15 years and now even the small clubs have to start doing it just to survive. Football has become too popular and too important to the people who run it to let there be any kind of emotion involved. From now on it's about cash. Were not fans anymore were just numbers in the clubs bank account but it's not going to stop me loving the club.

Would of been nice to see our home grown lads break the top four and bring us a trophy, would have meant twice as much to me anyway. They couldn't though and now it's time to let the "mercenaries" do it instead. Brings mixed emotions, I'm happy that my son is going to grow up watching city win trophy after trophy but a bit sad that he won't appreciate the high's were going to have because he's never experienced the low's that we've been through.

CITY TILL I FUCKING DIE.

Great post mate and I too am 'City til I die' believe it or not but I have to say that I don't like the way things are being done right now,yes I hope that those fans who have never experienced us winning anything meaningful manage to acheive it and good luck to them,the difference is I saw the true glory years when we won trophies by players who were blue through and through end of.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:21 pm

crossan wrote:I saw the true glory years when we won trophies by players who were blue through and through end of.

name the city fans amongst the '68 side.
The Man In Blue

Postby crossan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:24 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
crossan wrote:I saw the true glory years when we won trophies by players who were blue through and through end of.

Pardoe,Doyle,Young,Connor,Oakes,Bell,Lee,Summerbee,Book,Dowd,Cheetham spring to mind!
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:25 pm

crossan wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

Pardoe,Doyle,Young,Connor,Oakes,Bell,Lee,Summerbee,Book,Dowd,Cheetham spring to mind!

yeah, all manc born and bred them lads. would have played for nowt but the love of the club.

get real mate.
The Man In Blue

Postby branny » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:29 pm

After 34 years of the cupboard was bare, i'm ready to see em win something again. I don't care how they do it or which 11 do it but I just wanna see it and enjoy it. I was 8 years old when we won the league cup in 76. I've suffered enough.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:32 pm

crossan wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

You're bloody deluded mate.

Even the thread title is delusional come to think of it.

"What the hell has happened to my beloved club?"

Shouldn't that be OUR beloved club?
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby crossan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:34 pm

Kladze wrote:
crossan wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

You're bloody deluded mate.

Even the thread title is delusional come to think of it.

"What the hell has happened to my beloved club?"

Shouldn't that be OUR beloved club?

Nay lad I was talking from a personal perspective....................
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:39 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
crossan wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

yeah, all manc born and bred them lads. would have played for nowt but the love of the club.

get real mate.

Not at all raggish.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:49 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:
crossan wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

get real mate.

Not at all raggish.

eh?

off the top of my head - bell, durham? lee, sunderland? summerbee, swindon? doyle was from stockport.

tony book was southern, only manc in there i know for certain is neil young. my point is that footy has always been a job for people. always. if you think labelling someone a rag for pointing that out is ok then safe.
The Man In Blue

Postby cdncityfan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:58 pm

I don't so much mind the financial outlay, but some of the behaviour of our club is quite disturbing. How Ireland and Bellamy are being forced out the door quite publicly displays a quite disturbing level of disrespect and discourtesy. Especially with Bellamy, who was for much of last season our best or second best player. All this while Patrick Vieira is still on payroll. If this was a singular incident, it could be different, but it is not. A few examples: i) Our transfer behaviour hangs on the edge of the rules in persuing players when their clubs do not want to sell; ii) How the club handled Mark Hughes' sacking, regardless of whether you thought it was necessary or not. I really don't like the attitude of an arrogant rich club and I fear it is creeping into our club, as it did with Chelsea.
As for 'glory hunter' fans, we are starting to get quite a few in North America. Perhaps not as their fist choice, but as a club they are following 'just in case', while still supporting their favourite team.
Manchester City FC: the class of the Premier League!
cdncityfan
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Rangers / City
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:01 pm

cdncityfan wrote:I don't so much mind the financial outlay, but some of the behaviour of our club is quite disturbing. How Ireland and Bellamy are being forced out the door quite publicly displays a quite disturbing level of disrespect and discourtesy. Especially with Bellamy, who was for much of last season our best or second best player. All this while Patrick Vieira is still on payroll. If this was a singular incident, it could be different, but it is not. A few examples: i) Our transfer behaviour hangs on the edge of the rules in persuing players when their clubs do not want to sell; ii) How the club handled Mark Hughes' sacking, regardless of whether you thought it was necessary or not. I really don't like the attitude of an arrogant rich club and I fear it is creeping into our club, as it did with Chelsea.
As for 'glory hunter' fans, we are starting to get quite a few in North America. Perhaps not as their fist choice, but as a club they are following 'just in case', while still supporting their favourite team.
}

Bellemy has shown a great deal of this himself.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:07 pm

The sentiment went out of football a very long time ago when they started paying footballers stupid wages and they became like pop stars.

I don't feel sorry for the likes of Bellemy or Stevie I'm sure they both picked up nice wages on Friday and both can still put food on the table and clothes on there kids. Enough football players have fucked my beloved City off for a so called bigger clubs or better wages such as Paul Stewart, SWP Anelka and so on and so on.....well the shoe is filmly on our foot now and if we pick a trophy in May no one will give a fook who is playing for the club and where our soul has gone.

I'm sorry to the older generation who feel we have lost our soul but things change and for City it's been for the better. I want to live in a world where City win trophys not where we are everyones 2nd team and a laughing stock. 34 years is a long time.......
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby cdncityfan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Perhaps I have missed a newsclipping or two, but I do not see where Bellamy has shown the club any discourtesy. Wanting your situation to be sorted out when you are near the end of your career is the minimum which should be expected. Perhaps there is more behind the scenes, I don't really know. Honestly, I really don't like to hear the club is freezing people out and pushing them out the door. I really can't stand the rags and Chelsea for that kind of behaviour, and don't like it any better because City is doing it.
Manchester City FC: the class of the Premier League!
cdncityfan
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Rangers / City
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Oh dear, Crossan is having beginning season wobble, roll on Christmas so you can step back into your 4 week happy place!

So much said already by others...

I was 10 in 76 when we last won any any sort of proper value, since then fook all, yes I was at Wembley to see us beat Gillingham and was the best day of my footballing following life as an adult and we have reminised lovingly on here many a time BUT....

FFS we celebrated like we'd won the world cup when reality all we had done was dig ourselves out of the mire and on the path back!!!

And that has been our biggest achievement!!

Like was discussed much more calmly in Lytham's thread the other day, it is a new City and it will sit uncomfortably with many during transition, but it is time to move on and hate all the shit the "press" write at the moment and every conversation of a foorball nature I have is people dissing us.

I have spent 98% of my life living down south amongst Chelsea fans and of course plastic RAGS.

I now have a six year old son who I am trying to keep on track as a City fan, imagine how hard that is due to locale!!

So Crossan I am sorry that you believe all you read, you should do what I do and don't fookin read it let alone fookin believe it!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby crossan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:11 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Oh dear, Crossan is having beginning season wobble, roll on Christmas so you can step back into your 4 week happy place!

I was 10 in 76 when we last won any any sort of proper value, since then fook all, yes I was at Wembley to see us beat Gillingham and was the best day of my footballing following life as an adult and we have reminised lovingly on here many a time BUT....

FFS we celebrated like we'd won the world cup when reality all we had done was dig ourselves out of the mire and on the path back!!!

Like was discussed much more calmly in Lytham's thread the other day, it is a new City and it will sit uncomfortably with many during transition, but it is time to move on and hate all the shit the "press" write at the moment and every conversation of a foorball nature I have is people dissing us.

I have spent 98% of my life living down south amongst Chelsea fans and of course plastic RAGS.

I now have a six year old son who I am trying to keep on track as a City fan, imagine how hard that is due to locale!!

So Crossan I am sorry that you believe all you read, you should do what I do and don't fookin read it let alone fookin believe it!

Well I hope your 6 year old does not have any players name on the back of his shirt as it seems it will be outdated in a season or so....
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby Crossie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:21 pm

To win the league and cup winners cup back in the late 60's, did we spend big a few years before and during to get ourselves to that level? I know the money is different now due to inflation and City based transfer fee inflation. But we didnt assemble that team for free did we? or did we? I dont know.

I rather think that we probably spent quite abit of money back then getting that team together, then the managerial double team worked like a dream to add the icing on the cake.

Football moved on, we got left behind. Now we are catching up. When things settle again, normal will be City winning year after year. I hope everyone is ok with that?

We could be nicey nicey catchy feely about our business, but it would take 3 times longer. Why not ruffle a few feathers and skip a few seasons now, being being twatty, and have it all pay back with a faster return of success?
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:27 pm

I stopped having sentiment and rose-tinted recollections for players the moment they flapped their gums to the press (which includes most of our current squad plus nearly the entire remnants of last season's squad) - if they want to play the media game they can fuck off and do it on some other club's wages because I'm sick of listening to the same old shit.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:31 pm

cdncityfan wrote:Perhaps I have missed a newsclipping or two, but I do not see where Bellamy has shown the club any discourtesy. Wanting your situation to be sorted out when you are near the end of your career is the minimum which should be expected. Perhaps there is more behind the scenes, I don't really know. Honestly, I really don't like to hear the club is freezing people out and pushing them out the door. I really can't stand the rags and Chelsea for that kind of behaviour, and don't like it any better because City is doing it.

So you must have missed the spuds game end of last season then......also the disloytalty shown to Mancini when he had a passionate pop at Gollum....and the recent slaggings off of Mancini to the press which included him mentioning Tevez just for fine measure........very disrespectful.

I wanted Bellers to be icluded in the squad this year..but hes a cunt that has gone too far so Im not dissapointed anymore with the way the club has handled this.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:37 pm

crossan wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Oh dear, Crossan is having beginning season wobble, roll on Christmas so you can step back into your 4 week happy place!

Well I hope your 6 year old does not have any players name on the back of his shirt as it seems it will be outdated in a season or so....

Sorry Crossan another floored argument, players only lasting 5 mins was happening before even Thaksin when I first rememberibg you kick off!

No names is an obvoius shout for me being a frugle parent ;-)

Got to go, the bar I am in down Spain is filling with plastic RAGs

Adios mi amigo, for now anyway.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Crossan, I do think that every city fan would love to see 11 mancunians play for Man city and win everything year in year out, but the truth is, it isn't going to happen. (No club has ever won anything with 11 players from their respective town/city in England).

All we are doing at the mo is catching up with so called big 4 and what is unsettling people like you is the speed we are doing it at. Now, I havent seen city win anything of note and thought it unlikely I would in my lifetime, so quite franky i dont care how we go about it and certainly dont care what outsiders think. We are getting slaughtered from all around us, and so this is the time we as fans should stick together and look forward.

By the way mate, the old days werent as great as you seem to think. The way Sir Joe was bombed out of city was a disgrace, ditto Francis Lee. Also that 68 team were not all mancs and they certainly didnt grow up as blues. For example Mike Summerbee was a Villa fan.

So, Crossan just crack a tinnie open and chill out
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum