Pogba

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pogba

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:57 am

nottsblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
blues2win wrote:The Star saying that we're asking that we get a share of Pogba's image rights if we pay 100 million euros for him. How incredibly unreasonable of us. We're even balking at paying a mere 10 per cent of the fee, namely 10 million euros, to to his agent Mino Raiola.

This is how it works with the best players in the world. Do we want him or not. We can act all high and mighty a la the hazard deal or we can sign the best and win shit. I know which i'd prefer.

Cheers

If we are at a stage where we are haggling over image rights then that is superb news. To get this far must mean Pogba has basically agreed to join us, the salary is acceptable and this is the final stage.

We got burned badly by the Hazard transfer and our morals. As a club we are not used to buying the top A listers and I would imagine that to conclude these types of deals, things like image rights and agents cuts are par for the course. We either pay up and lump it or do what we did we Hazard and don't get the man.

I'm with Doomie all the way here. If we walk away because of £10m then we are idiots. It will set the tone, not only for the rest of this window, but the next couple as top players and clubs alike will think we are not 'big time'

I have to admit Notts, that was my first thought. If it is correct, then we are far from giving up the chase and potentially quite close to a deal
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby blues2win » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:57 am

I think your answer suggests we don't have to worry about any wage bill limitations. There'll be outs as well as ins. The Chairman clearly signalled we were going to be bold this window and Sterling's imminent arrival is hopefully just the start.
blues2win

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:57 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:I thought the limit on our wage bill had been removed? We're down to limits on losses now aren't we without our being allowed to 'surge invest' like the rest.

All clubs are limited to a set percentage of increase on the wage bill per year as far as I know.

You're boring the shit out of me on this topic. Seriously.

Cheers

He's spot on though.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:I thought the limit on our wage bill had been removed? We're down to limits on losses now aren't we without our being allowed to 'surge invest' like the rest.

All clubs are limited to a set percentage of increase on the wage bill per year as far as I know.

Cheers

I don't actually care.

And I'm answering a question. And I've edited the answer above to be accurate.

Do you think khaldoon got his cock and balls out because he wanted us to pussyfoot around the market crying about FFP and negotiating like retards and ensuring we don't land the best talent? Because that's how your argument reads to me. Falling into the trap the media and the established mafioso have baited for us.

Wise up brother.

Cheers

Must look back over that interview, I think I missed that bit. Are you saying the Mafioso and media purposely set a trap for Ted.
Ted run. Get out now before it's too late.

I would reserve judgement on the transfer dealings until the window is shut. I like yourself, would prefer to have our players in now, but I know sweet FA about big business and can openly admit. I'm a KFA in regards to knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes. But I don't think the media are too far ahead of me. City are saying fuck all about proceedings and judging by the dipper media circus with the smallest snippets of info you can see why. We would have a negative spin put on anything we tell them which would be more counterproductive.
I'm sure there is plenty of serious work going on. Time will tell. If we start the season with Sterling and Pogba/KDB, people will get over a slow July very quickly.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:22 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Cheers

I don't actually care.

And I'm answering a question. And I've edited the answer above to be accurate.

Do you think khaldoon got his cock and balls out because he wanted us to pussyfoot around the market crying about FFP and negotiating like retards and ensuring we don't land the best talent? Because that's how your argument reads to me. Falling into the trap the media and the established mafioso have baited for us.

Wise up brother.

Cheers

We aren't crying or negotiating like retards.

It's not me who is complaining about it . I think we're doing fine.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:32 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Cheers

He's spot on though.

I don't believe that. We need to be decisive and bold and not fanny about with players we want. 5 or 10m isn't going to make A lick of FFP difference one way or another.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:02 pm

So you signed Sterling for 50 mil in May, Liverpool say they won't pay his wages so by 1st of July we owe Liverpool 50 mil 6 or 8 weeks wages.

Txiki gets him for 40 + 5 mil if we win trophies + no wages if you believe City. Or 45 plus 5 if you believe scouse cunts.

Either way, you are sacked.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:20 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:So you signed Sterling for 50 mil in May, Liverpool say they won't pay his wages so by 1st of July we owe Liverpool 50 mil 6 or 8 weeks wages.

Txiki gets him for 40 + 5 mil if we win trophies + no wages if you believe City. Or 45 plus 5 if you believe scouse cunts.

Now you're just stretching the basic point in some bullshit analysis. He couldn't have even been signed in May anyway so how would your equation above even work?

Goofball. Get back on the liquor or something.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:So you signed Sterling for 50 mil in May, Liverpool say they won't pay his wages so by 1st of July we owe Liverpool 50 mil 6 or 8 weeks wages.

How do we sign players in May exactly. Set up the deals which is how I read the Chairman's words.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:39 am

Stroud life reporting the Pogba deal will be done once we settle terms on image rights!
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:17 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Now you're just stretching the basic point in some bullshit analysis. He couldn't have even been signed in May anyway so how would your equation above even work?

Goofball. Get back on the liquor or something.

Cheers

Of course he could. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33114102 12 June. 'Depay completed a medical at United last month but the move has only just been finalised.'

Basically Van Gaal didn't want it doing whilst the season was still on, as it might interfere.

He just couldn't be registered until July.

You go straight in with you're bag full of money, being all manly, & Liverpool say 'ok but we're not paying his fucking wages til July, so you can stick that on the bill as well'.

Basically the point I'm making is that all this bluster about what our negotiators are doing being good or bad, is pure bullshit, because there is no one way or right or wrong way of doing stuff & we haven't got even a fucking clue what is happening apart from the occasional leak, & even that could be stage managed.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby harknowhear » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:35 am

apparently along with the image rights we are also looking to negotiate the agent fee which is currently at 10%. I don't think we will get much movement with this until next week where the barca election will determine our position in the pecking order.
harknowhear
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: CTID

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:48 am

harknowhear wrote:apparently along with the image rights we are also looking to negotiate the agent fee which is currently at 10%. I don't think we will get much movement with this until next week where the barca election will determine our position in the pecking order.

Barca are out of the game mate. Pogba strikes me as, like Sterling, a very ambitious player who is in a hurry. He aint gonna wait until some point when Barca may or may not be allowed to sign players, bearing in mind this isn't even to do with Neymar yet, just another scandal they are banned for!

The Messi tax business and the Neymar fiasco are still to come
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:00 am

I can feel it in my waters that we are gonna sign him.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby harknowhear » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:00 am

john@staustell wrote:
harknowhear wrote:apparently along with the image rights we are also looking to negotiate the agent fee which is currently at 10%. I don't think we will get much movement with this until next week where the barca election will determine our position in the pecking order.

Barca are out of the game mate. Pogba strikes me as, like Sterling, a very ambitious player who is in a hurry. He aint gonna wait until some point when Barca may or may not be allowed to sign players, bearing in mind this isn't even to do with Neymar yet, just another scandal they are banned for!

my gut feeling is that he'd prefer a move to barca so suggest he may be prepared to spend another year with the old lady to make it happen and that won't be cleared up until after the election at the weekend. I think his agent actually came out and said as much at the start of July. I'd love to be proved wrong though. Think he would be top drawer for us
harknowhear
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:03 am

harknowhear wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

my gut feeling is that he'd prefer a move to barca so suggest he may be prepared to spend another year with the old lady to make it happen and that won't be cleared up until after the election at the weekend. I think his agent actually came out and said as much at the start of July. I'd love to be proved wrong though. Think he would be top drawer for us

His agent said as much? I must've missed this.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby gillie » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:07 am

john@staustell wrote:

I'm probably being thick here but how are Barca able to offer contracts to players when they are banned from signing anyone for 2 transfer windows?
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:20 am

gillie wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

I'm probably being thick here but how are Barca able to offer contracts to players when they are banned from signing anyone for 2 transfer windows?

the Barca Transfer Ban means they are not allowed to register any new players until the ban is over. they can do what they want but it means they cannot play them. Players signed but have to sit out every weekend until January, I am sure there will be behind closed doors friendlies.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:17 am

lets all have a disco wrote:I can feel it in my waters that we are gonna sign him.
y

I'd kiss Ted on the mouth if we land him.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:36 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:I can feel it in my waters that we are gonna sign him.
y

I'd kiss Ted on the mouth if we land him.

Cheers

That comment is a bit tongue in cheek Doomie.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum