Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:If ever you wanted to see how much of a slant they put on things, just have a look at this. It's how much each team "cost" that started on the weekend.
There are millions just thrown onto the city prices - the odd million here and there and every add on possible. I'd love to see the exact amount we paid for Mangala for starters... anyway..
Not so much for a certain other team...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

I got told about this by a rag and straight away without seeing it said they'd add money on for Otamendi who only cost us £8 million after the money we were owed for Negredo, they'd add money on to the Sterling fee that we may or may not end up paying. Looking at that though they've gone even further and had Shrek at £20 million the cheeky fuckers! I don't know how they get away with it
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:23 pm

Yeah, it's so fucking blatant it's unreal. They have basically falsely created a difference of at least £45m.
For what purpose other than to keep throwing the pressure and focus on to City?

It's extremely childish more than anything else.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Original Dub wrote:Yeah, it's so fucking blatant it's unreal. They have basically falsely created a difference of at least £45m.
For what purpose other than to keep throwing the pressure and focus on to City?

It's extremely childish more than anything else.

I'd like to see the club pull them up on it or threaten them with legal action. We won't though because for some reason whoever runs the media section at the club just likes us to get shafted!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Original Dub wrote:If ever you wanted to see how much of a slant they put on things, just have a look at this. It's how much each team "cost" that started on the weekend.
There are millions just thrown onto the city prices - the odd million here and there and every add on possible. I'd love to see the exact amount we paid for Mangala for starters... anyway..
Not so much for a certain other team...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

I actually love that mate. They've obviously been waiting for the perfect timing to play that card but when you look at it, over the course of the season, that kind of investment should pay dividends. And by that same scenario the Rags should be at least finishing 2nd, challenging for 1st, even though Butthole has stated that 3rd is the aim.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:33 pm

The way they were raving about Martial on SSN this morning as well, I thought they had signed Messi. Two stunning goals apparently and all those who doubted spending £58m on a teenager who scored 1 in 4 in a poor league will have to eat their words as he is clearly a superstar.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby gmercer1 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:43 pm

So Mangala is £43 million and Martial still £38 million.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:55 pm

nottsblue wrote:The way they were raving about Martial on SSN this morning as well, I thought they had signed Messi. Two stunning goals apparently and all those who doubted spending £58m on a teenager who scored 1 in 4 in a poor league will have to eat their words as he is clearly a superstar.

Possibly a good season to join the Prem as the defended look gash. I'm out on how good he could be as he's been allowed the privilege to basically walk through defenses. Once they wake up, then we'll see how the Prem treats him.

He's in the line of fire now.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny99 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:57 pm

Is it true that this marital kid has already won this years young player of the year award
johnny99
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:20 pm

johnny99 wrote:Is it true that this marital kid has already won this years young player of the year award

'the premier league's newest star'
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
johnny99 wrote:Is it true that this marital kid has already won this years young player of the year award

The new Pele , the rocket man , the Flash , the Legend................. Myth that he will cost 50 odd million, didnt even cost 30 odd million.............. .by the time the fucking worms in the press finish wanking him off he would have been a free transfer to to the Munichs.

Agenda driven maggots.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:39 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Agenda driven maggots.

Nothing more to add.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:08 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

The new Pele , the rocket man , the Flash , the Legend................. Myth that he will cost 50 odd million, didnt even cost 30 odd million.............. .by the time the fucking worms in the press finish wanking him off he would have been a free transfer to to the Munichs.

Agenda driven maggots.

Free transfer? More like fucking academy product.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby The Maine Man » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:25 pm

I've been listening to 5 live tonight and reading online updates on our game and I was noting the barely concealed disappointment as we scored. I smiled as I realised that for all those who hate us, this must be like a child on a beach watching the tide slowly destroy his sandcastle. There's fuck all they can do to stop the inevitable! Take it, take it, take it!
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:49 pm

The Maine Man wrote:I've been listening to 5 live tonight and reading online updates on our game and I was noting the barely concealed disappointment as we scored. I smiled as I realised that for all those who hate us, this must be like a child on a beach watching the tide slowly destroy his sandcastle. There's fuck all they can do to stop the inevitable! Take it, take it, take it!

The Beeb seem to be implying that we are 'Lucky'.

I suppose you could call 4-0 lucky, if you're an absolute prick!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:54 pm

Wonder how Niall Quinn sees tonight?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:58 pm

The Maine Man wrote:I've been listening to 5 live tonight and reading online updates on our game and I was noting the barely concealed disappointment as we scored. I smiled as I realised that for all those who hate us, this must be like a child on a beach watching the tide slowly destroy his sandcastle. There's fuck all they can do to stop the inevitable! Take it, take it, take it!

That's very poetic, mate. Or did you steal it from Robin Sparkles?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:58 pm

Do our prices go up everytime a player is mentioned. When did Patrick Roberts cost us £12 mil?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Do our prices go up everytime a player is mentioned. When did Patrick Roberts cost us £12 mil?

I think it was at the same time we paid £43m for Mangala and £49m for Sterling whilst the rags paid £36m for the boy wonder.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:25 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Do our prices go up everytime a player is mentioned. When did Patrick Roberts cost us £12 mil?

I think it was at the same time we paid £43m for Mangala and £49m for Sterling whilst the rags paid £36m for the boy wonder.

Fucking ridiculous, always the sly digs.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:27 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Fucking ridiculous, always the sly digs.

I know it shouldn't annoy me, but it does. When journalists can't even get basic facts correct it's a poor show
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum