etihad/dazby

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: etihad/dazby

Postby Tony P » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:39 pm

I've lived abroad for 10 years, last saw City in the flesh in 2001. Never been to Eastlands. Still voted for Dazby.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Sorry PaulH

But I take "coming home" as being spiratual (sp?), I was born in Manc but my parents moved "sarffff" whilst I was still in nappies.

I have done in excess of 100 games in my 43 yrs and nowhere near as many as I would like. Every time I do make a game hairs on the back of my neck stand even if appear to be an outsider due my accent that being an outsider!

Anyways I am not sure which one is your mates entry, none match Dazby's in my unbiased opinion.

REMEMBER, life is all about choices, your mate through either love, work or other circumstances opted to leave Manchester and again in my opinion, means his 700+ matches count for nowt and leave him on an even playing field wit the others.

Dazby on the other hand, CHOSE our beloved City and has been a regular poster here on Gods own web site for as long as I can remember and I've been around since I reckon about 2002ish, if not earlier.

As I said earlier life is about choices, I got to the majority of my games in the late 90's when I had the cash/time/freedom to do so.

My circumstances have changed due to my own life CHOICES, i.e. Got loved up with my missus and had a kid. I can't wait to bring my 5yr old lad to CoMS but a 6 hour round trip with 90 min's of footie is just too long a day for him just yet.

So in short having bored the fuclin ass off everyone, my vote is undoutbedly going to Dazby, simply because and above what I have written so far, an Aussie who has shown more of "our" renowned Mancunian whit than the rest of the other entries put together!

BARMY ARMY..... BARMY ARMY

Pissed and going to bed as I can't be arsed to type anymore on this sodding handheld, love you all but especially DAZ fookin BY

BARMY ARMY

And if he does make it over, I might even. Drive the 3 hours each way just so I can meet the legend in the Townley, only mine will be a pint of OJ on account drivin'n'all (unless they sell 1664 and then I'll ask a cousin for coutch to crash on)

Yours, team Dazby (Hampshire branch)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby dazby » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:24 am

paulh wrote:Lads I have no problem with dazby but isn't the coming home comp for city fans from england? In my eyes we shouhould be voting lads who were city but moved abroad I.e my mate adam woods who moved over there two years ago after seven hundred plus games. Not looking to start a row on this great forum just saying it as I see it

Paul, I take your point entirely mate. When I initially saw the comp I wasn't going to enter as I thought someone like Peter K Amoabil would be most deserving (look him up on Facebook- I guy in Ghana who gets his kids to play in City gear.) But Alex Sapphire started a thread about the comp and there was a bit of support for me so I gave it a go and gave it a go HARD.

I should clear up something too. The offy site yesterday said that they had received my entry after the Liverpool game, which was the final home game. I did send it beforehand in the hope it would have qualified for that one but not to be.

Adam has done a top vid and congratulations to him for it.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:51 am

BetaManchester wrote:I want to see that vid played in the stadium!

I don't. seeing my cheesey head would be WELL embarrasing.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby simon12 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:03 am

paulh wrote:Sensible replies lads I'm winging cause its called coming home. If the comp was not called coming home and adam was not in comp then dazby would get my vote to

I thought it was a "coming out" competition hence I voted Dazby...and so did my wife.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:10 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:
BetaManchester wrote:I want to see that vid played in the stadium!

I don't. seeing my cheesey head would be WELL embarrasing.

You'll love it,stop whingeing.

Kinda is on it aswell and full crew,the stadium wont know whats hit em.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby blootoof » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:06 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
paulh wrote:Sensible replies lads I'm winging cause its called coming home. If the comp was not called coming home and adam was not in comp then dazby would get my vote to

My problem with the comp name lies here, too. What would the definition of 'Home' be if it were to be restricted like this? Manc? The North? England? Britain? Europe?

COMING HOME IS EXACTLY THAT IMO..COMING HOME.

IF THIS COMP WAS OPEN TO ANYONE WORLD WIDE THAT SUPPORTS MAN CITY THEN THEY SHOULD HAVE NAMED THE COMP DIFFERENTLY.
HAVING SAID THAT CONVICTS FROM AUSTRALIA ALL CAME FROM ENGLAND ONCE UPON A TIME SO THEY SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS COMP

I'm glad you posted that before I did.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:17 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I think it applies to all blues...Dazby has NEVER seen City play...i'm sorry but to show the commitment he has made to support a club he might never watch just seals it for me

I'm sure Adam Woods is a good kid...but he's only been abroad two years FFS...I worked abroad longer than that...and he's been to hundreds of games!!

I'm sorry but there is no comparison

I'm with you IBH.

Dazby is one of the most devoted city fans about.

I saw my first city game a few seasons back and i can't even begin to describe the feeling a got when all my heroes took to the pitch and i saw them all in the flesh for the first time. It was pretty damn special. Dazby deserves that experience and to deprive him of it for a lad whos been there and done it all before is criminal.

Everyone on this site MUST vote Dazby.

He may not have been born on this damp rock but the bloke is blue through and through. We've a chance to give the guy a once in a lifetime experience so lets fooking do it lads!!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Slim » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:28 pm

I know dazby.

I like dazby.

Did I watch a fucking video?

Did I fuck.

Vote dazby.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:28 pm

Blue Blood wrote:Dazby is one of the most devoted city fans about.

I saw my first city game a few seasons back and i can't even begin to describe the feeling a got when all my heroes took to the pitch and i saw them all in the flesh for the first time. It was pretty damn special. Dazby deserves that experience and to deprive him of it for a lad whos been there and done it all before is criminal.

Everyone on this site MUST vote Dazby.

He may not have been born on this damp rock but the bloke is blue through and through. We've a chance to give the guy a once in a lifetime experience so lets fooking do it lads!!

btajim likes this.

I can honestly say that I'd have voted for Dazby had I never read this Forum before. His Video was awesome.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Beeks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Has anyone ventured onto Bluemoon and put up a thread?

Might get some random votes there?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Vhero » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Vote Dazby don't be stupid.. End of...
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:40 pm

Slim wrote:I know dazby.

I like dazby.

Did I watch a fucking video?

Did I fuck.

Vote dazby.

pussy.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby btajim » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:38 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Has anyone ventured onto Bluemoon and put up a thread?

I've got an inkling that they're backing one of their own. But it's only Forum World and there's shed loads of people who don't read either.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby HeyMark » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:56 pm

btajim wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Has anyone ventured onto Bluemoon and put up a thread?

I've got an inkling that they're backing one of their own. But it's only Forum World and there's shed loads of people who don't read either.

I occasionally have a read of the stuff of their and from what I can see theres quite a few over there pissed off at him for getting a late entry and they're backing other people
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:58 pm

The comp was announced on 21st December under the headline "do you have City-mad friends or relatives living abroad"
We do.

But they couldn't make it so we're backing Dazby
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Crossie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Dazbys video was the best, there was actually effort, not just a bunch of scrolling words with some music.

Hope you win mate
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby kinkylola » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Better get something up on bluemoon ...

I think they've got enough numbers to sway the comp ... besides if everyone on bluemoon convinces a couple people to vote their way, it starts getting nuts, not counting how many of them have multiple emails.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby spiv » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:03 pm

kinkylola wrote:Better get something up on bluemoon ...

I think they've got enough numbers to sway the comp ... besides if everyone on bluemoon convinces a couple people to vote their way, it starts getting nuts, not counting how many of them have multiple emails.

Best not to, they are championing Gordon Love on there although it's not to get votes but raising funds to get him over for the derby anyway.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Jobs Done fella's! When I saw nine messages in my In box, I though LAHAD was agressively pestering me for more fresh Manx Fish again!! ;)
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum