Bellamy to Cardiff

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bellamy to Cardiff

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:20 pm

johnpb78 wrote:at last cardiff have said it aint happening

Something tells me he won't be sticking around though...

Craig Bellamy banned by Manchester City• Roberto Mancini lays down the law over 'disruptive' forward
• Bellamy expected to train with Cardiff City this week
(40)Tweet this (74)Daniel Taylor guardian.co.uk, Sunday 15 August 2010 22.29 BST Article history
Craig Bellamy has been outraged by the way Manchester City have marginalised him and made his feelings clear to Roberto Mancini. Photograph: Tom Jenkins

Craig Bellamy has been banned from Manchester City and black-listed as one of their players in a show of authority from the club's manager, Roberto Mancini. Bellamy has been told he will not be welcome at City's practice ground when the players resume training tomorrow and ordered to stay away until a deal has been arranged to find him a new club.

It follows several clashes with Mancini and other senior employees over the past few days. Bellamy has been outraged by the way City have marginalised him and has made his feelings clear to the manager and other players. He was told to train with the reserves on Friday but his attitude was perceived to be so "disruptive" the club have told him he is no longer welcome.

An angry Bellamy has returned to Wales to be with his family and is expected to train with Cardiff City tomorrow.

Cardiff have contacted City to ascertain their position and are hoping to capitalise on Bellamy's desire to play for his hometown club by persuading him to take a pay cut on a loan agreement. However, reports of a deal being imminent are premature, with City turning down a request from the Championship club to pay part of Bellamy's £95,000-a-week salary.

City would prefer to sell the 31-year-old but are reluctant to do business with Tottenham Hotspur, confirmed admirers of Bellamy, because they regard Harry Redknapp's team as competitors for the Champions League places. Celtic and Sunderland are interested while Mark Hughes, the former City manager, is trying to sign Bellamy for Fulham plus two more players from his previous club, Roque Santa Cruz and Shay Given.

Several other clubs are understood not to be deterred by the rancorous split and Bellamy's apparent inability to avoid confrontation with authority. Bellamy's CV, including spells at Liverpool, Newcastle United and Blackburn Rovers, has become synonymous with controversy and his eight months under Mancini have been rife with tension and mutual suspicion.

The tone of their relationship was set within Mancini's first weeks as manager when they had an argument about the player wanting an individually tailored training programme.Bellamy was also the subject of an internal investigation into comments in the players' tunnel after Mancini had clashed with David Moyes during the 2-0 home defeat to Everton in March. Someone was overheard shouting something offensive towards Mancini. Bellamy denied it was him and, with noise in the tunnel making it hard to gather evidence, the club decided not to reprimand him.

But Mancini was said to find it "disrespectful and unprofessional" when Bellamy, walking off the pitch after the 1-0 defeat to Tottenham that ended City's hopes of reaching the Champions League, high-fived Redknapp. Then, last week, Bellamy accused Mancini of not speaking to him for six months, an allegation that was strenuously denied. City's directors initially planned to fine Bellamy but instead, on Mancini's recommendation, they have decided to make him persona non grata and effectively wash their hands of him.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Banned from Carrington I hear. He must have really told them what he thinks about the way it's all been handled.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Burt » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:59 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Banned from Carrington I hear. He must have really told them what he thinks about the way it's all been handled.

6 months playing in the 2nd division should humble him a bit then methinks:o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:03 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Banned from Carrington I hear. He must have really told them what he thinks about the way it's all been handled.

Fuck him. Irksome little twat.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:24 am

He's his own worst enemy.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Kyle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:56 am

Everyone is so rediculious. You guys are too busy with the MCFC dick in your mouth that you can't realize that he is a person and MCFC is a buisness. They way he was treated was complete shit, and good on him for telling them his mind. Buisness has been sooooo shady this summer and quite frankly its rather pathetic and i'm getting sick of it fast.

Second divison will straighten him out? What kind of talk is this to someone who clearly plays 100% when given the opportunity. This isn't down to a lack of professionalism from Bellamy, but rather a lack of professionalism for Mancini and Cook.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:23 am

Can't see what he's done wrong to be honest. We won't play him or sell him what choice does he have?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby kinkylola » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:15 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Can't see what he's done wrong to be honest. We won't play him or sell him what choice does he have?

You won't read about what he's done wrong because if it came out it would probably be embarrassing for the club and for him personally. He is a grown man, who gives 100% on the field and acts like a child off of it.

Ask anyone at his former clubs and I'm sure they will tell you the same. No one has ever doubted his performance/commitment on the field, so what would you say the reason is that ever club he's been at has decided to wash their hands of him? It's probably because he does nothing wrong right?

Kyle wrote:Everyone is so rediculious. You guys are too busy with the MCFC dick in your mouth that you can't realize that he is a person and MCFC is a buisness. They way he was treated was complete shit, and good on him for telling them his mind. Buisness has been sooooo shady this summer and quite frankly its rather pathetic and i'm getting sick of it fast.

Second divison will straighten him out? What kind of talk is this to someone who clearly plays 100% when given the opportunity. This isn't down to a lack of professionalism from Bellamy, but rather a lack of professionalism for Mancini and Cook.

He's a person, you're right. But I don't support a person, I support a team. And when a player makes it impossible for the team to practice together, or form a bond ... and when the person's very presence undermines the leader of our team, I want him out. I like bellamy as a player (ON the pitch), I like his commitment, and I appreciate what he gave us in the time he was with us. But that doesn't mean I'm going to turn a blind eye towards his shit stirring and the circus that follows him everywhere.

I can't say for sure, I'm not there, but can you see bellamy being anything other than a divisive presence in any locker room? I can't. I'm sure anyone within ear shot knows how he feels about mancini, and if you're in a locker room and you're the manager and there is a twat spouting shit about you constantly, how can you abide having him be a star in your team? You can't. There has to be mutual respect, and I don't think bellamy has ever been capable of that with Mancini.

That about sums it up. Bellamy does not show mancini any respect. Like it or not, mancini is the boss, and it doesn't matter who you are, if you don't respect the boss, you go. I like that personally, and I hope it continues and we have a culture of discipline and respect at the club ... not a culture of players like bellamy and barton who think they are bigger than it all.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:15 am

I remember the press conference where Mancini was asked why he was dropping Ireland and Bellamy,
some of his first words were, "I am the coach." He then gave off this uncomfortable stare that reminded
me of the press conference where he quit Inter Milan. I have noticed that it one of the few ways to piss
off Mancini is too challenge his authority in the locker room.

They eyes say everything, as they say. And those Roman pupils were ON FIRE.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:24 am

CitizenYank wrote:I remember the press conference where Mancini was asked why he was dropping Ireland and Bellamy,
some of his first words were, "I am the coach." He then gave off this uncomfortable stare that reminded
me of the press conference where he quit Inter Milan. I have noticed that it one of the few ways to piss
off Mancini is too challenge his authority in the locker room.

They eyes say everything, as they say. And those Roman pupils were ON FIRE.

Mancini is clearly a likeable and amiable fella but, I feel, he backs that up with a no-nonsense "I am the boss" style ruthlessness. I hope I'm right in saying that because if we're ever going to develop a team, rather than a band of talented individuals, it's precisely what's needed.
Bellamy, and Ireland to some extent, are up their own arses. While I've appreciated Bellamy's efforts on the pitch I've not enjoyed his divisiveness off it. He has form, so get rid.
It's also about making a stand - to ensure nobody else thinks they can be the tail wagging the dog.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:06 am

I realize he can be a pain in the arse, but I think us efforts for us either deserve a spot or a decent transfer.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby kinkylola » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:52 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I realize he can be a pain in the arse, but I think us efforts for us either deserve a spot or a decent transfer.

It depends ... I think because of his effort on the field and his performances he was granted a lot of slack with his antics off field. Running his mouth and what have you. But when it crossed the line of disrespecting his manager, then it was entirely too far.

He will now and forever play the victim in this saga, but I believe that deep down he knows he crossed a line. It's his pride that won't let him back in at city, not anything mancini did. And I agree that's a shame, but we cannot let him go to a rival. I would be ok with letting him go to fulham, so he can be with his bum chum, but that's about it. I bet mark hughes has been cheeky and made a bid of 500,000 with another 5 or 6m tacked on appearance bonuses ... like he'd reach 50 league appearances for fulham or some shit.

Bellamy himself has made his position untenable, and he is now doing it on purpose. As a club we need to stand strong and not give him a transfer to spurs above all else. That would cost us much more than him sitting on the bench and pulling a danny mills on 90k a week.

I hold no ill will against him, but at this point he has become a cancer to the team ... he has disrespected management and made the club look bad. Sorry craig, it was a good run we had ... it's over now.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:25 am

I wonder what he has done. I mean whatever you think about him, Mancini isn't easily distracted and was complicated as a player himself.

Why do I get the feeling that Bellamy has gone off to some people above Mancini in hierarchy?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby kinkylola » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:11 am

i would agree ... it does have the feeling that bellamy tried to go over mancini's head and when mancini found out about this he probably went to the board and said no fucking way is this happening on my watch, I am in charge of the players and that is how it is. Our owners, knowing the correct process of delegation and responsibility, agree with him and allow him to discipline as he sees fit. Mancini has a meeting with bellamy ... sort of a "wtf mate, let's lay it on the table" get together, bellamy spouts some shit, bobby probably showed his temper as well and the outcome is bellamy banished.

niall, if it went down this way, what would your opinion be? I mean apart from saying "it's a shame it didn't work out, he was a legend in the making" I think that is fairly agreeable to all parties. I think bellamy could have been a great player for us. I guess what I'm asking is where do you stand if it's purely a player vs. manager power play?
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:19 am

kinkylola wrote:i would agree ... it does have the feeling that bellamy tried to go over mancini's head and when mancini found out about this he probably went to the board and said no fucking way is this happening on my watch, I am in charge of the players and that is how it is. Our owners, knowing the correct process of delegation and responsibility, agree with him and allow him to discipline as he sees fit. Mancini has a meeting with bellamy ... sort of a "wtf mate, let's lay it on the table" get together, bellamy spouts some shit, bobby probably showed his temper as well and the outcome is bellamy banished.

niall, if it went down this way, what would your opinion be? I mean apart from saying "it's a shame it didn't work out, he was a legend in the making" I think that is fairly agreeable to all parties. I think bellamy could have been a great player for us. I guess what I'm asking is where do you stand if it's purely a player vs. manager power play?

The same way I always stand on these things. For better or for worse there is (or at least should be) ONE man in a football club who makes the decisions on all footballing matters. And that man is the manager of a football club. Whether he is making right or wrong decisions is always up for discussion but as long as the manager holds that position, everyone in hieararchy should go with his opinion.

And yes, before someone tries to say otherwise, this was my opinion when Hughes was in charge as well. I didn't agree with many (most?) of his decisions and I don't agree with all of Mancini's decisions but that's the only way to go if we plan to maintain any level of discipline.

Regarding Bellamy, he is problematic and like many people (including Joe Royle) has said, happy Bellamy who is playing is advantage to a Club but Bellamy sitting on the bench is exact opposite. I can believe that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:32 am

Kyle wrote:Everyone is so rediculious. You guys are too busy with the MCFC dick in your mouth that you can't realize that he is a person and MCFC is a buisness. They way he was treated was complete shit, and good on him for telling them his mind. Buisness has been sooooo shady this summer and quite frankly its rather pathetic and i'm getting sick of it fast.

This.

Some City fans are getting an attiude which you only used to see coming from rags & we've won fuck all. It's not the way our club or fans used to treat players. (Watch everyone stick the knife into Adebayor if he's unsettled). I say everyone, but it only seems to happening in the cyber world. Everyone I know seems to think it stinks & it's built up a lot of potential trouble. Why the fuck do we always do this shite when thigs are going fine?!! Why not list Bellamy last season if he doesn't want him? Why take him on the fucking US tour then dump him after 1 excellent half game!!??

If Bellamy is being dumped because Mancini sees him as a trouble maker, he should have said so rather than taking him to the States, saying he's training well & there are no problems between them, then dumping him on the excuse of 'technical reasons'. It's snidey & it's shite, it's lies & it's completely unneccessary. It's rank fucking shit management however people twist it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:34 am

Yeah. That's kind of why we are here, right? Not because of Bellamy or any other individual player. But because we have MCFC dick in our mouth.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:13 am

I think Bellers is a cracking bloke and a brilliant player. But Mancini is in charge and if they don't get on, well something has to give. I actually don't have a problem selling him to Spurs if the price is right.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:23 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Yeah. That's kind of why we are here, right? Not because of Bellamy or any other individual player. But because we have MCFC dick in our mouth.

I think it depends on whether you see Marwood, Cook & Mancini as being the soul of the club or just the business arm. At the moment, Bellamy, Ireland, Ned & Co are more MCFC than any of those 3, they've given people more enjoyment & probably have more affiliation with the club. The others can gain that connection over time but so far none of them have done anything to earn it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:26 am

kinkylola wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Can't see what he's done wrong to be honest. We won't play him or sell him what choice does he have?

You won't read about what he's done wrong because if it came out it would probably be embarrassing for the club and for him personally. He is a grown man, who gives 100% on the field and acts like a child off of it.

Ask anyone at his former clubs and I'm sure they will tell you the same. No one has ever doubted his performance/commitment on the field, so what would you say the reason is that ever club he's been at has decided to wash their hands of him? It's probably because he does nothing wrong right?

He's a person, you're right. But I don't support a person, I support a team. And when a player makes it impossible for the team to practice together, or form a bond ... and when the person's very presence undermines the leader of our team, I want him out. I like bellamy as a player (ON the pitch), I like his commitment, and I appreciate what he gave us in the time he was with us. But that doesn't mean I'm going to turn a blind eye towards his shit stirring and the circus that follows him everywhere.

I can't say for sure, I'm not there, but can you see bellamy being anything other than a divisive presence in any locker room? I can't. I'm sure anyone within ear shot knows how he feels about mancini, and if you're in a locker room and you're the manager and there is a twat spouting shit about you constantly, how can you abide having him be a star in your team? You can't. There has to be mutual respect, and I don't think bellamy has ever been capable of that with Mancini.

That about sums it up. Bellamy does not show mancini any respect. Like it or not, mancini is the boss, and it doesn't matter who you are, if you don't respect the boss, you go. I like that personally, and I hope it continues and we have a culture of discipline and respect at the club ... not a culture of players like bellamy and barton who think they are bigger than it all.

Very very well said. I love Bellamy, he was my favourite player last season but after all he said and done he has to go. Giving Redknapp a high five with the biggest smile on his face after we lost to Spurs was already bad enough.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum