FOUR WINS AND WE'RE IN...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FOUR WINS AND WE'RE IN...

Postby Vhero » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:21 am

After arsenals performance against spurs last week and considering how many times we already beat them this year I cannot see us losing against them now especially now they know the title is out of their reach (Wenger said so himself). So I reckon we can do 4 wins or hope spurs drops 1 against the rags but I want us to take them at our place and seal 4th at home I mean how good would that be??
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:44 am

I thought it was meant to be all over.

I wish people would stop jinxing games.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:00 am

Our last 3 tough homes have brought us no goals . None at all against Lpool ,Everton and the scum. Why haven't we managed to score against these 3 and to be brutal we didn't really look like scoring in any of them did we?

I just wonder why that is and whether we can turn it round in the final two home games which are also tough ones.Is it just because the key attacking players just didn't play well on the day or is it down to how the TEAM approached the game a little too cautiously.

Whatever the answer we will have to play to the top of our ability in the final 4 games to get 4th and for me it needs a very positive approach in all games. I have no doubt if we sit back and look to contain and sneak a win that we will not do it. Not silly all out attack but a team playing to it's strengths and fully believing in itself.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Renato_CTID » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:05 am

The fact is: could spuds go on playing at the same level of their last two performances vs gunners and Chelski til the end of the Premier?
All I can say is: NOOOOHHH! I've watched very carefully Heurelio Gomes and I think he'd be the key for them! Impossible he could confirm his actual impressive form all next four games, and so ...
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:12 am

lets all have a disco wrote: I thought it was meant to be all over.

I wish people would stop jinxing games.

We're on 62....win our final 4 games leaves us on 74

Spurs could then only win three....64+9 =73

FACT....hows the head?...anymore windmills??!! ;)
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:15 am

Nice work Douglas...I like what you're saying...However they are all tough games.

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:24 am

I wish we were playing Arsenal today, then we could forget which poster is negative, which is optimistic, which is "realistic", etc. As it stands, we have six days of thumb twiddling. Better still, I wish we had played Arsenal and Villa and it was the Spurs' game today and we had something to play for (i.e. 4th). Till then, it's the usual conjecture, and not one of us is right or wrong - yet.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:04 am

Manx Blue wrote:Nice work Douglas...I like what you're saying...However they are all tough games.

It's ok if you want to call all games tough and at the end of the season with a major goal in sight the pressure is on every game so that might make them tough.But if we are going to call home games against Bolton,Pompay,Wigan and even Brum tough then I am not sure what that says of us. We musn't take them lightly of course but seriously they should not be tough games.

The reality is that some of these games become tough because of that pressure and not because of the ability of the opposition. Some though are tough more because of the opposition and made extra so because of the pressure of the situation.

The fact remains that against good opposition lately at COMS we havent scored a goal in 3 games and we have 2 more of the games looming.Somethinh has to cjange for us to win those games.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:24 am

I think Spurs will get it,i think we needed something out of the game yesterday.

Bad times.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beeks » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:29 am

We absolutely have to win at Arsenal otherwise we are fooked...have a horrible feeling that lost point yesterday will cost us
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:14 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:Nice work Douglas...I like what you're saying...However they are all tough games.

It's ok if you want to call all games tough and at the end of the season with a major goal in sight the pressure is on every game so that might make them tough.But if we are going to call home games against Bolton,Pompay,Wigan and even Brum tough then I am not sure what that says of us. We musn't take them lightly of course but seriously they should not be tough games.

The reality is that some of these games become tough because of that pressure and not because of the ability of the opposition. Some though are tough more because of the opposition and made extra so because of the pressure of the situation.

The fact remains that against good opposition lately at COMS we havent scored a goal in 3 games and we have 2 more of the games looming.Somethinh has to cjange for us to win those games.

Douglas, I respect your post and the sense you always talk. Howver he can't continue harping back to lost points and stumbles against other teams. We are, where we are through graft let's not forget that. To me if we if
miss out on fourth it will be a dissappointment, but if we qualify for the Europa, it will be the first time in 30 years we have qualified without outside assistance.

Let's look at our current situation as a glass half full scenario and approach the last 4 games with vim & vigour Liverpool everton, villa, Brum etc would all like to be in our position, let's not forget that!

Manx Blue

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:20 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:We absolutely have to win at Arsenal otherwise we are fooked...have a horrible feeling that lost point yesterday will cost us

Completely agree. If we beat Arsenal and Spurs lose or draw at the swamp, then I reckon we might still be able to do it. If we only get 1 point or even lose against Arsenal then that's it I think.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:17 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Our last 3 tough homes have brought us no goals . None at all against Lpool ,Everton and the scum. Why haven't we managed to score against these 3 and to be brutal we didn't really look like scoring in any of them did we?

I just wonder why that is and whether we can turn it round in the final two home games which are also tough ones.Is it just because the key attacking players just didn't play well on the day or is it down to how the TEAM approached the game a little too cautiously.

Whatever the answer we will have to play to the top of our ability in the final 4 games to get 4th and for me it needs a very positive approach in all games. I have no doubt if we sit back and look to contain and sneak a win that we will not do it. Not silly all out attack but a team playing to it's strengths and fully believing in itself.

we were more nervous than usual in front of goal, chances got spurned. but the slightly cautious approach is probably the difference. We once again acquired that gap behind the front two. As we have no-one able to fill that gap the only option is to push higher up the field as a team. On Sat we didnt do that enough, but it also seemed that we were content to allow the situation rather than force it. I would have prefered to have gone a goal down to the rags due to pushing up, than sit there and struggle to be in close touch with the front line.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:21 pm

Three points at the Emirates anyone?... Especially with a buzzing adebayor???

Manx Blue

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Manx Blue wrote:Three points at the Emirates anyone?... Especially with a buzzing adebayor???

After watching that Arsenal team today yes, we are more than capable of taking all three points COME ON CITY.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dazzacity » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Well Wigan just totally out played Arsenal. They now have fook all to play for and we have everything. I think we can do um.

We have to hope the rags do us a favour- a side that also has everything to play for- and we hope we can pull together and beat Spurs at ours. Its possible.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:40 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:Three points at the Emirates anyone?... Especially with a buzzing adebayor???

After watching that Arsenal team today yes, we are more than capable of taking all three points COME ON CITY.

I can't understand why they kept Van Persie on the bench 'til last knockings

Manx Blue

Postby Vhero » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Dazzacity wrote:Well Wigan just totally out played Arsenal. They now have fook all to play for and we have everything. I think we can do um.

We have to hope the rags do us a favour- a side that also has everything to play for- and we hope we can pull together and beat Spurs at ours. Its possible.

Yeah they won't bother wasting Van Persie again in our match as they don't need to now the title is out of there reach. It's great news they are out of the title race.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Douglas, I respect your post and the sense you always talk. Howver he can't continue harping back to lost points and stumbles against other teams. We are, where we are through graft let's not forget that. To me if we if
miss out on fourth it will be a dissappointment, but if we qualify for the Europa, it will be the first time in 30 years we have qualified without outside assistance.

Let's look at our current situation as a glass half full scenario and approach the last 4 games with vim & vigour Liverpool everton, villa, Brum etc would all like to be in our position, let's not forget that!

I am not harping back to past games in the context of lost points but more to consider the way we have played. Sadly I feel we have approached too many games in a cautious way and it has cost us. Not always against weaker sides but definitely against the better ones.My concern looking forward to the next 3 games is that we do the same and suffer.We need to be positive and play to our attacking strengths.We can certainly beat Arsenal and Spurs and then it really will be in our hands with the game against Spurs where we will need to be at our very best.We can get 4th but not if we lack ambition.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Fair points all round douglas... So if we, the support can draw 5 or 10% extra from the players by our support alone, and positive Ambitious attitude from the players who should go into all games with that outlook, we can all be quids in?

Manx Blue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum