Wilfred Bony - possible January Signing

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Wilfred Bony - possible January Signing

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:28 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
phips wrote:surely one of Dzeko or Jovetic is off in the summer…i hope its Jovetic as he's too much of a sick note.

Aguero, Bony, Dzeko, and Ihenacho. If Yaya is still around, God help us when the next ACON comes around.

It happens every year now, so...

Cheers

It's held every second year although they did play back to back in 2012 and 2013 it's back to normal service again now.They didn't want to be holding it in a World Cup year anymore.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
phips wrote:surely one of Dzeko or Jovetic is off in the summer…i hope its Jovetic as he's too much of a sick note.

Aguero, Bony, Dzeko, and Ihenacho. If Yaya is still around, God help us when the next ACON comes around.

Cheers

It's held every second year although they did play back to back in 2012 and 2013 it's back to normal service again now.They didn't want to be holding it in a World Cup year anymore.

So the next time it comes around, Yaya will be 34 & I would suggest, less of a loss/possibly retired. Bony & possibly Nacho being the main absentees.
Still leaves us 2 strikers plus any kids & others who can play there.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:32 pm

Next one is in 2017.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:51 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

It just feels like every year.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:13 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

It just feels like every year.

That apparently wooshy note was lost on some.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:33 pm

AntMcfc wrote:Lad has got bantz - https://vine.co/v/MljwBu61FDY

for those who don't like links

Watch on youtube.com

maybe " score some goals for City" might be better now
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:40 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

he knows. he's just trying--and failing--to be funny
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
Barclays Premier League 2023-2024 CH4MPIONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:15 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:In a way, I quite like his first name and, especially it's shortened version.

Seems like a throwback to an earlier age of tough, 'hard-men' footballers who had names such as Wilf Copping etc.

Alf Tupper was the man

There was once a hard, yet skillful, player called Joe Mercer.....and then there was always 'Skinner' Normanton.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:50 pm

what a nice send off, good man Eric;-)

Good luck Wilfried, and Godspeed!
Eric Imhof looks at how Bony's transfer to Man City could benefit the club in the long run

With all the speculation (some of it wilder than the rest) about the imminent and inevitable move of Wilfried Bony to Premier League juggernaut Manchester City, the predictable predicament in which many supporters find ourselves is one of being utterly torn. Yes, the Swans will most likely lose their top scorer, their best build-up forward, and arguably their biggest emotional booster (and I mean “biggest” literally) all with a few strokes of a pen. And with that same pen, the Swans will most likely also gain depth, investment in infrastructure, and leverage in future recruitment. So is it a win-win situation?

I think it is, and Bony going now might even be better than him going in the summer. Here’s why. For starters, it would be good for Bony. I know that some Swans fans think that he’ll get to know Scott Sinclair really, really well, but there’s also a good chance Wilf will get some serious playing time, what with City’s 3,000 simultaneous competitions, not to mention Aguero’s injury. Plus, Bony is perfectly suited to City’s system, and he and Yaya in the same lineup would (or should) strike fear into the heart of almost any opposition manager. Players seem to value playing in the Champions League above all else for some reason, so there’s that to factor into the equation too.

Secondly, if it’s inevitable that Bony will go elsewhere eventually, why not just rip the bandaid off now, with the Swans in a comfortable position in the league, and with plans B and C already in effect? Sure, Bony could score twenty more goals this season and increase his value (along with the Swans’ position in the table), but he could also get injured, or fall out of form, or get red-carded for no apparent reason and miss a bunch of games. If he’s leaving anyway, why not sell him now, get the maximum return while he’s in high demand, and laugh all the way to the bank?

And thirdly, speaking of the bank: not only will Huw and Monk use the influx of cash to build the squad - and some new seats at The Liberty - but Bony’s upward move itself will attract future talent. With this propulsion of a player to the top tier, Huw would be showing to the world that Swansea is a place players can come and improve: a launch pad from which players can not only hone their skills but also strengthen their stock. Who wouldn’t want to come to a club that promises a leg-up on such a ladder?

And so, while the Swans may struggle down the stretch without their biggest piece of heavy artillery (may struggle: Barrow and Gomis have both shown glimpses of greatness recently), they’ll benefit from a deeper squad in the short term and a more attractive one in the long term. They’ll be able to bring in better players, generate more revenue, and plan for a more stable - and at the same time more exciting - future in the promised land of soccer.

On a personal note: wherever he goes, I hope Bony continues to be great. He’s earned his place among the elite strikers in any league, anywhere in the world. Godspeed!

Thanks to Eric for his latest piece - give him a follow on Twitter @AustinJackArmy. I certainly am going to miss Wilfried Bony but I echo his sentiments - hopefully he goes on to establish himself as one of the game's top strikers.
http://www.theswanseaway.co.uk/2015/01/ ... K8HstKsWXY
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:56 pm

I wonder if we're waiting until after the ACON to finalize this in case of injury
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:23 am

Reports that Wolfsburg have just found a brown envelope with £30m in it and offered it to Chelsea for their janitor or Shurrle, whichever they want least. What good luck for both Wolfsburg and Chelsea, fancy a club like Wolfsburg having a fortune they hadn't noticed...
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:30 am

Hmm.

Not out of the question they will offer Swansea that, if it goes through, so if we want to sign Wilf, we'd best get it done.

Letting Squirrel go would be a strange one to me, unless they already had someone lined up. He isn't exactly Messi, but he does make runs none of their players make, & is the sort of player who nicks important goals when defences get tired. If we were playing Chelsea tomorrow, he is a player i would be concerned about, coming off the bench.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby phips » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:56 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:Reports that Wolfsburg have just found a brown envelope with £30m in it and offered it to Chelsea for their janitor or Shurrle, whichever they want least. What good luck for both Wolfsburg and Chelsea, fancy a club like Wolfsburg having a fortune they hadn't noticed...

just extended Rodriguez, have De Bruyne, Olic, and Perisic. not bad. aren't they in top 3 of the Bundesliga?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
Barclays Premier League 2023-2024 CH4MPIONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:43 am

phips wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

he knows. he's just trying--and failing--to be funny

You should give him some tips.

You're fucking hilarious
Original Dub

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:47 am

Saul Goodman wrote:I wonder if we're waiting until after the ACON to finalize this in case of injury

I hope not, it ends in Mid Feb!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Looks like Mido was spotted at our training ground:

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby blues2win » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:22 pm

Citywatch say City in no hurry to complete with Bony away at the ACON. I think the pressure is now on Swansea. The player wants to go now and will be mighty pissed off if the whole thing collapses. Swansea want the money early so they can spend whatever part of the fee the chairman lets Monk spend. If they leave it too late in the window they'll be desperate and everyone will know it. The only danger is if someone else comes in and gazumps us. You can be too clever sometimes but Soriano has established a reputation as being no one's soft touch which is as it should be.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby blues2win » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Dutch site VI claims we've reached agreement with Swansea on 35 million euros which is about 27 million pounds. Still finalising personal terms with Bony. Judging by the numbers of missed chances today we could do with him.
blues2win

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:18 pm

blues2win wrote:Dutch site VI claims we've reached agreement with Swansea on 35 million euros which is about 27 million pounds. Still finalising personal terms with Bony. Judging by the numbers of missed chances today we could do with him.

Can we not just swap him for Mangala instead?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby blues2win » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:42 pm

De Telegraaf also reporting the same fee agreed. They claim Vitesse Arnhem are owed a 7per cent sell on fee.
blues2win

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum