I'm Hoping The Ireland To Villa Deal Falls Through Now

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: I'm Hoping The Ireland To Villa Deal Falls Through Now

Postby TheGOAT » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:16 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:my lad will be gutted if we get rid of stevie ireland. hes only 4 and obssesed with him! are you listening roberto?????

How so?

The boy was only 2 when Stevie had his only good season, and he has been utter wank for three quarters of your son's life. With judgement like that, your lad will be a munich by age 5 - keep an eye on him

lol
brilliant
"Watch a DVD, eat some pizza
**** each other!
I'm serious!!
**** a chicken if that's what it takes...
Watch a chicken ******* a horse...
What? You think the guys at google sat around watching Trumpton?"
TheGOAT
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:08 pm

ryanmjo wrote:I'm fine with selling him, just not to a top 8 side.

I don't want him going to United either!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:28 pm

ryanmjo wrote:An ITK guy on the Villa forums claims O'Neill was going to sell us Milner for 15 million, Ireland, Onouha, and Michael Johnson.

Lerner just wanted 30 million though, no players used as makeweights.

that would've been wacky deal for us.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:28 pm

ryanmjo wrote:An ITK guy on the Villa forums claims O'Neill was going to sell us Milner for 15 million, Ireland, Onouha, and Michael Johnson.

Lerner just wanted 30 million though, no players used as makeweights.

that would've been wacky deal for us.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ryanmjo » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
ryanmjo wrote:I'm fine with selling him, just not to a top 8 side.

I don't want him going to U***d either!

Ha! Well done.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Delighted about this if it means we aren’t going through with that deal. It would have been up there with the Eto plus cash for Ibra in terms of the worst transfer ever.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:32 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Delighted about this if it means we aren’t going through with that deal. It would have been up there with the Eto plus cash for Ibra in terms of the worst transfer ever.

what have you seen in Ireland this preseason to think he isn't just going to sulk his way through another craptastic season?

not saying i want him to leave, but i really don't think i'd lose sleep if he left..until he lit the world on fire of course. ;)

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby TonyM » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Ireland is my favourite player. I realy hope he stays. He's better than a lot of players we are keeping hold of. And he will only be better in a decent team.

I think it's double standards for those who defend this past pre season on the fact that so many decent players were missing ... and then judge polayers like Ireland and Bellamy wehn they haven't had to play with these great players.

Ireland will be great with Silva and Yaya. If he stays then I will feel like we've had a great close season (sort of like when the deal to send him to Sunderland collapsed years ago and he was fuckin awesome thereafter).

Hopefully Milner will still come to the club. There's room for Milner, Ireland and Bellamy in the squad of 25.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Esky » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:37 am

TonyM wrote:Ireland is my favourite player. I realy hope he stays. He's better than a lot of players we are keeping hold of. And he will only be better in a decent team.

I think it's double standards for those who defend this past pre season on the fact that so many decent players were missing ... and then judge players like Ireland and Bellamy wehn they haven't had to play with these great players.

Ireland will be great with Silva and Yaya. If he stays then I will feel like we've had a great close season (sort of like when the deal to send him to Sunderland collapsed years ago and he was fuckin awesome thereafter).

Hopefully Milner will still come to the club. There's room for Milner, Ireland and Bellamy in the squad of 25.

Spot on all round. He'll prove more important to us than any amount of money he'd have 'saved' us in that deal.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:40 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Let's hope so. Ireland is better player than Milner so that would've been stupid deal anyway.

Really??? One good season from Ireland in god knows how many makes him better than Milner? Two very different players in my book, but one of them is far more consistent than the other, with that player being Milner.

Ireland has the skill and talent to be leading playmaker in the league. Milner on the other hand, while more consistent, does not possess skill to take his game to that next level of really really top players.

Personally I'd like to see us try and get full potential out of Ireland rather than waste money on Milner who I couldn't even see in our starting line up for Spurs even if he signed before that. He simply isn't good enough.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Erwin Rommel » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:29 am

Ireland is a bit weird, he kills his Grannys, owns a pink car and has a kilometre long Fish Tank. Mancini struggles to manage weird people, so Ireland has to go.
Erwin Rommel
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: tevez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:09 am

Erwin Rommel wrote:Ireland is a bit weird, he kills his Grannys, owns a pink car and has a kilometre long Fish Tank. Mancini struggles to manage weird people, so Ireland has to go.

Yeah. Wish we'd still have Pearce. He really knew how to get best out of Ireland by playing him on the right wing. Biggest fucking clown of manager we ever had. Right Erw?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:14 am

Erwin Rommel wrote:Mancini struggles to manage weird people

ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:18 am

ant london wrote:
Erwin Rommel wrote:Mancini struggles to manage weird people

Dev is just winding people up.

But besides that, good point. Kind of makes me more positive about possible Balotelli signing. He has great track record of managing complicated players.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Rammyblue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:25 pm

seems as thought he could be off to Liverpool or Sunderland.
Rammyblue
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:55 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Let's hope so. Ireland is better player than Milner so that would've been stupid deal anyway.

Really??? One good season from Ireland in god knows how many makes him better than Milner? Two very different players in my book, but one of them is far more consistent than the other, with that player being Milner.

Ireland has the skill and talent to be leading playmaker in the league. Milner on the other hand, while more consistent, does not possess skill to take his game to that next level of really really top players.

Personally I'd like to see us try and get full potential out of Ireland rather than waste money on Milner who I couldn't even see in our starting line up for Spurs even if he signed before that. He simply isn't good enough.

I dont doubt he does have the skill but does he have the right mental capibilites to use it, from what i have seen the answer is no. IMO i can not ever see Stevie Ireland being banded in the same bracket as Fabregas, Scholes and Inestias and that IMO is the level of player we want to be aiming for if we want to be challenging the big boys of world football.

Can i ask a question......If we win a major trophy this season will anyone on here be bothered that Stevie Ireland on Craig Bellemy (if they are both sold) were not part of that and will you give them a 2nd thought???

My answer is no as there is no sentiment in football anymore and im past the point of getting attached to bloody football players. To me its all about City and im at the point from a very selfish point of view that i want to see us win something and if that means leaving players on the side of the road then so be it.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:56 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

I dont doubt he does have the skill but does he have the right mental capibilites to use it, from what i have seen the answer is no. IMO i can not ever see Stevie Ireland being banded in the same bracket as Fabregas, Scholes and Inestias and that IMO is the level of player we want to be aiming for if we want to be challenging the big boys of world football.

Can i ask a question......If we win a major trophy this season will anyone on here be bothered that Stevie Ireland on Craig Bellemy (if they are both sold) were not part of that and will you give them a 2nd thought???
My answer is no as there is no sentiment in football anymore and im past the point of getting attached to bloody football players. To me its all about City and im at the point from a very selfish point of view that i want to see us win something and if that means leaving players on the side of the road then so be it.

No. But let's win something first.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby smurfsdabomb » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:59 am

Blue2 wrote:

Your are kidding aren't you? Milner is miles better amd way more consistent. Ireland has had one good season in five and the rest of the time he has been shit.

Milner better my hole. He was some nobody at Newcastle on the bench behind Duff more often than not until O'Neill turned him into a decent workhouse who had one top season at Villa. Consistent? Sure, consistently average. Ireland may be inconsistent but when its his day he's world class, a level Milner will never touch. Cristiano Ronaldo was exactly the same in his younger days, inconsistent with flashes of brilliance. If a decent coach gets a hold of stevie and nurtures those flashes to become the norm he can be one of the greatest players on the planet as well.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby sandman » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:06 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:
Blue2 wrote:

Your are kidding aren't you? Milner is miles better amd way more consistent. Ireland has had one good season in five and the rest of the time he has been shit.

Milner better my hole. He was some nobody at Newcastle on the bench behind Duff more often than not until O'Neill turned him into a decent workhouse who had one top season at Villa. Consistent? Sure, consistently average. Ireland may be inconsistent but when its his day he's world class, a level Milner will never touch. Cristiano Ronaldo was exactly the same in his younger days, inconsistent with flashes of brilliance. If a decent coach gets a hold of stevie and nurtures those flashes to become the norm he can be one of the greatest players on the planet as well.

Ireland had one good season, he wont come good again, he's not got the attitude he had back then. We all know what Stevie can do and we also know what stevie does do... two completely different stories. Villa is the best place for him.

If we get a player off the wage bill and have to pay a little less for Milner then i'm happy to lose someone destined to rot in our reserves.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:07 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:
Blue2 wrote:

Cristiano Ronaldo was exactly the same in his younger days, inconsistent with flashes of brilliance.

!

I recon Ronaldo may have been slightly better than Ireland.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum