Thoughts On Fulop?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Thoughts On Fulop?

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 01, 2010 7:06 pm

He was useless for the goal, I'm sat almost side on looking at that & it was a nothing shot that I was shocked to see end up in the net. Toure was a lot worse in that occasion though so it's a bit unfair to single the keeper out. He did move slower than Shay would have done in response to Downing's shot but it's undertandable if he's a bit match rusty.

Thought he looked ok 2nd half. Kicking's a bit crap though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sister of fu » Sat May 01, 2010 7:17 pm

World class.....sign him up :-)
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Florida Blue » Sat May 01, 2010 7:26 pm

crossan wrote:He'll do me for the last 2 games.................he could end up a legend like Aranson......................

We win two more, he will be a legend on the level of Weaver!
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:He was useless for the goal, I'm sat almost side on looking at that & it was a nothing shot that I was shocked to see end up in the net. Toure was a lot worse in that occasion though so it's a bit unfair to single the keeper out. He did move slower than Shay would have done in response to Downing's shot but it's undertandable if he's a bit match rusty.

I might be wrong, but I got the impression his view was partially obscured by the defender? (Toure I think) - he got a touch on the ball but not enough to push it wide or stop it - I'll have to watch MoTD and see it again.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Florida Blue » Sat May 01, 2010 8:04 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:He was useless for the goal, I'm sat almost side on looking at that & it was a nothing shot that I was shocked to see end up in the net. Toure was a lot worse in that occasion though so it's a bit unfair to single the keeper out. He did move slower than Shay would have done in response to Downing's shot but it's undertandable if he's a bit match rusty.

I might be wrong, but I got the impression his view was partially obscured by the defender? (Toure I think) - he got a touch on the ball but not enough to push it wide or stop it - I'll have to watch MoTD and see it again.

I watched it a few times, I am not convinced it was not deflected by Toure.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nick (duki blues) » Sat May 01, 2010 8:25 pm

effin unbelievable yes i have had a few beers whilst watching the match this afternoon but seriously what did he do wrong we have won the match 3-1 and all some people can do is slag off the keeper for letting a goal in which im not sure was totally his fault.I for one will have total confidence in him for the last 2 games most foreign keepers choose to punch the ball rather than catch it thats just something we have got to put up with in the last 2 games.
The guy has done us a big favour by coming here and helping us out when in dire need of it lets just get behind him for what is our most important 2 games in a very long while.
Rant over
nick (duki blues)
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby edge275 » Sat May 01, 2010 8:30 pm

nick (duki blues) wrote:effin unbelievable yes i have had a few beers whilst watching the match this afternoon but seriously what did he do wrong we have won the match 3-1 and all some people can do is slag off the keeper for letting a goal in which im not sure was totally his fault.I for one will have total confidence in him for the last 2 games most foreign keepers choose to punch the ball rather than catch it thats just something we have got to put up with in the last 2 games.
The guy has done us a big favour by coming here and helping us out when in dire need of it lets just get behind him for what is our most important 2 games in a very long while.
Rant over

That's all well and good, but he's still shite.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 01, 2010 8:31 pm

nick (duki blues) wrote:effin unbelievable yes i have had a few beers whilst watching the match this afternoon but seriously what did he do wrong we have won the match 3-1 and all some people can do is slag off the keeper for letting a goal in which im not sure was totally his fault.I for one will have total confidence in him for the last 2 games most foreign keepers choose to punch the ball rather than catch it thats just something we have got to put up with in the last 2 games.
Rant over

Hilarious......but your obviously pissed.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby aaron bond » Sat May 01, 2010 8:54 pm

We knew we weren't getting Peter Schmeical here so why is everyone giving the guy a hard time?

We have no keepers available with any sort of experience, at least this has guy has played in the Prem before and at International level. It's the best we have so we have to make do. I'd rather have him in goal than someone from the Faroe Islands who has never played before!

I thought he did ok today. He was a bit nervy at times and did flap at a few crosses, but he grew in confidence as the game went on. He released the ball quickly when he had it and always tried the short pass to the defenders or wingers which I liked. His kicking wasn't great but then Given's is shit too so it's nothing we're not used to. Another few days training with the team and he'll be more at ease. He hasnt played for a couple of months so it would have been good for him to be back playing and part of a winning side.

Even average keepers can pull out an outstanding performance in their careers. Two from Fulop this week will do please!
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 01, 2010 9:23 pm

Florida Blue wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

I watched it a few times, I am not convinced it was not deflected by Toure.

Just watched it on MoTD - the ball hits Fulop's right arm as he's propping himself up on the ground - the keeper didnt know too much about it (I thought it was an attempted save earlier)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: You bashers are just insane!

Postby Goataldo » Sat May 01, 2010 10:40 pm

shawzy wrote:
Citeh&Crew wrote:If the half of you, who bash without good reason, could play football half as well as you can unreasonably rip players, or the manager, we'd have a team full of legends who would win the Prem and CL every frigging year. (My guess is that many of you couldn't even last 2 minutes on the pitch without the need for an oxygen tank and/or an ambulance, and have the tactical knowledge of a slug)

Seriously.. get some perspective. Well first, you need to come off the booze and whatever hallucinogenic drugs you're taking. Fulop had been riding the bench at Sunderland for how long? And suddenly he comes to City, and is thrust into an intense match against one of the better Prem sides, with CL implications on the line. YEAH, I'd be a bit shaky in the first half too. However, Fulop was fine in the second, and will be from here on out (which is no relevation for those who have seen him in-form)

Good post lad ;-)

Agree with that post in the main, but you can only take a player on what you see him do, so if you look shakey, expect grief. If you're mint, and just waiting for the opportunity to show it, today was the day and expect any plaudits you deserve. Today he looked like he was bricking it. Don't get me wrong, I expect that, but just hoped he wouldn't be. THe first goal looked like it went straight through him, and he had a few hairy moments after that. Granted, as the game went on he looked more competent, without being commanding. That, hopefully, will come in the next two games.

Doing 90 mins will have done him the power of good, and I expect him to own it a bit more next time out. Anyone one know if he can do the samba?
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Florida Blue » Sat May 01, 2010 10:44 pm

edge275 wrote:
Rant over

And there you have, the anger of youth. FFS Edge, be happy, Hart ain't coming, Given ain't going to recover, and this guy is loads better than Taylor. Someday you are going to be happy for what we have, not what we want. I hope that if you are at the match Wednesday you do nothing but support the lad, he has been thrown to the wolves. He has played 45 games in the PL and has 20 caps, what the hell do you want in a pinch. This guy is hardly shite, especially when you look at the keepers we have had in the past few seasons.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby edge275 » Sat May 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Florida Blue wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Rant over

And there you have, the anger of youth. FFS Edge, be happy, Hart ain't coming, Given ain't going to recover, and this guy is loads better than Taylor. Someday you are going to be happy for what we have, not what we want. I hope that if you are at the match Wednesday you do nothing but support the lad, he has been thrown to the wolves. He has played 45 games in the PL and has 20 caps, what the hell do you want in a pinch. This guy is hardly shite, especially when you look at the keepers we have had in the past few seasons.

Look, I think he's shite and I say what I think. Football team forums are used so you can express your true feelings about any aspect of the club, right? The topic title is 'Thoughts on Fulop' - here's my thoughts: I think he's shite.
Last edited by edge275 on Sat May 01, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat May 01, 2010 10:48 pm

He isn't Hart no but didn't Joe let 3 or 4 through his legs in a match against Chelsea last year? It can happen when the shot is from so close and for me I would blame Toure more for giving Carew the space and time.

Funny though with the focus on Fulop, Brad Freidel didn't exactly shine did he? If Fulop had allowed those first two goals in like he did he would have been slaughtered for them.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Florida Blue » Sat May 01, 2010 11:00 pm

edge275 wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Rant over

Look, I think he's shite and I say what I think. Football team forums are used so you can express your true feelings about any aspect of the club, right? The topic title is 'Thoughts on Fulop' - here's my thoughts: I think he's shite.

I could respect that if you just didn't hate EVERYTHING and EVERYONE, if you actually said you liked him I would have fallen off my chair.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby edge275 » Sat May 01, 2010 11:01 pm

Florida Blue wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Rant over

I could respect that if you just didn't hate EVERYTHING and EVERYONE, if you actually said you liked him I would have fallen off my chair.

See the Vieira thread.
edge275

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat May 01, 2010 11:09 pm

I thought he did well and a lot of the criticism is uncalled for.
He was obviously really nervous in the first half and the goal wasnt the best start, although was a little unlucky but after that I thought he did well. Was quick off his line and used his area well and dealt well with what were some really top quality balls in from Young. On a side note, I thought Young was brilliant today, although Bridge wasnt exactly making it difficult for him.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby M147WN » Sun May 02, 2010 1:37 am

Citeh&Crew wrote:If the half of you, who bash without good reason, could play football half as well as you can unreasonably rip players, or the manager, we'd have a team full of legends who would win the Prem and CL every frigging year. (My guess is that many of you couldn't even last 2 minutes on the pitch without the need for an oxygen tank and/or an ambulance, and have the tactical knowledge of a slug)

Seriously.. get some perspective. Well first, you need to come off the booze and whatever hallucinogenic drugs you're taking. Fulop had been riding the bench at Sunderland for how long? And suddenly he comes to City, and is thrust into an intense match against one of the better Prem sides, with CL implications on the line. YEAH, I'd be a bit shaky in the first half too. However, Fulop was fine in the second, and will be from here on out (which is no relevation for those who have seen him in-form)

Well said mate! His handling was good. Kicking was dodgy but he did what it said on the can!
The goal wasn't his fault and again the negative fuckers on here love to make hay when really they look in the wrong direction and pronounce his difficiencies. The lad did ok and I loved his reaction at the end!! Give the lad a chance! Support him!! The fella is (for the moment) a BLUE!!!!!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Slim » Sun May 02, 2010 1:50 am

His distribution was better than Shay's...sadly that bar is set so low it's not much of a compliment.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 02, 2010 2:01 am

M147WN wrote:

Well said mate! His handling was good. Kicking was dodgy but he did what it said on the can!
The goal wasn't his fault and again the negative fuckers on here love to make hay when really they look in the wrong direction and pronounce his difficiencies. The lad did ok and I loved his reaction at the end!! Give the lad a chance! Support him!! The fella is (for the moment) a BLUE!!!!!

I got this far and then shook my head.

I think we all support every city player.......even Toure !!OP was thoughts on Fulop. I said he was shite today imo (as harsh as that may seem) and I gave my reasons. Some of you want to give him a cuddle and refuse to listen to any negative comments about him but some of us dont !!!!
Noone is saying he will be shit the next game...noone is saying he,s an arsehole..noone is saying why do we have a 3rd choice keeper in goal.............the mistakes that he made today (first goal I felt as a goalie he should have done better) he fumbled 2 crosses..one will cost us if he repeats it against spurs and the other was an attempted punch that also went nowhere............

Once again - who knows if he will perform better against spurs....My opinion is based on todays game, and he made me nervous.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum