Is Thursday's Game Going To Be Televised?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is Thursday's Game Going To Be Televised?

Postby 1921 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:23 am

blootoof wrote:The host club holds all the rights I think. I just don't think any channel have put a bid in yet. Could still happen IMO.
Yes. We didn't recive any bids yet. We are waitng for any TV channel from england.
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Poli Timisoara

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:35 am

1921 wrote:
blootoof wrote:The host club holds all the rights I think. I just don't think any channel have put a bid in yet. Could still happen IMO.
Yes. We didn't recive any bids yet. We are waitng for any TV channel from england.

£10
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:56 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
1921 wrote:

£10

What if we all club together £5 each?

If you all give me your bank account details & I'll sort it out without any of you having to worry..
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:33 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
1921 wrote:

£10

If you all give me your bank account details & I'll sort it out without any of you having to worry..

My bank in Nigeria have asked for your details to transfer the money into, just don't forget that 3 figure number on the back of your card...
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:42 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
1921 wrote:

£10

My bank in Nigeria have asked for your details to transfer the money into, just don't forget that 3 figure number on the back of your card...

Ok but don't send me anymore kids..Madonna says enough's enough.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby superkev8705 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:54 am

E-mailed the club about this and got the following reply:

Thank you for your email.

The fixture won't be televised.

Discussions are being made as to whether it will be shown on our website, please visit the website www.mcfc.co.uk for further updates.

Regards,
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:31 pm

superkev8705 wrote:E-mailed the club about this and got the following reply:

Thank you for your email.

The fixture won't be televised.

Discussions are being made as to whether it will be shown on our website, please visit the website http://www.mcfc.co.uk for further updates.

Regards,

Unless we have our own full camera crew, perhaps they mean it's not being televised HERE so, even if we don't show it ont web site rivers may still flow if there's a camera crew filming it for local broadcast.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Dear King Kev,

Can you make this thread a sticky in case something comes up?

Cheers.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby tchumatu » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:26 pm

No television in Romania has reached an agreement for the match to be shown on national (romanian) TV yet, but there are rumours that two of them are interested in buying the rights. There are 4 clubs in Romania being involved in thursday's night games, two of them already have TV arrangements.

I can't see our game not being televised, I'm guessing it's just a matter of the home club trying to make as much money as possible out of it. Only 8000 tickets were sold till yesterday. However, I think that the atmosphere in the stadium will be our main concern.

I'll keep you updated on how things develop.
Roberto Mancini was the man who brought us our first trophy in 35 years. He was the man that brought us our first league title in 44 years. He brought us one of the greatest moments of our lives. He masterminded a 6-1 win at Old Trafford, and a Wembley win over United. He challenged Ferguson, he argued with him on the touchline, he brought success, and he punched the air in delight with the rest of us at the madness of it all. He had style, panache and a winning smile.All those memories he gave us will never be forgotten, in a wonderful period in this club’s long history.
And I swear, we’ll never see anything like it again.
tchumatu
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Bell

Postby Blue in the face » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:57 pm

How on earth can eufa have a "eufa controlled" match that isn't televised? Surely selling the TV rights is all about them making money.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby superkev8705 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:11 pm

You know whats coming:

COOK: TIMISOARA BOTTLED IT

Manchester City chief executive Garry Cook has accused FC Timisoara of 'bottling it' over Televison rights for Thursdays game.

Cook returned from Romania in sombre mood last night after the Romanians decided not to accept City's amazing £800m offer.

He always knew negotiations would be tricky. But he feels Timisoara's celebrations belied the knowledge they were willing to sell their television rights.

"We had entered into a confidentiality agreement weeks ago but, in my personal opinion, they [Timisoara] bottled it."

As Cook confirmed, negotiations had been ongoing for weeks, with Timisoara in full knowledge of the significance of their move.

"We had gone through a three or four-stage process in which Timisoara made it quite clear the rights were for sale and we made it clear we intended to put the game on the Official Website," he said.

"As we got to the next stage there were questions they could not answer and I think the political and public pressure made them change their conditions.

"We never even met the directors. We met Timisoara's representatives, their fathers, their Grandma's and their dogs but we had discussed commercial terms only."

The chastening experience confirms just how difficult City will find it to compete with the world's biggest clubs from their current position in the bottom half of the Premier League after one game.

Owner Sheikh Mansour is keen for City to move quickly, which is why Cook was sent to negotiate directly.

But Cook felt that rather than looking at the wider picture, the deal just turned into one about money.

"The agenda we thought we were on was about Timisoara coming on a journey with this club but at the end the only journey they were on was a fiscal one," added Cook.

"We'll continue on our journey but they won't be a part of it. Deals with the greatest clubs are more than complex than those from a third world country.

"It would have been great to have the rights with us but what got in the way was the behaviour of Timisoara and I think they bottled it.

"We got to talk to all parties. The chairman said he was very interested and we talked about humanitarian potential factors but when we got into discussions those issues took a back seat and financial demands came to the fore."
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Postby hyper » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Unless we have our own full camera crew, perhaps they mean it's not being televised HERE so, even if we don't show it ont web site rivers may still flow if there's a camera crew filming it for local broadcast.

And it looks like that at the moment it isn't being shown anywhere, this site lists any sport on satellite and there's no channels for our game:
http://liveonsat.com/foot_today.php?sta ... _yyyy=2010
hyper
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby tchumatu » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:20 am

It has been announced this morning that Digisport (a romanian channel) bought the rights for the game and will broadcast it starting 22:00 hrs (that is 20:00 for you), so have some patience if you'll not find rivers flowing at KO time, try again in 15 minutes or just keep watching the end of Vaslui - Lille (another EL play-off game).

http://www.digisport.ro/program-digisport/2010-08-19
Roberto Mancini was the man who brought us our first trophy in 35 years. He was the man that brought us our first league title in 44 years. He brought us one of the greatest moments of our lives. He masterminded a 6-1 win at Old Trafford, and a Wembley win over United. He challenged Ferguson, he argued with him on the touchline, he brought success, and he punched the air in delight with the rest of us at the madness of it all. He had style, panache and a winning smile.All those memories he gave us will never be forgotten, in a wonderful period in this club’s long history.
And I swear, we’ll never see anything like it again.
tchumatu
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:24 am

tchumatu wrote:It has been announced this morning that Digisport (a romanian channel) bought the rights for the game and will broadcast it starting 22:00 hrs (that is 20:00 for you), so have some patience if you'll not find rivers flowing at KO time, try again in 15 minutes or just keep watching the end of Vaslui - Lille (another EL play-off game).

Nice 1 thanks.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby King Kev » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:27 am

tchumatu wrote:It has been announced this morning that Digisport (a romanian channel) bought the rights for the game and will broadcast it starting 22:00 hrs (that is 20:00 for you), so have some patience if you'll not find rivers flowing at KO time, try again in 15 minutes or just keep watching the end of Vaslui - Lille (another EL play-off game).

Thanks for that mate, it's appreciated.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby superkev8705 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:14 am

Thanks tchumatu. Smashin that
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:17 am

Well done Tchumatu, there is hope. Shame about the first 15 minutes though!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sharkey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:58 pm

liveonlinefooty now saying they have it on too
sharkey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Dameerto » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, tchumatu.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby dikdik » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:30 pm

Liveonlinefooty have it on Channel 3.

£5 for two months subscription.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum