***city v roma official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v roma official match thread***

Postby ruralblue » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:55 pm

Milner your right, we didn't get up to our speed. Maybe that's because in the middle of this midfield is a guy who is obviously not happy here who's jogging round the pitch like he doesn't give a fuck.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby blues2win » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:56 pm

I don't hate the competition. I want to see our club which has proved itself in the Premier League show they're capable of going toe to toe with the best in Europe. We're ridiculously under performing at this level and Pellegrini has to take a major slice of the blame. One of my favourite games of the last few years was that glorious failure at home to Hamburg. Not the CL I know but the atmosphere and the performance was terrific. I'd just love our team to put on that sort of performance at home coupled with gritty performances away so that we can advance to the later stages of the competition.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby MilnersJaw » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:56 pm

fuck of scholes you cunt.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Roma were fucking lambs for the slaughter for the last 35 mins.

The rags from a few years back would have murdered these again. We need to wake up. Napoli were no fucking good, Ajax were no fucking good, Bayern were fuck all a few weeks back. We are underperforming. If we had started the game the way we finished it, we would have fucked them up.

Tonight's team, just like the one in Bayern, would not get anywhere close to winning the Premier League. We are better than this.

I'd rather lose being City than winning being the Rags, simple as that. And cannot even fathom why you'd put our performances against a team who are part of the establishment that you've always purported as one of those who have the say on how the CL goes.

What does piss me off about this league is that we always get a seriously hard draw and not much help/luck in the games we play. Last season we had the easiest draw since we got into it but then end up against Barca, which we could never win, and then look at this group. I just wonder if the manager feels the need to change our way of play to ensure we aren't compromised by the ref. Just look at our fouls tonight and the yellow cards compared to the PL, where we get a yellow for every 2 fouls.

Pellers needs to sort this out. Gone are the days where we can admonish responsibility, we know how it is now and that managers will be given more than a chance to prove but if they don't reach their goals, they will be moved on. This is a great set of players and rather than change every player to get the results needed, there will be only one to go. Maybe the end of season, but nevertheless, time will be called.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mr_nool » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:59 pm

My two cents:

- not starting Milner whe he's in this form is criminal.

- Dzeko was our best player until je was taken off. Stupid sub.

- I don't think the refhad an agenda, but missing thay handball and only giving Roma two yellows was ridiculous.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:01 pm

As I said at the time, it was a joke decision to take off Dzeko & even if we had scored, it would still have been a joke. He was the best player on the fucking pitch.

I can only accept it, if it was done in order to keep him fit rather than for tactical reasons. It was also obvious after 15 mins that there was too much responsibility being put on Yaya & Fernandinho with the starting 11. Had the Count just tightened up the formation for 10 mins when we were 1-0 up, we would have won the fucking game by catching Roma on the counter, I'm sure of it.

Instead, we got passed off the park by a team who barely touched the fucking ball for the last 35.

The Count followed in Bob's footsteps tonight with some really stupid management.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby mr_nool » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:01 pm

My two cents:

- I don't think the refhad an agenda, but missing thay handball and only giving Roma two yellows was ridiculous.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:02 pm

ruralblue wrote:Milner your right, we didn't get up to our speed. Maybe that's because in the middle of this midfield is a guy who is obviously not happy here who's jogging round the pitch like he doesn't give a fuck.

Rural mate, it maybe the fact that they are being run ragged due to us being outplayed in the middle of the park. It was like 2 against 5 out there tonight and I thought we were lucky just to concede one, especially as we all know that Yaya and Fernando are not the best in a defensive position.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:03 pm

mr_nool wrote:My two cents:

milner was poor when he came on. otherwise I agree.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:05 pm

- not starting Milner whe he's in this form is criminal. Agree

- Dzeko was our best player until je was taken off. Stupid sub. Agree

- I don't think the ref had an agenda, but missing thay handball and only giving Roma two yellows was ridiculous. Nearly agree. He is a good ref but definitiley had the remit to not issue too many cards.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:10 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

No he wasn't. He was one of the few putting in an effort and trying to make things happen
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:11 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

No he wasn't. He was one of the few putting in an effort and trying to make things happen

effort is fine but we needed composure/quality in that moment.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:12 pm

More like your 4 cents...greedy fuck.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:13 pm

Well, not really that bad considering our first 60 minutes play and just look how Roma are getting on in their league. We were poor and got a draw which leaves us a difficult task but not as bad as if we had lost the game; which was a real consideration.

We move on and with a few wins, maybe all our remaining games, we could make the play-offs against the likes of Barca or Real (that's the way it is). If we get there then at least we've got a chance (not much) to move the club on in the CL. Pity we'll still only have a few players to pick from and not able to rest them on the way through.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Roma were fucking lambs for the slaughter for the last 35 mins.

The rags from a few years back would have murdered these again. We need to wake up. Napoli were no fucking good, Ajax were no fucking good, Bayern were fuck all a few weeks back. We are underperforming. If we had started the game the way we finished it, we would have fucked them up.

Tonight's team, just like the one in Bayern, would not get anywhere close to winning the Premier League. We are better than this.

I'd rather lose being City than winning being the Rags, simple as that. And cannot even fathom why you'd put our performances against a team who are part of the establishment that you've always purported as one of those who have the say on how the CL goes.

What does piss me off about this league is that we always get a seriously hard draw and not much help/luck in the games we play. Last season we had the easiest draw since we got into it but then end up against Barca, which we could never win, and then look at this group. I just wonder if the manager feels the need to change our way of play to ensure we aren't compromised by the ref. Just look at our fouls tonight and the yellow cards compared to the PL, where we get a yellow for every 2 fouls.

Pellers needs to sort this out. Gone are the days where we can admonish responsibility, we know how it is now and that managers will be given more than a chance to prove but if they don't reach their goals, they will be moved on. This is a great set of players and rather than change every player to get the results needed, there will be only one to go. Maybe the end of season, but nevertheless, time will be called.

It's pretty obvious why I've mentioned the rags turning these over, I've explained the comparison in the post. We are better than this & capable of doing the same.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:17 pm

sheblue wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:I have Felling Edin would score today if he stay , and i do not agree Roma is solid team we play bad , It s not that we fuck up against CSKA

If we didn't change it the score would have been 1-3.

No i was thinking as a lone striker he would score not to stay with two
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:21 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:I have Felling Edin would score today if he stay , and i do not agree Roma is solid team we play bad , It s not that we fuck up against CSKA

If we didn't change it the score would have been 1-3.

No i was thinking as a lone striker he would score not to stay with two

Taking off Aguero for Milner would give us two potential hard running wide players who can tuck in & a target for them to cross to. Roma would have struggled to contain it. Then we have Lampard & Jovetic for later if needed.

It really was a no brainer.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Spurge » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:28 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Can I ask again, why didn't Maicon get a red?

I can only assume the ref didn't think that Aguero was nailed on to get on the end of the ball in to him
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby blues2win » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:29 pm

In his post match Press Conference Pellegrini refuses to accept that he should play three in central midfield in this competition sacrificing a forward. His answer is that we passed like shit. True but we have to set up right to get the ball and keep it. Aguero did precious little after the penalty and should have gone rather than Dzeko who understandably was pissed off. Silva offers fuck all protection for Clichy who struggled anyway. Milner should have started. He didn't play brilliantly but we did improve later in the game. If Yaya is to play I want him playing further forward. I just don't see him playing effectively in a deeper role.

Yes the posts were fucking negative throughout the match, mine included, but that's because we're frustrated to see the team playing so far below their capabilities.

For that Hamburg match there were tickets available at a cheap price to make sure the ground was full. What an atmosphere but the team gave the fans something to shout about.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:33 pm

'Lampard " after the earlier thread discussion. What a laugh.

Totti got lucky because Joe slipped

However Roma were worthy of at least a point.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum