Over 200 million spent.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Over 200 million spent.

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:31 pm

It feels soooooooo good to sit on this fence, and it is soooooooo high I can see everything!!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby paulh » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:39 pm

bobby manc still new to role he will come good we are in a far better state than past seasons his cv speaks for itself. If we cement top four previous posters are correct in suggesting changes then

As for Hughes glad to see back of him was not at all happy with his bad management of squad, dull as dish water persona and marketing wise and not good for profile of club and last but not least ex red- hes gone move on hughes fans.
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby gillie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:43 pm

paulh wrote:bobby manc still new to role he will come good we are in a far better state than past seasons his cv speaks for itself. If we cement top four previous posters are correct in suggesting changes then

As for Hughes glad to see back of him was not at all happy with his bad management of squad, dull as dish water persona and marketing wise and not good for profile of club and last but not least ex red- hes gone move on hughes fans.

I am gonna do a Carl.IT'S NOT ABOUT HUGHES ITS ABOUT GETTING VALUE FOR MONEY ENTERTAINMENT WISE AND AT THE MOMENT THE ENTERTAINMENT IS NON FUCKIN EXISTENT.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby paulh » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:46 pm

agreed not that entertaining but hand on heart would you like a non entertaining season and finish 3rd or fourth or be on edge of seat and finish 6th. I would choose the fourth but would miss the edge of seat stuff
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby gillie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:01 pm

paulh wrote:agreed not that entertaining but hand on heart would you like a non entertaining season and finish 3rd or fourth or be on edge of seat and finish 6th. I would choose the fourth but would miss the edge of seat stuff

Well tbh mate with 200million spent i would want 3rd/4th but also entertaining whilst accomplishing these goals fair enough.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby King Kev » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:19 pm

gillie wrote:
King Kev wrote:
john68 wrote:Kev...NQDP,
You make the point regarding Hughes and quote Gillie. Gillie NEVER mentioned Hughes. He criticised Mancini but it was you who brought Hughes out of the cupboard.
Erm, yes he did actually!
gillie wrote:And i blame the owners for this in the way they got rid of the last incumbent

KK quoting one line of what i actually wrote gives a false impression of what i was trying to say imo.I do not want our manager sacked i just want to see some entertaing football is that really too much to ask for considering the amount thats been spent on our squad and yes i know Mancini has hardly spent anything but the fact remains 200million has been spent and for that kind of money surely entertainment should come with it.
My first response was to point out that you, and some others, seem to be having trouble getting over the fact that hughes has gone and to suggest a sticky so that the rest of us can avoid this sort of thing.

My second response was to point out to John, who claimed that you didn't mention hughes, that in fact you did mention him.

I have no intention in getting involved in another hughes debate, they bored me when he was our manager and they bore me even more now. There is nothing that anybody can say about him that hasn't already been said many many many times already.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gillie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:15 pm

King Kev wrote:
gillie wrote:
King Kev wrote:
john68 wrote:Kev...NQDP,
You make the point regarding Hughes and quote Gillie. Gillie NEVER mentioned Hughes. He criticised Mancini but it was you who brought Hughes out of the cupboard.
Erm, yes he did actually!
gillie wrote:And i blame the owners for this in the way they got rid of the last incumbent

KK quoting one line of what i actually wrote gives a false impression of what i was trying to say imo.I do not want our manager sacked i just want to see some entertaing football is that really too much to ask for considering the amount thats been spent on our squad and yes i know Mancini has hardly spent anything but the fact remains 200million has been spent and for that kind of money surely entertainment should come with it.
My first response was to point out that you, and some others, seem to be having trouble getting over the fact that hughes has gone and to suggest a sticky so that the rest of us can avoid this sort of thing.

My second response was to point out to John, who claimed that you didn't mention hughes, that in fact you did mention him.

I have no intention in getting involved in another hughes debate, they bored me when he was our manager and they bore me even more now. There is nothing that anybody can say about him that hasn't already been said many many many times already.

Lee take off the blindfold mate it's nothing whatsoever to do with Hughes it's about wanting to be entertained for the money we have spent OD is right it's all the people who did not want Hughes that are harping on about him.Iactually said Mancini is like a rabbit in the headlights and i blame the OWNERS for the way they got rid of the last incumbent.Meaning Mancini is being over cautious so as to try and make top4 and keep his job coz he has stated that top4 is his aim.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:03 am

Kev,
The quote by Gillie was NOT about Hughes, it was a crticism of our ownwers for the way they got rid of him.
My point stands.
Regarding the comment of you being bored by the Hughes debate...Remind me Mate, who was it that that was attempting to lure me into the Hughes debate, after I told you i was bored with it. You were on a wind up, trying to lure me in but I refused...Who was bored then Pal....Hahahahaha...yer nicked!!!!....:-)

I aslo seem to remember that before Hughes was sacked, Many of us, myself included asked many times for others to get behind Hughes and show patience. As soon as he had been sacked, it was those who had refused to be patient that suddenly DEMANDED it for Mancini.

Gotta say...that reeeeally did grate at the time.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby btajim » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:37 pm

King Kev wrote:I have no intention in getting involved in another hughes debate, they bored me when he was our manager and they bore me even more now. There is nothing that anybody can say about him that hasn't already been said many many many times already.

Was it not you who instigated a 10 page thread titled something along the lines of "I don't like our Manager" before City had even kicked a ball in any meaningful Match? Your logic was that he'd do a bad job on purpose because he was ex-RAG.

Reading you instructing everybody to get behind Mancini before City had kicked a ball in a meaningful Match was even more laughable... and hypocritical.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby gillie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:06 pm

I will say it again Mancini is playing the cautious card just to try to get top 4 and save his job and its the OWNERS fault.If you dont agree explain tonights debacle?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby King Kev » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:10 pm

gillie wrote:I will say it again Mancini is playing the cautious card just to try to get top 4 and save his job and its the OWNERS fault.If you dont agree explain tonights debacle?.
Ha ha, give us a smile. Go on. you know you want to! :o)

King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Green in blue » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:13 pm

King Kev wrote:
gillie wrote:I will say it again Mancini is playing the cautious card just to try to get top 4 and save his job and its the OWNERS fault.If you dont agree explain tonights debacle?.

i do get ur point kk i really do but tonight was drivel, in fact i resorted to drinking half a bottle of red and started posting here again, first time in 2 years. purely for the fact we were pure shite. lol wait and you see we will play like lions against the scouse
Green in blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby King Kev » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Green in blue wrote:
King Kev wrote:

i do get ur point kk i really do but tonight was drivel, in fact i resorted to drinking half a bottle of red and started posting here again, first time in 2 years. purely for the fact we were pure shite. lol wait and you see we will play like lions against the scouse
and still people will moan.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:15 pm

end of the day we wont get top 4 by playing SHITE and cautious.

Stoke barely troubled given, fuck all to with our defence playing well. Where does he think our GOAL will come from?!?
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dazby » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:09 am

King Kev wrote:
Green in blue wrote:
King Kev wrote:

and of course, you've never done that in the past have you KK?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby King Kev » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:26 am

dazby wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Green in blue wrote:
King Kev wrote:

and of course, you've never done that in the past have you KK?
I can honestly say that I have never moaned when we were 4th in the table.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:42 am

Ah that is very very true sir. Although I do remember you once saying that if we won the champs league final 4-0 you'd whinge that we didn't score 5.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john68 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Lee,
Being 4th is all very well for your demeanour but it copuld have been so much better had we been pushing at Arsenal's arse for 3rd and creating a bigger gap between us and the chasing pack below us.
We have been on schedule for 4th for a while now and last night was not a gain but a loss in that respect.

I st6ill find it incredible that you so easily jumped on Hughes's case for similar away draws yet seem so suppotive of mancini...without any question or debate....and you love a good debate...don't you????
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:06 pm

I CANT BELIEVE SOME OF THE FANS THAT I AGREED WITH BACK IN THE CLUELESS DAYS ARNT GOING BALLISTIC AT THE SHITE WE ARE SERVING UP NOW...IT EMBARRASSES ME.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING DELUSIONAL IF YOU THINK WE ARE GOING TO HANG ONTO 4TH SPOT WITH THE SHITEEEEEEEEEE WE ARE DISHING UP NOW - WE WERE DEAD LUCKY AGAINST STOKE AND THATS A FACT...THAT GOAL SHOULD HAVE STOOD.

WE ARE 4TH...THATS MAINLY DOWN TO THE SHITE RESULTS THAT SPURS VILLA AND BINDIPPERS ACHEIEVED OVER THE LAST MONTH OR SO AND NOT DOWN TO US PLAYING WELL.

IF WE DONT STEP IT UP AGAINST THE DIPPERS THEN WE WILL LOSE...IN FACT IF WE DONT GET OUR ACT TOGETHER WE WONT FINISH ABOVE SPURS AND VILLA.

MANCINI HAS US PLAYING SHITE AND THATS A FACT.
PLAYERS ALL OVER THE PLACE - LEFT SIDE , RIGHT SIDE ECT ECT ECT ....YES HE DOES CHANGE TACTICS BUT FUCK ME..I THINK HE,S ABUSING THAT FACT IN EVERY GAME UNNECESARILY.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john68 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

That post is one I respect Carl. THough I disagreed with your hughes views, they were city based.
Too many Hughes haters seem to think that having got their wish and Hughes out, they have to back Mancini through thick and thin or they will look foolish.
THIS IS ABOUT CITY.
john68

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum