Fans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fans

Postby Kladze » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:47 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
I don't think ANYONE likes the way we are playing at the moment...but I for one am quite willing to wait until the end of the season to see if he can deliver the good that the Sheikh desires...if not...I doubt he will be here to start next season anyway...so I don't understand why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist

I just KNOW I'm likely to be slaughtered for saying this ........ but I, for one, am not remotely interested in what "the Sheik desires".

His money is a means to an end. I'd much prefer it to be an end "which I desire". It's our club not his ;-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby coMs » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:55 am

so to sum up the original post; the reason we are playing shit, unimaginative, boring football is because the fans are too quiet.
If the crowd had sang, screamed and shouted for 90 min's do you think Mancini would have told his players to play any differently; or made different substitutions to the ones he made?
coMs
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:58 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:Far too sensible, expect a kicking.

So Lev, apart from the rest of the post, that in the main, I agree with, are you saying that it is alright to lambast the crowd who have been watching these games, tactics and somewhat concerning choices of playing staff; is that what you are advocating?

As you being an ardent Blue, you will be well aware of the responses from the crowd on Saturday. So:

Were those dissenting voices at half time just coming from a small minority of supporters or was it reverberating around the ground?

When the chnage was made for Carlos, was it just a small minority who were astonished at what was taking place or was it the majority of the ground who stood up in defiance of what they were seeing?

If the answer is 'Yes', then that would suggest that the paying going public are starting to get really aggravated with our current set-up and therefore are starting to turn against the manager. If the answer is 'No', well, I'm not sure what to say
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:13 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
colonel_muck wrote:people can look at it however they want. but i know what i like to see from a football match, especially when i've paid to see it. and city this season (except against liverpool when we were class) has not been it. how come i don't get bored watching chelsea, spurs even united? do teams not 'defend properly' against them?

Its a myth that we HAVE to play like this to get fourth. Absolute horse shit.

Yet 4th is exactly where we are Dub

Can I ask?

If Bobby plays the tactical game for the rest of the season and we finish exactly where we want to be in 4th spot
Will you be so critical?

Is that really where we want to finish IBH? Last years trajectory was to finish 4th and that wasn't achieved. After a bout of spending we now have a squad that could possibly challenge for 1st and although I think that it is a little early to be looking at that, I don't want to see us aiming for 4th. Where does 4th actually get us? Does it get us in the Group Stage that we need? Does it get us the lucrative deals that are required to allow entry into future European football? And that's the point, it would be a hell of a gamble to accept 4th, one that no-one would want to take.

Also, whilst talking about fans, the whole aim of our 'Project' is to dominate football in the years to come and widen our fan-base by winning them over on the pitch. Games like the Derby are opportunities to get our brand into people's front rooms, but from that game the only thing that they'd think is that United are still the deal, not City.

Us fans though, we'll keep turning up and watching whatever, but I'd suggest all that we want to see is a decent football match with relatively decent tactics. We don't mind if they are negative at times but it would nice to be able to get the points at the end; 1-0 bore-wins will suffice at this moment. The problem is, we are not even seeing that and to not score a goal in 3 home games is becoming Pearce-esque, which we all know led to many supporters refusing to go allowing the fan-base to slide.

Factor the 8 points from a maximum 18 or 5 in 5, then people start to get concerned, especially when our close neighbours seem to be there for the picking.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beeks » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:26 pm

The table doesn't lie and as it stands we are the fourth best team in the premiership

this is a results game..lots of teams play entertaining football who are languishing near the bottom

like I said..I'll wait until the season ends before making judgement
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:41 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:The table doesn't lie and as it stands we are the fourth best team in the premiership

this is a results game..lots of teams play entertaining football who are languishing near the bottom

If it's a results game why are you quoting that you support it when we are going through such results. I like to work off a 6 game roll for form, so here's our last 6:

WLLWDD

Blackpool 2 - 3 City
City 0 - 3 Arsenal
Wolves 2 - 1 City
Brom 0 - 2 City
City 0 - 0 United
City 0 - 0 Brum

That makes it 8 points from a possible 18 and although I'm not suggesting this is the norm, it does put a worrying slant on things when you consider if we kept that sort of form we would be looking at a points total of around 55 points, possibly good enough for mid-table. If that is the case, would you still want to give him until the end of the season before revising your views?

It is extreme and I know deep down that Mancio can turn it around, but if he doesn't start making in-roads into the points in the next few games, he won't only lose the fans, he may just lose the board as well.

PS. In the form table we are actually 9th.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beeks » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Form Shmorm...We are 4th in the real table and that is all that counts
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:46 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:The table doesn't lie and as it stands we are the fourth best team in the premiership

Can't remember the position last season, but we had exactly the same points. I think we then got 4 points from the next 4, including the game hughes was sacked after.

I thought we were poor last season and I see no progress, but I suppose I just need to keep quiet and go to the opera, as my views don't fall in line with corporate policy. I'm evidently one of these new, fickle fans that should just fuck off according to some.

This used to be a place where you could debate football and accept that the whole beauty is that everyone has a different view. It is yet again becoming a playground, where you have to be in the in or out camp and whichever you're in, you'll be castigated by the others. Pathetic. (that's not aimed at you, IBH, just a general rant about the quality of 'debate' on here)
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby shooter » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:48 pm

Some people never happy are they FFS!!
WE ARE 4th only six points from TOP. Support the Team not the Media Witch hunt!!!
shooter
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:53 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Form Shmorm...We are 4th in the real table and that is all that counts

Ha ha ha!

Kiss my furry ass ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beeks » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:

Can't remember the position last season, but we had exactly the same points. I think we then got 4 points from the next 4, including the game hughes was sacked after.

I thought we were poor last season and I see no progress, but I suppose I just need to keep quiet and go to the opera, as my views don't fall in line with corporate policy. I'm evidently one of these new, fickle fans that should just fuck off according to some.

This used to be a place where you could debate football and accept that the whole beauty is that everyone has a different view. It is yet again becoming a playground, where you have to be in the in or out camp and whichever you're in, you'll be castigated by the others. Pathetic. (that's not aimed at you, IBH, just a general rant about the quality of 'debate' on here)

As you can see by my post i'm not having a pop at anyone mate...everyone is entitled to their opinion...was just stating mine ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby SORTED » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:04 pm

I sincerely hope that this piss poor brand of football we're currently witnessing is all part of the bedding in period, part of a long term plan to develop a winning mentality throughout the club. I'm willing to accept this on the proviso that in order to become a great team you need a solid defensive foundation. This, I believe, is where we are currently at.

I would hope that once the players are fully aware of what Mancini expects of them as individuals... and moreover as a team we will see major improvements - operating as a finely tuned unit, attacking...and defending as a whole - Bobby Manc's take on total football?
SORTED
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Kladze » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:06 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

As you can see by my post i'm not having a pop at anyone mate...everyone is entitled to their opinion...was just stating mine ;-)

Must admit that I hope it doesn't degenerate into the mud slinging stuff we saw last season. So far it hasn't, except for that cheeky Aussie cunt Dazby calling me a twat yesterday ;-)
Last edited by Kladze on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:06 pm

If you think the debate is bad on here i'd take a look over at the MEN's City pages, truly laughable stuff there.

Edit: Kladze is a twat.
The Man In Blue

Postby Kladze » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 pm

I will add to my earlier post by saying I fully respect the opinions of that true gent, the man in blue.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

I'm all for people having their own opinion. It would be quite dull on here if someone gave an opinion and the only response was 'I agree'.

You've given your opinion and provided reasons for it. Others, e.g. Beefy have come back with a counter argument. If were 6 points clear at the top of the league with 2 games to go, those discussions would still happen.

The annoying thing is when some try to turn it into a facist state, where an opinion other than theirs means you're not a true fan.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Kladze wrote: ust admit that I hope it doesn't degenerate into the mud slinging stuff we saw last season. So far it hasn't, except for that cheeky Aussie cunt Dazby calling me a twat yesterday ;-)

Must admit, he makes a decent point though ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beeks » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:14 pm

SORTED wrote:I sincerely hope that this piss poor brand of football we're currently witnessing is all part of the bedding in period, part of a long term plan to develop a winning mentality throughout the club. I'm willing to accept this on the proviso that in order to become a great team you need a solid defensive foundation. This, I believe, is where we are currently at.

That's exactly where I think we are...I'm sure I heard before Bobby came that he was quite an attacking Manager at previous clubs...could be wrong
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:Far too sensible, expect a kicking.

So Lev, apart from the rest of the post, that in the main, I agree with, are you saying that it is alright to lambast the crowd who have been watching these games, tactics and somewhat concerning choices of playing staff; is that what you are advocating?

As you being an ardent Blue, you will be well aware of the responses from the crowd on Saturday. So:

Were those dissenting voices at half time just coming from a small minority of supporters or was it reverberating around the ground?

When the chnage was made for Carlos, was it just a small minority who were astonished at what was taking place or was it the majority of the ground who stood up in defiance of what they were seeing?

If the answer is 'Yes', then that would suggest that the paying going public are starting to get really aggravated with our current set-up and therefore are starting to turn against the manager. If the answer is 'No', well, I'm not sure what to say

I've no idea whether the boos were from a majority or not, but there were lots of them. So, yes the paying public is getting fed up with what they see. I don't blame them for that. But, let's be honest this isn't the first time a City team has been booed. It was embarassing then - it's embarassing now. (I had a pal who was a steward in the Main Stand during the late 90s, they weren't called Main Stand Moaners for nothing, Saturday was a gentle ripple of dissatisfaction in comparison). If someone can give me one example of a team being improved by booing, then please tell me. There might be examples but I can't think of one.

Like it or not we start off from where we are not from where we'd like to be. We have a manager who believes he has identified weaknesses in our game from last year, that we gave too much away too cheaply. If that is his thinking then IMO he's damn right.
So, I'm guessing that he's trying to play a game where we are in control and give nothing away, hoping that in so doing we create enough chances to win games, if not then at least we get a draw.

Secondly, I think he believed that the mentality of many of the squad wasn't strong enough (right again) and he's trying to femedy it.

Do you know why Carlos was bought off - I certainly don't? He could have been carrying an injury and decided that he was flogging a dead horse and to save him for a better day (which is what Platt seemed to be getting at). He could have decided that Carlos wasn't linking play as he should so sought an answer. He could have thought that Carlos's hair style was rubbish and brought him off to save the club from further embarrassment. Who knows? Nobody who was booing did either, so as far as I'm concerned it was a knee-jerk reaction and deserves criticism.

Now I grant you, we aren't pretty and we are boring many people. But grant me a couple of things in return, we've got a manager who is working to improve our station in life, who also identifies problems and tries to put it right, so let's all just chill out, cut the guy some slack and let him get on with doing his job.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:23 pm

seriously though, the booing really did make me feel uncomfortable. i have never and will never boo any city player or side, i just don't understand it. if people want to do it then ok, you pay yer cash so do what you like.

I can't make up my mind about satdi, we were pretty shite in the first half but had the brummie twats pinned back in the second - the point someone made about the reaction had three or even two goals gone in is a pretty valid one. But - and this is a big, fuck-off but - we have had this problem since Hughes' first season. We are known as a pretty potent attacking side on our day and most teams - including the so called biggest club in the world - have and will come to park the bus.

Why havn't we learnt to deal with this?
The Man In Blue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum