What the hell has happened to my beloved club?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What the hell has happened to my beloved club?

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:10 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Kladze wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:yeah, lets go back to being a fucking joke so the old timers can have unsullied consciences.

i have never seen us win FUCK ALL and for a large part of my life had been resigned to the fact WE NEVER WOULD.

fucking selfish maudlin threads like this do my head in, so fuck the tin hat bring it on.

Hey!
Us so called old timers want a trophy or three as well you know. Don't tar us all with the same brush because one self-indulgent hand wringer starts a ridiculous thread :-)

sorry mate, i just feel some of the older blues forget our generation don't have the memories of success that they do.

crossan, are you colin schindler?

You're forgiven mate.
I lived through the late 60s / early 70s 'glory days' though and then saw it all go to pot as we gradually became first a yoyo team and then a fucking music hall joke.
All this bollox Crossan is spouting about players who 'kiss the badge and wouldn't have come near us' etc is just that - bollox.

Does he imagine that Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee, Francis Lee were all born and bred City fans who came to us without giving a second thought to the signing on fee they'd get plus the increase in wages?
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:11 pm

crossan wrote:
edgeley blue wrote:
crossan wrote:
superkev8705 wrote:As our chairman said. This is a new City that has kept its soul and evolved.

IT HAS NOT KEPT ITS SOUL AND THAT'S A FACT,WE ARE WHAT CHELSEA WERE LIKE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO.

What do you want then?

I don't want mercanary bastards coming in kissing the badge that they would have pissed on a few years ago obvously no names mentioned.Those players woulds not have touched us with a barge pole at one time.

Unfortunately crossan, all footballers today are mercenary bastards. Did rooney grow up supporting the rags? no
Would Rooney have signed for the rags if they were paying him £200 a week? no

ALL footballers go for the cash nowadays. Fact
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby crossan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:31 pm

SO THERE SHOULD BE NO CEALING ON WAGES THEN EH?
HOPEFULLY THE SHEIK WILL NOT GET FRUSTRATED AND BORED AND BUGGER OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE AND LEAVE US TO A LEEDS UNITED TYPE FATE..........................
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Blue2 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:32 pm

Crossan, would you rather we were shit again with likliehood of winning fuck all- ever?
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:34 pm

I was in a pretty good mood until I read this thread. Totally pathetic.

Any chance of a mod locking it?
No? Thought not.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Exiled » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:37 pm

I'm a gloryhunter!!! Dennis Tueart's overhead kick did it for me. Now I've been waitng ever since for that fecking glory to arrive.

I'm sad to see the old City disappear but absolutely loving the new City. I still get just as stressed out but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If we have to break a few eggs along the way, so be it.

I cried with joy when Dickov scored in the Wembley play off final and did again on the day when Mansour took over and we bought Robinho. If we ever win the Prem or the FA Cup, I will cry like a baby.
Exiled
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Murph » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:39 pm

crossan wrote:Joe Mercer and Albert Alexander must be turning in their graves

I think you'll find Joe Mercer (who was a proper legend) and the Alexander family were treated appallingly by those wielding power back in the so-called good old days.
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:44 pm

Kladze wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:
Kladze wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:yeah, lets go back to being a fucking joke so the old timers can have unsullied consciences.

i have never seen us win FUCK ALL and for a large part of my life had been resigned to the fact WE NEVER WOULD.

fucking selfish maudlin threads like this do my head in, so fuck the tin hat bring it on.

Hey!
Us so called old timers want a trophy or three as well you know. Don't tar us all with the same brush because one self-indulgent hand wringer starts a ridiculous thread :-)

sorry mate, i just feel some of the older blues forget our generation don't have the memories of success that they do.

crossan, are you colin schindler?

You're forgiven mate.
I lived through the late 60s / early 70s 'glory days' though and then saw it all go to pot as we gradually became first a yoyo team and then a fucking music hall joke.
All this bollox Crossan is spouting about players who 'kiss the badge and wouldn't have come near us' etc is just that - bollox.

Does he imagine that Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee, Francis Lee were all born and bred City fans who came to us without giving a second thought to the signing on fee they'd get plus the increase in wages?

last column is the most important. This is how professional football has been since the dawn of time. Sure, stakes are higher but just the same way players have come and gone for as long as I can remember. Whether it makes it feel different that we are signing players from Barcelona instead of Bury, that's for everyone to decide for themselves but essentially it's still the same.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:47 pm

Fuck off Crossan you whinging git.

I have suffered for 40 odd years, being laughed at and mocked because of City ,and I prayed for the day that some nutter would buy us out and make us a super power.

Well it happened, but it was even bigger than I could ever have imagined it to be and Ill be fucked if my mindset is going to be swayed because the manager decides to offload certain players....did you honestly think it was going to be all hunky dory.
2 fuckign home grown players played the other day.guess what..they were the worst 2 on show !

We are a different animal..........get used to it ffs.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:48 pm

crossan wrote:SO THERE SHOULD BE NO CEALING ON WAGES THEN EH?
HOPEFULLY THE SHEIK WILL NOT GET FRUSTRATED AND BORED AND BUGGER OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE AND LEAVE US TO A LEEDS U***d TYPE FATE..........................

Fucking hell pal, get a grip.

For the sheik to leave, he would have to find a buyer. Nobody would buy a business with such outgoings and no possible way to pay the bills. Effectively, as things stand, this club is worth less than zero, the sheik would have to pay somebody to take it off his hands.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:53 pm

The Premier League is big business & all the clubs are to a certain extent doing the same as us. We've just become a bit more ruthless than we used to be, which may help in some ways but hinder in others.

Some of the fans have gone very raglike though & that does worry me.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Fuck off Crossan you whinging git.

I have suffered for 40 odd years, being laughed at and mocked because of City ,and I prayed for the day that some nutter would buy us out and make us a super power.

Well it happened, but it was even bigger than I could ever have imagined it to be and Ill be fucked if my mindset is going to be swayed because the manager decides to offload certain players....did you honestly think it was going to be all hunky dory.
2 fuckign home grown players played the other day.guess what..they were the worst 2 on show !

fuck... maybe crossan is right after all... i mean there is no fucking way this cunt can be right about anything, let alone have me agreeing with him.
The Man In Blue

Postby crossan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:The Premier League is big business & all the clubs are to a certain extent doing the same as us. We've just become a bit more ruthless than we used to be, which may help in some ways but hinder in others.

Oh thank goodness that a poster like you has some sympathy for my argument...................
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:57 pm

crossan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:The Premier League is big business & all the clubs are to a certain extent doing the same as us. We've just become a bit more ruthless than we used to be, which may help in some ways but hinder in others.

Oh thank goodness that a poster like you has some sympathy for my argument...................

Don't get too excited Crossan - Ted has been banging that particular drum all fucking day :-D
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Fuck off Crossan you whinging git.

THIS apart from its 34 years for me
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:03 pm

crossan wrote:

this is the fucking point though crossan - you have no sympathy towards younger blues who have had nothing but false dawns, merciless piss-taking and only the occasional meaningless derby win to alleviate the sick feeling in the bottom of our stomachs. you know, the "oh fuck me this is a life sentence it will always be like this" feeling. or maybe you don't. you've seen the blues as champions of england, and now you want to deprive the rest of us the chance so you can live in your cosy little blue-tinted world?

well pardon me, but fuck off.
Last edited by The Man In Blue on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Man In Blue

Postby Crossie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Stop moaning, if you want to win things, this is the only way to catch up and do it.

Lets win some meaningful trophies, and THEN start worrying about our image etc.

Do you think any other club given, say, 1 Billion pounds to spend, would do things any other way?

Do you think we deserve some success after all we have been through?

I fucking do, and I dont give a shit how to we do it, I want us to be the best club in the world.

Ireland and Bellers would not be regular players for the 4 other teams "bigger" than us at the moment. Therefore they're not good enough for us. Sure Bellers is brill, winners attitude, but he is flawed by being a cunt, and being injured to much, we cant carry player like that, we dont have to anymore.

Our owner has a winners mentality. City fans do not. We need to get use to it quickly
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby crossan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Crossie wrote:Stop moaning, if you want to win things, this is the only way to catch up and do it.

Do you think any other club given, say, 1 Billion pounds to spend, would do things any other way?

I fucking do, and I dont give a shit how to we do it, I want us to be the best club in the world.

Ireland and Bellers would not be regular players for the 4 other teams "bigger" than us at the moment. Therefore they're not good enough for us. Sure Bellers is brill, winners attitude, but he is flawed by being a cunt, and being injured to much, we cant carry player like that, we dont have to anymore.

Our owner has a winners mentality. City fans do not. We need to get use to it quickly

MAYBE BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN WE HAVE TO LIKE THE WAY THINGS ARE BEING DONE DOES IT?
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Crossie wrote:Stop moaning, if you want to win things, this is the only way to catch up and do it.

Ireland and Bellers would not be regular players for the 4 other teams "bigger" than us at the moment.
Therefore they're not good enough for us. Sure Bellers is brill, winners attitude, but he is flawed by being a cunt, and being injured to much, we cant carry player like that, we dont have to anymore.

Too fucking true !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ashton287 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:12 pm

The price of success though, every big club has been run like a business for the last 15 years and now even the small clubs have to start doing it just to survive. Football has become too popular and too important to the people who run it to let there be any kind of emotion involved. From now on it's about cash. Were not fans anymore were just numbers in the clubs bank account but it's not going to stop me loving the club.

Would of been nice to see our home grown lads break the top four and bring us a trophy, would have meant twice as much to me anyway. They couldn't though and now it's time to let the "mercenaries" do it instead. Brings mixed emotions, I'm happy that my son is going to grow up watching city win trophy after trophy but a bit sad that he won't appreciate the high's were going to have because he's never experienced the low's that we've been through.

CITY TILL I FUCKING DIE.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum