Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:26 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just looked up Gill's title at the FA; he's one of four who are called "Professional Game Directors".

This seems about right i.e. he directs how games go (or should go) or, in other words, he carries out the Sky/Scum instructions handed to him each week. His very grandiose title itself is a veritable damning indictment of who and what he is.

He definitely wants popping into the tumbril and taken along a.s.a.p. to the guillotine.

Moreover, I wonder if there are four of these 'Directors' to ensure there's one for each Division, so that Sky can get their 'influence' in early ??
He's our Darth Vader, the biggest threat to us.

Probably being very simplistic about this.
But does anybody else wonder if someone in the Sheiks royal family has had a word very high up in her majesty's government.

The Emirates fight back.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:10 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just looked up Gill's title at the FA; he's one of four who are called "Professional Game Directors".

This seems about right i.e. he directs how games go (or should go) or, in other words, he carries out the Sky/Scum instructions handed to him each week. His very grandiose title itself is a veritable damning indictment of who and what he is.

He definitely wants popping into the tumbril and taken along a.s.a.p. to the guillotine.

Moreover, I wonder if there are four of these 'Directors' to ensure there's one for each Division, so that Sky can get their 'influence' in early ??

But does anybody else wonder if someone in the Sheiks royal family has had a word very high up in her majesty's government.

The Emirates fight back.

Interesting thought IWT; it's just a pity that we'll never get to know what goes on 'behind the scenes'.

Talking of scenes, in this Star Wars analogy, if David Gill is Darth Vader, what character would Pep be playing :- would it be Luke Skywalker or Han Solo ??

Moreover, who would be playing Princess Leia (Vicky Kloss ??) and who would take the part of Obi Wan - would that be the Sheik himself ?? and is it possible that Kiddo would be cast as Yoda ??

The mind boggles..........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby mr_nool » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:49 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

The Emirates fight back.

Interesting thought IWT; it's just a pity that we'll never get to know what goes on 'behind the scenes'.

Talking of scenes, in this Star Wars analogy, if David Gill is Darth Vader, what character would Pep be playing :- would it be Luke Skywalker or Han Solo ??

Moreover, who would be playing Princess Leia (Vicky Kloss ??) and who would take the part of Obi Wan - would that be the Sheik himself ?? and is it possible that Kiddo would be cast as Yoda ??

All we can be certain of, is that Rio Ferdinand is Jar Jar Bings.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:04 am

just posted in another place

'City Accept FA Charge for Anti-Doping Admin Error

Caught the end of the 9am news on Radio 5.The FA claims that a number of players have been caught using recreational drugs but their names have been withheld to help them through recovery. Whilst our club are trashed in the media for an office cock-up. Do we know anyone in the FA who might want to discredit our club, just asking....,

on another matter, did anyone notice Pep's reaction when he saw who was going to ask the next question in his post Swansea PC?

Watch on youtube.com

when he saw the enormous red conk of the execrable rag

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:09 am

from another place

'This little gem from the BBC report on the swamp half year results:
The results come a day after Manchester United and its official timekeeper partner, TAG Heuer, unveiled a pair of club special-edition watches. The first of the watches, the F1, is on sale for £1,300.
The BBC is even advertising on their behalf. '
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:32 am

mr_nool wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

The Emirates fight back.

All we can be certain of, is that Rio Ferdinand is Jar Jar Bings.

Nice one Mr Nool.

Most appropriate.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
City64 wrote:
City64 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38860676

Parliament carry a vote of No Confidence in the FA today for failing to reform and modernise ...................

Interesting !

It certainly is interesting No.64.

Although there's nothing binding in itself, in such a vote, the Sports Minister has now said that if the FA "don't pick up fairly quickly, reform will be delivered to them".

If the Government go through with this, David Gill ought to be one of the first to be kicked out.

Is this not the pot calling the kettle?

Not being funny but both organisations aren't fit for purpose and in the case if the government, probably for 60 or more years

Just as an interesting follow up to the point you raise about the two Organisations NB, when the Commons voted on the motion of no confidence in the FA, the Sports Minister apparently opposed it.......and she's the one who's now decided to do the sabre rattling against that body, with the issue of these latest 'threats'.

If she opposed the motion in the first place, is it because she actually thinks the FA is fit for purpose in its current state ??

There seems to be a few corkscrew principles being twisted around here, plus an unhealthy dose of hypocrisy at play.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
City64 wrote:
City64 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38860676

Parliament carry a vote of No Confidence in the FA today for failing to reform and modernise ...................

Interesting !

It certainly is interesting No.64.

Although there's nothing binding in itself, in such a vote, the Sports Minister has now said that if the FA "don't pick up fairly quickly, reform will be delivered to them".

If the Government go through with this, David Gill ought to be one of the first to be kicked out.

Is this not the pot calling the kettle?

Not being funny but both organisations aren't fit for purpose and in the case if the government, probably for 60 or more years

Just as an interesting follow up to the point you raise about the two Organisations NB, when the Commons voted on the motion of no confidence in the FA, the Sports Minister apparently opposed it.......and she's the one who's now decided to do the sabre rattling against that body, with the issue of these latest 'threats'.

If she opposed the motion in the first place, is it because she actually thinks the FA is fit for purpose in its current state ??

There seems to be a few corkscrew principles being twisted around here, plus an unhealthy dose of hypocrisy at play.

her boss is a devoted City fan btw, we should have a word
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:27 pm

Sky Headline:
Howe - We Don't Fear Man City

Only he never said that at all.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... eddie-howe
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Original Dub wrote:Sky Headline:

We should use the moniker FAKE NEWS from now on.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Sky Headline:

We should use the moniker FAKE NEWS from now on.

Well, they at least managed to spell "fearful" correctly.

It's just strange that they got everything else wrong............
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:27 pm

Just seen the dippers have banned representatives (can't use the word journalist), from matches at Anfield.

Should we be taking a similar stance on individuals who continue to print lies and general shite about us?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:Just seen the dippers have banned representatives (can't use the word journalist), from matches at Anfield.

Should we be taking a similar stance on individuals who continue to print lies and general shite about us?

Absolutely.

With immediate effect.

PS Just for interest, did the dippers give reasons why they opted for this action ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:35 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Just seen the dippers have banned representatives (can't use the word journalist), from matches at Anfield.

Absolutely.

With immediate effect.

PS Just for interest, did the dippers give reasons why they opted for this action ??

The city of Liverpool as a whole has effectively boycotted the newspaper after the stories they printed about the Hillsboro disaster. Imagine the club are just taking it to the next level. Much as I despise the club, I am with them on this one
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Scatman » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:09 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Absolutely.

With immediate effect.

The city of Liverpool as a whole has effectively boycotted the newspaper after the stories they printed about the Hillsboro disaster. Imagine the club are just taking it to the next level. Much as I despise the club, I am with them on this one

Why has it taken them so long?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Scatman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Absolutely.

With immediate effect.

Spot on action by them by why so long? If it was me it would have been the next day.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Scatman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Absolutely.

With immediate effect.

Spot on action by them by why so long? If it was me it would have been the next day.

So it's the Sun you're referring to; I didn't catch on at first who it was and thought it was all football 'journalists'. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Old age, poverty and senility must really be catching up on me now :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:33 am

Yes we should, but we won't.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:34 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Absolutely.

With immediate effect.

They need to step up the ban to all Murdoch's papers, as we all do.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby MUS » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:41 am

We can't afford to ban journos at this stage in the development. All news is good news after all. It makes more sense for the club to be discussed in these filthy hate-mongering "newspapers" in order to increase brand awareness etc. We're just gonna have to grin and bear it. Anyhoo, with Pep leading the lads it's only a matter of time until they begrudgingly print positive articles which will be sweeter for us. We are the juggernaut, move bitch, get out the way! :lol:
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum