Vieria staying on...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vieria staying on...

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:43 am

The Man In Blue wrote:rubbish - far as i know Prior never won a world cup. or a european championship. or the premier league. or the FA cup. or serie a etc.

Mancini obviously trusts him. so we give him another season.

So we can sign anyone who has won something in Football regardless of their present ability?

The experience is useful - but I'm really disappointed that Mancini has given Vieira another season. There were some glimpses of good form but nowhere near enough. I'd use him sparingly and when others aren't available.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Vhero » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:16 am

Think we had signed him before Boateng otherwise I think this wouldn't have gone through as he could have covered that position. I honestly can't see any other logic behind this except Mancini likes having the guy around for some reason but the fact it costs us on the pitch is a bad thing...
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Wooders » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:05 am

Isn't he a player/coach now though?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby kinkylola » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:40 am

if anyone thinks that we are re-signing Vieira instead of going out and getting the midfield players we need ... well you're either winding yourselves up a bit too much or you're just plain dumb.

I do think it's the former though. In most cases. So relax, signings will come and Vieira will only play because of injuries/cup games/to give players a rest. simple.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Vhero » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:45 am

kinkylola wrote:if anyone thinks that we are re-signing Vieira instead of going out and getting the midfield players we need ... well you're either winding yourselves up a bit too much or you're just plain dumb.

I do think it's the former though. In most cases. So relax, signings will come and Vieira will only play because of injuries/cup games/to give players a rest. simple.

Maybe so but I still think we have enough depth in that position since we have like 5 players now including Vieira who can play DM. More than any other team in the prem? And we are still going to sign Yaya? The mind fucking worries sometimes..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:48 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:We get rid of Sylvhino and we keep Vierira???..what the fuck for?

I said in the very begining he will not be up to the rigours of premiership football and he proved that time and time again.

It's nonsense to keep him.

Because Mancini trusts him and he will be Mancini's man in the dressing room most probably.

I wasn't bothered when we signed Paddy and I still ain't. Wasn't bothered when we bought in Sylvinho either. In the great scheme of things who cares.

spot on.
If he can get his fitness up and playing in the level he did few times during the spring, then great. If not then he will not feature much. Can't see much downside on this.

Piss funny to see some people who have made shitloads of excuses for Santa Cruz going mental for free signing.

Piss funny to see you still think this guy is world class, although recently you stopped harping on about how he was such a good signing. I told you he'd be a pointless signing and not at all what we needed and he most certainly has proved that.

Santa has done fuck all too, but he has started about the same amount of games as Vieira and he's a back up striker. No truely world class strikers will sit on the bench and play only when called upon, so if you can tell me what strikers that will be happy to do this and are proven better than Santa, I'll tell you a few I'd have in mind instead of fucking Vieira.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:49 am

Original Dub wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:We get rid of Sylvhino and we keep Vierira???..what the fuck for?

I said in the very begining he will not be up to the rigours of premiership football and he proved that time and time again.

Because Mancini trusts him and he will be Mancini's man in the dressing room most probably.

I wasn't bothered when we signed Paddy and I still ain't. Wasn't bothered when we bought in Sylvinho either. In the great scheme of things who cares.

spot on.
If he can get his fitness up and playing in the level he did few times during the spring, then great. If not then he will not feature much. Can't see much downside on this.

Piss funny to see some people who have made shitloads of excuses for Santa Cruz going mental for free signing.

Piss funny to see you still think this guy is world class, although recently you stopped harping on about how he was such a good signing. I told you he'd be a pointless signing and not at all what we needed and he most certainly has proved that.

Santa has done fuck all too, but he has started about the same amount of games as Vieira and he's a back up striker. No truely world class strikers will sit on the bench and play only when called upon, so if you can tell me what strikers that will be happy to do this and are proven better than Santa, I'll tell you a few I'd have in mind instead of fucking Vieira.

Well said
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:28 am

Original Dub wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:

spot on.

Show me where I have said Vieira is world class?

Also, irony in the fact that you and Vhero are patting each others backs isn't completely lost on me.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby bobadji » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:45 am

Is there not a limit on squad size this season? And Vieria will take up one of them places, brilliant.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:09 pm

btajim wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:rubbish - far as i know Prior never won a world cup. or a european championship. or the premier league. or the FA cup. or serie a etc.

Mancini obviously trusts him. so we give him another season.

So we can sign anyone who has won something in Football regardless of their present ability?

don't be pedantic. i'm not advocating getting Romario in - Vieira's present ability enabled him to put in a great performance against one of the best sides in the league. but that's not the point, as you well know - i and others have repeatedly pointed out he should not be first choice centre mid.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Chinners » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:24 pm

bobadji wrote:Is there not a limit on squad size this season? And Vieria will take up one of them places, brilliant.

Was going to post something simmilar. We have 25 places, I'd rather have 25 players that will/have a chance to fight for a first team place. Vieria might just do that ... but can't see it myself
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:35 pm

3 pages on a freebie - I reckon we can get to 5 and then I'm starting a thread about Garrido and see how much mileage we can get out of that. Before I do a recap of the Paddy situation through the looking glass that is mancityfans.net

Having Paddy for another year will doom us to midtable whilst stunting the development of the younger players which so enrages Sheikh Mansour he shuts down the academy leading to huge amounts of hot air being expanded on the wisdom of this decision causing average world temperature to rise 3 degrees which in turn melts the polar ice caps thereby flooding the Stadium and triggering the breakdown of civilisation as we know it.

Yep. Its official. Signing Paddy will finally ruin football.

At least we are doing it in style though.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:36 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:don't be pedantic. i'm not advocating getting Romario in - Vieira's present ability enabled him to put in a great performance against one of the best sides in the league. but that's not the point, as you well know - i and others have repeatedly pointed out he should not be first choice centre mid.

A great performance? I presume you're talking about the Villa Match. I concur that he was good that day - but it's one Match.

He's Mancini's Buddy. He'll get picked.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:

spot on.

Show me where I have said Vieira is world class?

Also, irony in the fact that you and Vhero are patting each others backs isn't completely lost on me.

Even if the game of football quite clearly is? :)

You paraded on about the signing of Vieira - I'm not one to trawl back through posts but you know you were all over that signing and I was taking stick for saying it was a pointless one, which turned out to be the case.
Original Dub

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:38 pm

btajim wrote:He's Mancini's Buddy. He'll get picked.

Well. Let's both hope that Mancio does not work like that.
The Man In Blue

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:40 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:Well. Let's both hope that Mancio does not work like that.

The Guy was still starting or coming on as a Sub despite a string of below par performances last season. He's too slow.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:43 pm

btajim wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:Well. Let's both hope that Mancio does not work like that.

The Guy was still starting or coming on as a Sub despite a string of below par performances last season. He's too slow.

He's actually quite fast for an old man IMO.

Anyone who thinks this guy is 33 or whatever he's claiming needs their head checked. He was 33 when he left the prem more like.
Original Dub

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Original Dub wrote:He's actually quite fast for an old man IMO.

Anyone who thinks this guy is 33 or whatever he's claiming needs their head checked. He was 33 when he left the prem more like.

He's chasing a £5 note.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:47 pm

btajim wrote:

The Guy was still starting or coming on as a Sub despite a string of below par performances last season.

thinking about it, who else did we have for centre mid for the last few games of last season? Barry was playing ok but looking worn out, De Jong is, well, De Jong. Ireland had had a shocking season compared to the 08/09, and i doubt that the likes of Ibrahim could have done a job vs scum, spurs et al.

who else could we have played there? Zabaleta? Sylvinho? Kind of highlights the points made about needing the bodies. We will hopefully have a lot more games to play next season.
The Man In Blue

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:56 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:thinking about it, who else did we have for centre mid for the last few games of last season? Barry was playing ok but looking worn out, De Jong is, well, De Jong. Ireland had had a shocking season compared to the 08/09, and i doubt that the likes of Ibrahim could have done a job vs scum, spurs et al.

who else could we have played there? Zabaleta? Sylvinho? Kind of highlights the points made about needing the bodies. We will hopefully have a lot more games to play next season.

Perhaps we sign someone better rather than promote from within? Can one of the Groundsmen do a better job than him?

The "explanation" was that Vieira came to City because he couldn't get in the side at Inter and wanted to secure his place in the French Squad for the World Cup. He isn't in it!

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1242555_vieira_signs_new_city_deal - mixed comments on here, too.

I'm quite annoyed with this news.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum