When you own a Ferrari .......

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: When you own a Ferrari .......

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:12 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
lythamblue wrote:I also think our players like to get it on the track and have some fun with it too!

Their body language today as opposed to other games, would suggest to me that they were also getting sick and tired of being told to drive it well with in the speed limits. They have probably been gagging to be allowed to open it up a bit.

After all, the way they probably drive their own cars here in the UK, they will have now realised that if you drive fast ..... you will ultimately pick up more points!!!

You just have to realise that your motor is far superior to the others you are competing against and that will only come out when you drive it to the limits ...... otherwise you are just bringing yourself down to their level.

Absofuckingloutely!! Imagine all these players like Tevez, Silva, Yaya Toure, World Cup & title winners, being sold the 'project' at City, then they envisage playing great football & winning trophies but when they get here we spend all our time defending & aim for 4th!!??

Now they have something to believe in, as do we.

kinell, calm down.. lets have a game at home before we all go goo goo. Dont forget it is Mancini in charge after all.

If we try to play like that at home & it doesn't work, at least we will have attacked with a purpose rather than putting balls up to Tevez for him to wriggle around in circles until the rest arrive in dribs & drabs 5 mins later. Today we had attacking purpose & players had people to pass to & we had PEOPLE MAKING FORWARD RUNS!!!! I can barely contain myself!

Obviously.. go watch the Brum game again and note the differences.

As you say on tother thread, the set up is pretty much the same.. it is mostly about the player mentality and connections together during the games. Im not getting at you but im surprised that the lack of performances blinded you to this. Your analysis is usually spot on but you have really lost the plot recently, out of frustration i guess.

There is still a long way to go adn when teams come and sit at Coms it is a different story to today and we will need something a bit special to make a difference.

I've said in almost every thread that it's about attitude not personnel. That's what I'm referring to when I say it. You can't make 'player connections' when you attack in twos & are more concerned about the space you leave behind than the space you're running into. DeJong & Yaya were often on the halfway line when we were breaking away v Brum as the game stated to stretch in the last 10 mins. Rather than push one or both forward, we took off Tevez & brought on Barry. The whole mentality even in a game we were going forward was still about being careful not to get caught rather than taking a risk to win. Today players passed & moved. Often at home they pass & stand still, holding a shape in case we lose the ball.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:30 pm

I've said in almost every thread that it's about attitude not personnel. That's what I'm referring to when I say it. You can't make 'player connections' when you attack in twos & are more concerned about the space you leave behind than the space you're running into. DeJong & Yaya were often on the halfway line when we were breaking away v Brum as the game stated to stretch in the last 10 mins. Rather than push one or both forward, we took off Tevez & brought on Barry. The whole mentality even in a game we were going forward was still about being careful not to get caught rather than taking a risk to win. Today players passed & moved. Often at home they pass & stand still, holding a shape in case we lose the ball.

Is that the players interpretation or the managers instructions?

Personally i am thinking it is the players interpretaion.. same team same set up and they play in a different mode.

im not knocking them too much as i understand it takes time, knockbacks and successes.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:32 pm

For the Stoke game he's gonna go all Del-Boy Trotter on us going for a 3 pronged attack with a little dynamo up front. Once we've pushed them back he's then gonna roll out the Ca-pri Ghia and go into over-drive. Trigg says that Dave's the main man whilst Boycee is longing to see Super 'Marlene' back in action.

Who needs a Ferrari eh ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:38 pm

brite blu sky wrote:

Personally i am thinking it is the players interpretaion.. same team same set up and they play in a different mode.

im not knocking them too much as i understand it takes time, knockbacks and successes.

Neither, it's the mentality, the feel, the soul of the team. Today's team was sent out with a striker on the left side, to go & win & stick it up Hughes' arse & has been told we're after the title, not cruising along to slip into 4th. We had attitude skill & goals written all over us. If we maintain the same mentality in home games, we may lose one or two by being mugged by various destructive outfits like Everton, even occasionally get outplayed on a bad day but we'll win shitloads of games & get plenty of points. Eventually we'll get better and better at it & stop losing more than one or two a season. Then we have arrived.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

Neither, it's the mentality, the feel, the soul of the team. Today's team was sent out with a striker on the left side, to go & win & stick it up Hughes' arse & has been told we're after the title, not cruising along to slip into 4th. We had attitude skill & goals written all over us. If we maintain the same mentality in home games, we may lose one or two by being mugged by various destructive outfits like Everton, even occasionally get outplayed on a bad day but we'll win shitloads of games & get plenty of points. Eventually we'll get better and better at it & stop losing more than one or two a season. Then we have arrived.

excellent post my good man!

Great teams always try to win. They don't all defend for a couple of years and then decide they are now ready to become an attacking team. They play to win and year upon year they get better at it. Of course we'll lose along the way, but I see more light at the end of the tunnel with that approach than I do with the approach some on here are trying to tell me is NECCESSARY.

Its easy to say "we're getting there" and "we've started to click" or even "I told you so", but IMHO its no coincedence that a game like today followed the most amount of criticism directed at Mancini since his arrival for the style of play he was insisting upon.

Sometimes its neccessary to criticise and even boo, so that the guy in charge knows the fans expect their team to try to win every game... because that is part of our heritage and we have the right to let him know this.

If we try to win, they sing his name, if we try not to lose they boo.

I think the penny has now dropped, but we'll find out over the next few weeks.
Original Dub

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:52 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

excellent post my good man!

Great teams always try to win. They don't all defend for a couple of years and then decide they are now ready to become an attacking team. They play to win and year upon year they get better at it. Of course we'll lose along the way, but I see more light at the end of the tunnel with that approach than I do with the approach some on here are trying to tell me is NECCESSARY.

Its easy to say "we're getting there" and "we've started to click" or even "I told you so", but IMHO its no coincedence that a game like today followed the most amount of criticism directed at Mancini since his arrival for the style of play he was insisting upon.

Sometimes its neccessary to criticise and even boo, so that the guy in charge knows the fans expect their team to try to win every game... because that is part of our heritage and we have the right to let him know this.

If we try to win, they sing his name, if we try not to lose they boo.

I think the penny has now dropped, but we'll find out over the next few weeks.

You cannot always go out to win. Some games you have to avoid getting beat, that has to be minimal though. Too many times this season it has been the other way round but that is understandle so soon into a new era.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby lythamblue » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:10 am

Interesting comments on here but I believe the Ferrari has already been built ..... all we have to do is learn how to drive it to win.

I just hope Mancio takes as much confidence from this result as we have and continues to race it from here on in.

I take the point about it being harder at home when opposing teams park the bus, but we still have to up it a gear with the accelerator to the floor.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum