And the winners of SA2010 are...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: And the winners of SA2010 are...

Postby Wooders » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:46 am

Holland - put a monkey on it
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby btajim » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:48 am

john68 wrote:Walmai,
Beware debating London with our Jimbo, he is an expert on all the Hams...East Ham, West Ham...even BOILED HAM.

Your bulging stomach begs to differ on the last point.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:56 am

walmai wrote:...Germany

Winners of SA 2010 are: Platini & Blatter.

Still in a job no matter how many things they could have done to improve the competition but chose to ignore. (Empty seats, balls that even Messi struggles with, lack of video help for refs, etc etc)
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:56 am

Scarily, if I have it right, unless the Netherlands or Uruguay win, then the only undefeated team in the World Cup will have been New Zealand.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:02 am

am obviously hoping for Holland, but I think the national mentality will lead to a honourable defeat in the final.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dronny » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:50 am

mr_nool wrote:am obviously hoping for Holland, but I think the national mentality will lead to a honourable defeat in the final.

Hope not Nooly fella, I really hope the Dutch win to make up for the years when they were the best team in the WC and still contrived to throw it away.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby walmai » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:13 pm

btajim wrote:
walmai wrote:
btajim wrote:Anything can be put to one side when the vitriol is aimed at Cockneys.

Careful not to live amongst them or anything, then, eh?

I really don't think East Ham has retained too much traditional Cockney values in the last 30+ years. Although you're from Essex and live in Lambeth. Not much opportunity for a comeback.

East Ham was until relatively recently in Essex. The continuous connection between East Ham, now in Greater London and never historically a part of the East End, and Essex is as plain as the nose on your face, as much as you appear to have no idea what I am talking about. My secondary school was adjacent to the large East Ham estate that is in Brentwood, on the other side of the M25.

'Cockney' is a loose phrase that nowadays has minimal connection with its original meaning. Not one single WHU fan I know seriously proclaims him or herself to be a 'cockney'. Its just a song some of us sing.

Anyway. Enough. Please stop this. I am sure that everyone else is as bored of it as me.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby btajim » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:28 pm

walmai wrote:East Ham was until relatively recently in Essex. The continuous connection between East Ham, now in Greater London and never historically a part of the East End, and Essex is as plain as the nose on your face, as much as you appear to have no idea what I am talking about. My secondary school was adjacent to the large East Ham estate that is in Brentwood, on the other side of the M25.

'Cockney' is a loose phrase that nowadays has minimal connection with its original meaning. Not one single WHU fan I know seriously proclaims him or herself to be a 'cockney'. Its just a song some of us sing.

Anyway. Enough. Please stop this. I am sure that everyone else is as bored of it as me.

Nobody ever has any idea what you're talking about. You contradict yourself continually and barely make any interesting point.

I can't imagine you know many people who support West Ham because you're ridiculed on KUMB. Usernames like "I Am Lawro" etc. Barely any of your Fans have genuine London connections because Locals have been priced out of the Club. You're all City Workers from Hornchurch.

If you're bored then don't reply. Simple. Just like you.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby edge275 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:36 pm

btajim wrote:
walmai wrote:East Ham was until relatively recently in Essex. The continuous connection between East Ham, now in Greater London and never historically a part of the East End, and Essex is as plain as the nose on your face, as much as you appear to have no idea what I am talking about. My secondary school was adjacent to the large East Ham estate that is in Brentwood, on the other side of the M25.

Nobody ever has any idea what you're talking about.

I hate it when people do this. Speak on behalf of others. I know what he's talking about, thanks.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby btajim » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:43 pm

edge275 wrote:I hate it when people do this. Speak on behalf of others. I know what he's talking about, thanks.

*puts on deeply sarcastic voice*

Yes... I speak on behalf of all Manchester City Fans. Is that you, Mike?

*stops sarcasm*

Of course you know what I Am Law is on about. Great cunts think alike. Weren't you once banned from here for calling someone a Rapist?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby btajim » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:54 pm

btajim wrote:Of course you know what I Am Law is on about. Great cunts think alike. Weren't you once banned from here for calling someone a Rapist?

And how can we forget that comment about Black people's teeth. Profound.

Half a dozen at least have wanted to give you a kicking.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby edge275 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:46 pm

btajim wrote:
btajim wrote:Of course you know what I Am Law is on about. Great cunts think alike. Weren't you once banned from here for calling someone a Rapist?

Half a dozen at least have wanted to give you a kicking.

I'd say at least a dozen, oh voice of many.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:08 pm

What a strange thread! From predicting the WC Winners, to talking about Londoners, to bringing up peoples previous indiscretions.

Can't beat CityFans ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What a strange thread! From predicting the WC Winners, to talking about Londoners, to bringing up peoples previous indiscretions.

Can't beat CityFans ;-)

I think it's safe to say that we either need another new signing, a pic of the new Away shirt or another OD leaving thread to ease the boredom
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby walmai » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:58 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:What a strange thread! From predicting the WC Winners, to talking about Londoners, to bringing up peoples previous indiscretions.

Can't beat CityFans ;-)

I think it's safe to say that we either need another new signing,

Another star of the World Cup, already? You guys take some pleasing! ;)
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:51 pm

walmai wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Can't beat CityFans ;-)

I think it's safe to say that we either need another new signing,

Another star of the World Cup, already? You guys take some pleasing! ;)

I think most are more than happy at this moment mate, maybe a just one more by the final would see the rest through ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby walmai » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:25 pm

The quick integration of Yaya, Silva and Boateng into your first eleven is going to reap instant dividends.

Quite how to integrate them is of course what Mancini kept his job for.

Your rollercoaster ride is headed upwards, imho. Enjoy it.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:37 pm

walmai wrote:The quick integration of Yaya, Silva and Boateng into your first eleven is going to reap instant dividends.

Quite how to integrate them is of course what Mancini kept his job for.

Your rollercoaster ride is headed upwards, imho. Enjoy it.

It sure is mate, but like most, I keep my feet on the ground and expect the unexpected. I think many, like me, are still a bit gobsmacked about what's happening to us!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:21 am

btajim wrote:

Nobody ever has any idea what you're talking about. You contradict yourself continually and barely make any interesting point.

I can't imagine you know many people who support West Ham because you're ridiculed on KUMB. Usernames like "I Am Lawro" etc. Barely any of your Fans have genuine London connections because Locals have been priced out of the Club. You're all City Workers from Hornchurch.

If you're bored then don't reply. Simple. Just like you.

Wow. Bit nasty that. Walmai seems like a nice lad. Personally I think he comes over here and freshens things up a bit with his outsider opinions. Don't see why you're choosing to be so vitriolic. It's THAT I can't understand, not Walmai's posts.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby dazby » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:38 am

Jim has an " I'm the only Hammer in the village" thing going on.

Spain to beat the Dutch in the final.

I'm two off the lead in the tipping comp. I got all four right in the semis but the leader got the score right in the Holland Brazil game. BASTARD!! oh well, if I get two tips out of four second place is secured and prize money comes to the dazby. booyeah
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum